[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be massively intelligent and smarter than 99% of 4chan >clearly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10
File: 1461284310580.jpg (34 KB, 198x338) Image search: [Google]
1461284310580.jpg
34 KB, 198x338
>be massively intelligent and smarter than 99% of 4chan
>clearly winning an argument
>the fucktard will NEVER admit he lost and keeps moving the goalposts like a shithead
>eventually other idiots join in to gang up on me with ad hominem like a pack of feral retards

why can't people just be humble even if they are legitimately stupid, they might learn something from people who are clearly superior to them
>>
>>28340258
I guess it's just a game.
>>
>>28340258
>claims he is more intelligent than 99% of 4chan
>feels the need to win arguments by concession
debating is done for achieving greater truth, not for winning. losing a debate makes you more intelligent than winning one almost all of the time.
>>
>>28340326
same poster, I'm interested in what the debate was about.
>>
>>28340326

I have low self esteem and it makes me feel good picking on idiots

it's 4chan, we're all heavily flawed in some way
>>
>>28340326

This.

Also probably because it makes you mad you pretentious shit.
>>
>>28340258
Arguing on the internet is like taking part in the special olympics even if you win you're still mentally deficiant.
>>
>>28340258
What was the argument about and I can probably guess why they didn't submit.

Also look at the way we frame arguments, the opponent must submit, it's not about truth it's about domination and nobody will submit to another man knowing that's what it's about.
>>
>>28340358
people who you are debating against will only concede if some kind of reason is present. judge both sides of the argument without bias through quickly adopting your opponent's arguments, and you will see who won through using logic.
>>
>>28340258
>complains that people aren't humble enough to admit to their stupidity
>brags about how much smarter he is than everyone on 4chan
>>
>>28340258
>thinking you're smart
>not understanding human motivation and behavior

AND THEN ANON WAS THE RETARDS
>>
>>28340473

the point was that you should be humble if it benefits you

sorry if reading between the lines is a bit tough for you little buddy
>>
>>28340258
I know this feeling OP.
It's one of the realest feels around.
>>
File: 210583.gif (615 KB, 141x141) Image search: [Google]
210583.gif
615 KB, 141x141
>>28340258
You're clearly massively intelligent when wasting time arguing on the fucking internet.

Fuckin' cunt.
>>
>>28340520
He is basically saying that people need to stop pretending they're smart, while beforehand bragging about how smart he is.
How can you NOT see the irony in this?
>>
Oh OP, I hope that when someone does outsmart you, you make a revision to your argument. There's no point in debating if you are not going to change your mind.
I always update my argument when I am defeated in a debate, sometimes I even pick up a new stance.
>>
>>28340572

there is no irony if he is actually smart

>>28340550

it's interesting, isn't it? people will get tested to have huge IQs but then do fuck all with their lives and basically make decisions that don't look intelligent at all

humans are a lot more complex than you realize, my Asian friend
>>
>>28340591

OP here. I am actually quite modest and always concede when I feel I am in the wrong. I didn't used to be like that, but I feel it's one of my good attributes.

Which is why it doubly pisses me off when others can't do the same.
>>
>>28340608
The irony is he's NOT smart. If you think you're really smart, chances are you aren't. But he continues to say that people should admit to their stupidity, while not admitting to his own.
>>
File: laughingirls.jpg (11 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
laughingirls.jpg
11 KB, 238x212
>he legitimately argues on the internet
>not only does he argue on the internet, he also expects that person to concede defeat when they lose
>he thinks that he's intelligent despite the fact that he doesn't understand people
>he wants people to be humble but still thinks he's the most intelligent man on the planet
Is this bait?
>>
What the fuck is this meme that if you say you are smart you arn't? Who makes up this shit? Jealous brainlets?
>>
>>28340258
>arguing with someone
>they start putting words in my mouth so that their argument seems reasonable and correct after you pointed out that they're wrong
it's annoying, you just need to stop talking to them at that point because they'll never give up

>>28340657
>he legitimately argues on the internet
>he uses a form of communication to communicate
arguing doesn't mean you're raging and smashing your keyboard
>>
>>28340710
There is no point to arguing on the internet is my point. You will never convert someone to your ideology, it's the least efficient way to gain a new understanding of your ideology and nobody will ever see your stupid argument on the internet and be enlightened by it.
Arguing on the internet is a waste of time, not only are you wasting your time but you actually expect people to admit to you that they've lost your imaginary internet battle of wits. Not only do you expect people to admit this, but you're angry when they don't?
>>
>>28340858
>annoying, you just need to stop talking to them at that point because they'll never give up
>>
>>28340258
Ye senpai m2 I just sort of feel sorry for the shitkids I beatdown so I don't really give myself to going all out often. I prefer to just non constructively shitpost.

I feel your feels tho.
>>
>>28340858
debating on the internet can be very useful if your goal is attaining greater understanding and knowledge. I used to debate on the internet as a Christian and it actually caused me to become non-religious because I was debating in an honest fashion and my side was losing most of the time.
Today I mainly debate against nihilists and people who hold similar ideas, and I usually am moderately successful in understanding existential ideas more.
>>
>>28340953
But you could have gotten that information faster and easier by reading something more intelligent than the ramblings of internet loonies. You could learn from the arguments, but again, it's the least efficient form of expanding knowledge.
>>
lel i hate this shit too
i don't like to admit it but i get legit angry when i win but they won't admit i won
>>
>>28340928
Hey I remember that line, that was in that other post. It's almost like that doesn't actually contradict my points. Wow, you realize the futility of arguing too, that's crazy. Then why did you start the argument though? Wait, why are you even agreeing with op? Why did you also justify arguing against people on the internet with
>>28340710
>>he uses a form of communication to communicate
>arguing doesn't mean you're raging and smashing your keyboard
Huh
Strange
It's almost like your fucking retarded.
>>
>>28341029
through debating you can gain knowledge from your own ideas being questioned, and that is the main strength I think. recently when I was debating with someone who was an existential nihilist, I actually gained insight on my own stances in the process
>>
I know this feel. They argue semantics and try to drag you down a pointless argument. They are called neckbeards and they don't know when they lost. They wouldn't be arguing with you in the first place if they were smart.
>>
>>28341107
Yes. In the least efficient way. Because you're still arguing with retards on the internet.
>>
File: 1457740027315.jpg (42 KB, 283x323) Image search: [Google]
1457740027315.jpg
42 KB, 283x323
>>28340258

Where's your smug sense of superiority? I suggest you cultivate that first. Also: you're missing out on some key ingredients.

I, for one, never lose an argument, because I'm not particularly interested in winning. Perhaps you should be less interested in winning?

just a thought.
>>
>>28340653
>The irony is he's NOT smart

here you say it with certainty

If you think you're really smart, chances are you aren't

here there is no certainty

You immediately contradict yourself. Your argument is also false because you can't really prove if a random person on the internet is intelligent or not.

I can tell you're not very intelligent based off this alone

That's also part of what makes me intelligent, on the contrary
>>
>>28341161
I don't have anyone to debate with irl, so the random people on 4chan will have to suffice. I think most people are in the same boat
>>
File: 1.jpg (7 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
7 KB, 252x252
>>28341074
>your
>implying i own a retarded
>>
>>28341191
>over use of commas and talks like a mouth breather

reddit detected
>>
>>28340258
Are you that guy who kept insisting doo doo isn't smelly? You're an idiot bro. God made doo doo smelly so we don't eat it.
>>
>>28340326
>implying concepts like truth have an objective value outside of sentient subjects
>implying everything is not self-interest
>>
File: 1458964399942.jpg (29 KB, 419x600) Image search: [Google]
1458964399942.jpg
29 KB, 419x600
>>28341191
>that's also part of what makes me intelligent, on the contrary
nigga what you are not egoconcious at all especially with a perverted self loving sentence like that no offense ma dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxZttbgoxeM

smoke wet errday
>>
>>28340608
> people will get tested to have huge IQs but then do fuck all with their lives and basically make decisions that don't look intelligent at all
intelligence =/= wisdom
also who is to say what an intelligent decision is?
If so many who are intelligent make "bad" decisions, and intelligent people are the ones who decide what is good and bad, who is the one at the top deciding that their actions were non-intelligent in the first place?
>>
>>28341258
sentient beings utilize objective things in order to produce more objective things. this is where the objective value is displayed.

self interest can be collective, as the individual's self interest is more inefficient.
>>
OP is a Dunning Kruger
>>
File: 1444371498640.jpg (48 KB, 600x489) Image search: [Google]
1444371498640.jpg
48 KB, 600x489
>>28340258
Being the smartest on 4chan is like having the best grade in special ed.
>>
File: 1461269583491.jpg (44 KB, 617x627) Image search: [Google]
1461269583491.jpg
44 KB, 617x627
>>28340326
>academic tier shitposting
>>
>>28341398
how is what I said wrong then?
>>
>>28340326

this is true

4chan is the only place i can argue and be wrong

everyone who comes on here is bluepilled at first before getting BTFO when they try to actually argue it

from then you learn

not that I haven't won arguments as well, but that's because I was right

There is an objective truth and right and wrong to the world. this is why liberals are objectively wrong on most economic issues and objectively right on many social issues.
>>
File: kek.jpg (69 KB, 817x552) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
69 KB, 817x552
>>28341229
>>28341263

allow me to illustrate to you the difference between us
>>
File: brain.jpg (67 KB, 817x552) Image search: [Google]
brain.jpg
67 KB, 817x552
>>28341449
and here is the real difference between us
>>
>>28340258
1/10

Also this is now a smug anime face thread
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.