[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>hehe may the FOURTH be with you why do chads and staceys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (252 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
252 KB, 1920x1080
>hehe may the FOURTH be with you
why do chads and staceys have to appropriate the few hobbies and interests that we have? why can't they just be interested in other things? why even bother if they are just going to pretend to like something instead of truly like it?
>>
Star Wars has had mass appeal since its inception. Its not some nieche nerd thing. It's one of the most popular franchises ever since the 70's. Wtf are you even talking about.
>>
Star Wars has been a significant cultural and economic force for almost 40 years now, so of course you're going to find shallow nods to it in the mainstream. Every body knows it, a good deal like it, and an even greater deal just like referencing things.
>>
File: sneers.jpg (24 KB, 407x349) Image search: [Google]
sneers.jpg
24 KB, 407x349
>>28342025
>Me and the 3 "nerds" I knew saw Episode 3 at midnight in 6th grade
>Were talking about it together the next day at school before class
>Get laughed at
>Those same people today probably jumped on Episode 7 because it was mainstream now
>>
>>28342177
Dubs confirm.

Star Wars is not a nerdy hobby. It never was.
>>
>>28342025
Star Wars has always been normie as fuck, don't pretend otherwise.
>>
>>28342183
this

people pretending that star wars was always normie are deluding themselves
>>
>>28342025
Star Wars is one of the most normie tier interests a person can have, do you think Chads who play COD are appropriating nerd culture?
>>
Stargate is the best scifi beginning with the word star. Excluding atlantis and season 9 and 10 of sg1.

7 minutes into watxhing aeason 9 ep 1 with me tonifht she got furious at the show and went to bed.
>>
>>28342785
Adjusted for inflation, the original Star Wars (now Episode IV) is the third highest grossing movie in history.
>>
File: 1462156938303.gif (1 MB, 515x404) Image search: [Google]
1462156938303.gif
1 MB, 515x404
>>28342183
Nigga, what the fuck?
I only went to see Episode 3 because literally my whole classroom already saw it and wouldn't shut the fuck up about it.
>>
>>28342870
the original has always been episode 4
>>
>>28343217
It was originally simply titled "Star Wars".
>>
File: 1461698382127.png (460 KB, 473x960) Image search: [Google]
1461698382127.png
460 KB, 473x960
People who say star wars was normie from the beginning are right. But, the nerds were the ones dressing up as the characters, going to conventions, getting invested into the lore, and just getting obsessed with it. Those were the ones getting picked on for being a nerd back in the day.

It's the same with anime and other shit people complain about normies taking over. The normies stay at the surface, never wanting to invest in the hobby. That's why normies only watch shit like Dragon Ball or One Piece and not Idolshit or stuff like Lain.

Normies have, and will always be apart of "nerd" culture. But, they will never see the appeal of going past the surface level, garbage tier stuff. Just let the normies have their fun while you sperg out about it on the Internet in your secret clubhouse meetings.
>>
>>28343642
Standing applaud sir standing applaud you are correct
>>
>>28342025
The face of star wars is pretty fucking dull and meh.

When you get passed the movies its interesting enough like the mega empire that kills off the jedi and sith.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.