[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone try University counselling?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1431631090615.png (75 KB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1431631090615.png
75 KB, 325x244
Alright, it's likely that a lot of us here are almost as mental as we are unattractive. So I'm guessing some of you more proactive folks have tried counselling.

Whether it was for depression, feelings of isolation, or anxiety, I'd like you to share your experiences. Anything would be great.

I'm aware that asking on here is subject to some bias, but I'm still curious.
>>
>Uni counselling
>Bitching about your non-issues to somebody who literally doesn't give a single fuck about you, even less so than real therapists because you actually pay those
>>
I honestly feel that I am moderately unstable, and I am chronically self-conscious and anxious but I absolutely refuse to go talk to some normie roastie about it while she pretends to give a shit
>>
uni counselors are even worse than therapists
they're paid to sit around and deal with overachieving normie girl's "anxiety" problems
>"oh no, I only got an A- of that test, my life is over!!!!!"
>"I'm so worried about finals even though I have a 3.9!!!!!"
any other problems they will sit and stare at you because they have no clue or training about how to deal with it

I tried it once, and it did nothing
>>
>>28338689
>go to get help and advice
>get put on some list of crazies
>rights taken away

No thanks
>>
>talk about my feelings for 45 minutes
>woman tells me that she is leaving after this session and that she can refer me
>okay.avi
>>
>>28338706
>>28338746
I think whether the counsellor actually cares about you is irrelevant. Isn't it all about the process she puts you through, and ultimately dampening what stresses you?

Though I do agree that the counsellor themselves could make or break it. For example, if it were a new 20-something grad student, I'd seriously feel like it'd be impossible to bring up "tfw no gf".
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.