[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would make you happy, robots?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: pepe-blee.jpg (85 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
pepe-blee.jpg
85 KB, 1000x1000
What would make you happy, robots?
>>
A warehouse full of every kind of drug imaginable. Paradise.
>>
my boyfriend loving me again and never going away again
>>
File: 1423401146531.png (9 KB, 446x399) Image search: [Google]
1423401146531.png
9 KB, 446x399
I can't decide. My dad asked me tonight why I'm so sad all the time and what would make me happy, but, I don't really even know. I think I'm just programmed this way.

I'm 30, live at home, have chronic back pain, wrist pain, and no energy. I think if I didn't have the pain and lack of energy I could do better.... I donno...
>>
I dont fucking know anymore anon... I had everything i felt would make me ultimately happy... But i still want to die.
Its all a lie, anon. All of it.
Exercising, vidya, hanging out with friends, getting into a relationship, getting hobbies, going out more.. It's all a fucking lie.

Nothing makes me happy anymore, it's all just a distraction.
>>
>>28338970
A boyfriend. If I had a boy that would love me I would get off my ass and be the most motivated person in the world. I would do it all for him. If it lasted more than 3 months I bet I would have dug myself out of the NEET hole I'm currently in and I'd be able to function. When you've never been loved or appreciated it's basically impossible to function.

Also weed.
>>
>>28339010
I'm so sorry. Why did he leave?
>>
>>28338970
A surgery increasing my IQ to 130.

That's impossible of course.

Also subsidized pills reducing my emotional reactiveness to autism level.

I imagine those can hardly be made either.
>>
Money isn't everything, but it's all I need.
>>
>>28339034
What do we do? I'm the same, except tfwnogf, but I've done the exercising, the therapy, hobbies, everything. And now I'm just worn out.

>>28339045
>When you've never been loved or appreciated it's basically impossible to function.
Yeah that's me. Never been loved or appreciated by anyone but my family. And for some reason family doesn't cut it. I'm sure glad I have them, but, it's not like someone else appreciating and loving you.
>>
File: 69.jpg (82 KB, 622x413) Image search: [Google]
69.jpg
82 KB, 622x413
A really hot nympho girlfriend and a job that at least pays 75k a year without working slave hours.

Also new episodes of my favorite hentai.
>>
>>28339034

Find God, my friend.
>>
I think infinite dosh would be enough
>>
One hundred million dollars.
>>
>>28339138
why 100M?
>>
>>28339130
>>28339138
Only until you realize that your enjoyment of things you buy, and the range of ideas what to buy and what to do with those things, is determined by your creativity.

I'm surrounded by fun things and I make no use of them because my IQ is too low.
>>
For those of you asking for money, I'm already wealthy and still miserable. Robots are biologically unhappy people, it's not going to change. Ever.
>>
>>28338970
A part time job (25 or fewer hours) that pays 50k, having something that fulfills me, and/or a girlfriend who has the personality of a man
>>
>>28339184

Ya but have you ever been dirt poor?
>>
Becoming a god, making and unmaking the universe in my design.

Saving that, a loving family and a stable, easy, high-paying job. Fuck the job, actually. Just give me the money.
>>
>>28339226
The wealthy always dismiss the importance of money.

The smart always dismiss the importance of intelligence.

'Oh, haha, this thing you lack? Haha, you don't need it at all, it's worthless, why bother? I have A LOT of it, A LOT, and trust me, I'd throw it away anytime! ANYTIME!'
>>
>>28339182
who cares? money means i never need to worry about pretty much anything except the economy crashing.
>>
>>28339184

Than you're not wealthy enough
>>
>>28339226
No, but my mom is. My dad is super wealthy and my mom is pretty poor. I've lived lavish as a kid and also poor.

It's certainly easier to be wealthy, don't take my comment the wrong way - but I'm not sure my dad is actually happier than my mom. In fact, it might be the opposite. It's anecdotal but if you read the Dali Llama's book Ethics for a New Millennium it goes into his experiences on the wealthy and happiness and it's pretty interesting stuff.
>>
>>28339076
>Never been loved or appreciated by anyone but my family.
Shit son. My family fucking hates me. My dad literally told me giving me any money for food or rent would be a waste because I'll amount to nothing. Yesterday I told my mom I was ready to die and she said "Ooh, that's not good," and continued working on her stupid schoolwork. I had no friends in school and the people that would give me any attention basically verbally abused me, and I would keep coming back because I had nobody else to talk to.
>>
>>28339164

I know I can never spend that much but I'll feel safe being financially secure.

>>28339184
>>28339182

I'm not sad but I'm not happy either, living on my own with the latest technology and eating junk food will make me happy.
>>
winning the powerball tonight even though i know the odds of winning is like 1 in 300M. would be nice not to go into wagecuck job tomorrow though.

net pay out is $161M boys, if i win im making a thread and giving everyone who posts in there 10K dollars each. 100K if you get trips.
>>
>>28339256
Also, >inb4--

--oh wait, too late.

I wanted to >inb4 >>28339274's embarrassing backpedalling of 'well of course wealth/intelligence/... has its uses, but it's not all it's chalked up to be', which fuckers like him only say when their initial universal dismissal is pointed out.

God I hate people like that.
>>
File: 1411961812675.jpg (175 KB, 357x575) Image search: [Google]
1411961812675.jpg
175 KB, 357x575
a regular day job
a small apartment
someone to love
>>
Nothing will
>>
>>28339182
>I'm not sad but I'm not happy either, living on my own with the latest technology and eating junk food will make me happy.
This. I dont need to be a great artist or a world renounced scientist. I just want to be comfy.
>>
File: 1423064172965.gif (499 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1423064172965.gif
499 KB, 500x281
>>28339318
I'd like to add most people hate rich people, so it is harder to find friends. Sure if you are a Chad you can meet lots of people easy, but as an introverted robot you aren't meeting anyone. It's very isolating.

Wealth has uses, and it is certainly better to be rich than poor, but I don't think it is a fix for unhappiness. Hate me all you want, everyone else does.
>>
Small apartment
cute gf thats fun to be around
nicer car

that's it really, sounds like not much but feels impossible for a guy like me.
>>
File: jfk bad.jpg (473 KB, 1536x1369) Image search: [Google]
jfk bad.jpg
473 KB, 1536x1369
>>28338970
playing vanilla wow and bc after coming home from school in the sunny spring days with my friends eating pizza
>>
>>28339394
I don't hate you for being rich you sack of shit, I hate you for your revolting psedo-coy games of waving your wealth before poor people and saying how it 'doesn't matter at al--'-- whoops, sorry, 'is not everything' (as if that made one bit of difference).

I literally, yes, literally wish that a person you love dies of cancer.
>>
nothing

i have a worldview that doesn't let me be happy

grandpa tier
>>
Dying, and having incarnation be real so I can have a sibling and not be so lonely in my life.
>>
>>28338970
I'd be happy if I knew my mom was happy.
>>
File: 1447972031516.png (1 MB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
1447972031516.png
1 MB, 1632x1224
no stress/responsibilities
>>
File: 1423065132104.png (654 KB, 704x995) Image search: [Google]
1423065132104.png
654 KB, 704x995
>>28339514
I miss walking in the dark with the snow like that. Now I live in a place where it doesn't snow and I miss those nights in college when I'd walk home late and it was really quiet. It's like the snow absorbs lots of the sounds and it gets extra quiet and all you can hear are your steps breaking the hard snow and the concessional crackle in the distance.
>>
>>28339563
>concessional
occasional* fucking original autocorrect post
>>
>>28338970
Money.
Lots of it.
>>
>>28338970
Probably money.

Love is something I will never get so my best hope for happiness is money.

>tfw highschool drop-out
>tfw never had gf
>tfw no job/money
>tfw no dreams or ambitions

What is the point of living, I've already failed my education, have no job/experience, minumum social experience, no female friends/female interaction, no bestfriend I can talk to about anything, crushed/no dreams at all.
All I got is my computer and some discord "friends" to play video games with.

Who else here has /given up/?
>>
>>28338987
Thisu
desu senpai
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.