[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it like to live alone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (712 KB, 850x880) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
712 KB, 850x880
I'm 25 and have a job, but the thought of moving out kind of scares me. I remember at 18 I was so ready leave, but unfortunately had no way of sustaining myself at the time.

Anyone wanna share their moving out and living alone stories?
>>
Bump for interest. I am in the exact same position.
>>
>>28341937
If you are in the usa I will live with you until I have enough money to leave. I am female btw and planning on just being a camwhore even though I'm not pretty I have no other options because I'm good at literally nothing.
>>
>>28342447
CHICAGO
H
I
C
A
G
O

pls
>>
>>28341937
Depends on your personality and your social situation.

I've only had 2-3 close friends. They live far from me now so I spend a lot of time alone. It's peaceful, it's quiet. I did get lonely though so I have a dog now.

I didn't really have a relationship with my parents so even though I was in their house I still felt alone. I'm kinda used to it.
>>
>>28342447
I have NEET hobbies and interests so really all I have to offer is discussion on anime.
>>
>>28342478
Not there but been there before. I'm not going to have sex with you either sorry if that's a deal breaker I just have no desire and feel repulsed by the idea of fucking someone instead even though I'm fat with old cutting scars so you prob can't get hard to me anyway.
>>
>>28341937
Moving out is the greatest feel of all. Being able to sustain yourself is liberating until you receive your first bills...
>>
>>28342447
tell me about yourself

woootoooooooow
>>
>>28341937
It will feel weird and you might miss home the first 2-4 months

After that though you never miss it. You will be happy trust me. It will be weird at first but you will curse yourself for not doing it sooner.
>>
I moved to the other side of the world for a low-paying job. Used my savings for the plane tickets and initial rent and whatnot. The company that hired me offered a lot of support in getting the major paperwork done with, but after that, it was pretty much smooth sailing. Solitude is nice, all the payments and whatnot are automatic so I don't have to worry about paying bills on time, etc.
>>
So should I go with a studio or a 1 bedroom? The difference is like $70 in my area.
>>
>>28342662
Okay. This is also me:
>>28342486
>>28342513
I'm 27 and I've been living the NEET lifestyle for 9 years. I lived with various friends (and their families) before who supported me. I like consuming entertainment. I was diagnosed with depression when I was 17 and take SSRIs for it (yes they do help). I was a camwhore on mfc for a month but just stopped doing it because I have self esteem issues too (obviously). I like to write and draw and that's the only kind of shit that keeps me alive is inventing stories. I'm trying to move out of the usa but lack money and motivation and energy. I think I have narcolepsy. I commonly sleep over 10 hours a day.
>>
>>28342930
>I'm trying to move out of the usa
Why on earth would you wanna leave the best country?
What could possibly be better?
>>
>>28342971
Um... I have the opposite opinion of the country but even if I did agree with you there's someone in another country I want to be with.
>>
>>28341937
I've lived alone for about 6 years now. If you're prone to isolating yourself and are generally introverted, consider that fact that you are putting yourself into a such a position that you will probably only leave the house when you have to. I've lived like that the entire time I've been here.

I have my privacy and my independence, but nothing else. Life was not meant to be lived this way. We need other people in our lives.
>>
>>28342930
Oh and I was diagnosed with agoraphobia, avoidant personality disorder, and social anxiety when I was 24, but dx changes depending on the shrinks specialty and I've seen over fifteen shrinks so idk if any of the diagnoses really mean anything.
>>
>>28343061
Those were the diagnoses made right after I tried to kill myself at 24 but the ones made when I was in rehab were PTSD (and related) and borderline.
>>
>>28343181
Oh rehab for self harm and generally being a fuck up.
>>
>>28341937
If you're living with your parents just stay at home unless you have a lot of money

Free rent is easy mode to saving/investing money
>>
>>28343246
Parents collect rent from me. Although, it will double if I move out. I'm just thinking that the freedom will be worth it.
>>
>>28342911
Protip: having a bedroom is a great idea especially if the price difference is small. When financed get tight, you can get a roommate if needed to help pay the rent.

Make this on the down low, though, as some landlord don't like this
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.