[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm really scared about getting a job. Can someone say something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11
File: 1456286745205.jpg (33 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
1456286745205.jpg
33 KB, 480x368
I'm really scared about getting a job.
Can someone say something to make me feel better?
>>
most entry jobs are shit.
what you have to lose, anon? you can quit
>>
>>28338553
it won't kill you, what do you have to fear
>>
It's the only the beginning of the end of your meaningful existence.
>>
>>28338553
What's to be scared of?
>>
Having your own money will give you a sense of independence and freedom. It makes you feel much more confident, as does being productive on a daily basis. You'll start to form regular routines that will help give your life structure, which in turn gives you a sense of security. Overall, having a job can go a long way to getting you to a better place in your life and give you a sense of pride.
>>
File: 1459935505617.gif (229 KB, 500x579) Image search: [Google]
1459935505617.gif
229 KB, 500x579
>>28338596
>>28338606
I'm worried about having to wake up early every morning and having no free time.
Also all the social interaction.
It's going to be a radically different lifestyle from the one I live now.
>>
File: aesthetic.png (580 KB, 958x668) Image search: [Google]
aesthetic.png
580 KB, 958x668
My job is really comfy like a sitcom, we have decent banter and everyone there is friendly. I work in a shop on nights. I prefer working part time to being a NEET. Full wagecuckdom would slay me though.
>>
File: neet squidward.webm (378 KB, 512x368) Image search: [Google]
neet squidward.webm
378 KB, 512x368
no, but here's an amusing squidward which relates to your predicament
>>
>>28338553

If you don't want to build something, help ppl who want to
>>
>>28338662
you browse all day 4chan, fap and vidya?
yeah NEET 4 EVER is the godlifestyle.
haha
>>
>>28338672
I think I would really like to work part time in a cosy job like that but there is barely anything in my country.
>>
>>28338693
he didn't even say anything implying that neet life was good
>>
>>28338662
What do you do in your free time now?
>>
>>28338691
I'm too selfish to think like that.
>>
File: 1460588240479.gif (60 KB, 384x269) Image search: [Google]
1460588240479.gif
60 KB, 384x269
>>28338553
no. Sorry anon, having a job is terrible. I spend most of my time anxiously wishing I was home in bed. And my job is pretty OK really, but going to the office every day kills me.
>>
>>28338662
Once you adjust your sleep schedule some, waking up earlier will become second nature. Wake up earlier than what it takes for you to just get ready. Allow yourself time to fully wake up before heading out. That takes out the pain of going straight from your bed to your work.
The social aspect aren't nearly as bad as you'd think. The most you're likely to encounter is small talk and short interactions. If you were able to make it through the interview, you'll be able to make it through your shifts.
>>
>>28338553
If you don't you're gonna be homeless and starve to death. Or be mugged by another homeless guy for your rags.
>>
>>28338743
Play video games and watch anime.
I enjoy it.
>>
>>28338780
I could just move back in with my mum and her boyfriend. He is also a NEET but he has an inheritance.
>>
File: 1458101251911.jpg (77 KB, 1323x794) Image search: [Google]
1458101251911.jpg
77 KB, 1323x794
Your only scared because of the social hierarchy you think is in a workplace.
There isn't any op. Quit being a pussy.

Besides the fact money is great to get.
>>
>>28338803
That's great, but how much of your free time do you really spend doing those things and not just fucking around on 4chan?
>>
>>28338553
no senpai. your life is over
>>
this job has made me 10x more bitter. when i was a NEET, i was super productive. developed software, learned tons of shit. never a dull moment.

now i just eat and go to sleep after work. not enough time to do anything. i also hate my job. pays only $8 and its full of niggers. it's hell.

I wish i could quit, but i still need to find another job first. nobody has called me back. been a year now

this shit fucking sucks
>>
>>28338917
>i was super productive. developed software

The fuck are you doing at a job that pays you minimum wage, then?
>>
Is there any robots with a trade?

I've been going to school for welding, but i'm not sure how successful i will be. hvac or plumming looks more promising as a career
>>
>>28338952
I'm doing my electrician apprenticeship, but I haven't gone to a trade school. Just working under a Master until I get the required amount of hours for my Journeyman license. I like working a trade, pays better and feels better than retail. Passes the time, too.
>>
>>28338947
no degree. can't pay for college because i have a 20k loan that needs to be paid off.( i dropped out of college my 3rd year)
>>
>>28338662
boo fucking hoo you already waste your free time here anyway

go home pussy
>>
>>28338947
It wasn't very functional/practical software apparently.
>>
>>28338553
You get used to the routine of it pretty quick and next thing you know it's 2 years later.
>>
>>28339014
You couldn't do anything with that software you developed?
>>
>>28339013
How did you find a apprentinceship? I was thinking about getting one for welding, but i have idea where to start or look
>>
File: dsp.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
dsp.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>28339038
This.
Then if the job sucks you self-medicate and want to die, and your father gets drunk with you all that time as he wants to retire. And the best you ever feel is numb.
After that you try to get back into education so you don't have a worthless life.
Not projecting at all.
>>
>>28339042
Craigslist, bro. I guess it just depends on where you're at, but jobs grow on trees here. Saw the posting on there, emailed my resume, boss man called me, met him at an apartment complex he was working at, did a little interview, got the apprenticeship.
>>
>>28339031
It worked 100% the way I intended it to work. C# is my main area, but im starting to enjoy python more.
>>
>>28339124
So you just sat on it or what?
>>
>>28338553

It's not so bad. Try not to think about it so much, and just do it. I work in a grocery store, dealing with people everyday...it's shit, but it isn't too shit, you know? Your social skills will develop exponentially, and you won't be afraid of people after a while. Maybe it'll make you want to do something else, too.

Just don't stay there, especially if it's minimum wage or slightly higher.
>>
>>28338887
Right, so, something tells me you're exactly like how I was and enjoy watching anime and playing vidya, but spend most of your time in this cesspit and fapping to the degenerate shit that's posted here. Granted, I still come here, but that's only because you can never leave. Having a job will teach you how to manage your time better, once you get home after your shift, vidya and anime will become all the more appealing and you will (hopefully) spend your free time actually doing these things.
>>
>>28338553
>complaining about 1st world problems as a white male

KEK ENJOY YOUR RIDICULE
>>
File: 1460095094491.jpg (131 KB, 850x1000) Image search: [Google]
1460095094491.jpg
131 KB, 850x1000
>>28338553
I remember when I started my first job, I was scared shitless of making mistakes.

Soon you realize after a while you either get really bored or hate your job. Eventually social interaction becomes almost second nature and automatic depending on what you do.

I work retail and can pretty much talk to anyone after a while. Eventually, everyone just becomes a blur. Also, my superiors are complete dicks relying on underhanded tactics to save money, like failing us all on yearly reviews for dumb shit so they don't have to give us the yearly obligated inflation raises and moving people to night shifts for less hours and pretty much leaving the store completely unattended in the morning resulting in a lot more theft.

Only reason I'm staying is just to fuck with them because they're pressing me to leave and sabotaging my shit but I know how to fix it quick and move on and not let it bug me. They couldn't be more pissed. Only option now is to literally physically assault me.
>>
>>28338662
To be honest, once you get into the swing of things, it's not bad. When all you have is the job and no school, you'll find that you still have plenty of time to yourself. You'll appreciate your days off more, and the days wont just blend into one another like they do when you just browse 4chan and fap all day.
>>
>>28338553
You'll probably survive, although whether it'd be worth surviving is debatable.
>>
File: FDOIhNm.jpg (172 KB, 850x455) Image search: [Google]
FDOIhNm.jpg
172 KB, 850x455
>>28338553
Eventually you and everyone who ever even had a memory of you will be dead and your internal struggle with this issue will have been so less than meaningless that it is questionable whether it ever existed in the first place.

Enjoy.
>>
>>28338553
I worked a minimum wage job for years at an auto parts store and loved it. I also learned a lot and got into a hobby I could make money off of. Occasionally you have to deal with asshats but usually its kind of enjoyable. Working takes my mind off of things and is pretty relaxing, so long as it's not fast food.
>>
File: 1440608470427.gif (2 MB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
1440608470427.gif
2 MB, 540x300
Go work at Walmart or Costco or something.

Mom and pop stores are better to work at - If you're a normie. It's kind of like Cheers where everybody knows you're name, except they are anguished that you dragged your robot ass to work.

At Walmart, 1/5 of the people hate each other, 1/5 don't know each other, and the rest are normies that keep to their own damn aisles. It's great; At least night shift is. At mine, we were able to work our aisles alone with minimal night traffic while listening to anime OPs on my ipod. I wasn't the strangest person there either. Somehow, nobody was. There were 2 autistic cart pushers who both wore Naruto headbands, there's a number of possible stroke sufferers slurring speech at the door, grocery's full of middle-aged paranoid loners working their aisles in isolation, the roastie cashiers have mostly been replaced by self checkouts, and the wannabe gangsters are quarantined in the dock.
>>
>>28340586
Working overnight stocker at Walmart was great. Pretty much no costumers to interact with, usually you worked alone, and expectations of how much stuff you moved each night was pretty reasonable. Plus it paid a lot more than my fast paced high stress fast food job at Wendy's.
>>
>>28341058
Yeah, fast food is shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhZPaVROJtM
>>
File: 1401487408252.png (535 KB, 485x638) Image search: [Google]
1401487408252.png
535 KB, 485x638
>>28341136
>Are you fa real?
>No I'm fake
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.