[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chess
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 250px-ChessSet[1].jpg (16 KB, 250x232) Image search: [Google]
250px-ChessSet[1].jpg
16 KB, 250x232
Anyone here chess?

It's a pretty good robo hobby. I've been thinking about starting a skype group for any r9kers interested in playing/helping each other improve.
>>
If you're interested drop your skype here and I'll invite. ELO or experience is not relevant. Even if you don't know how to play but would like to learn you'd be welcome.
>>
File: 1460757166925.jpg (36 KB, 434x609) Image search: [Google]
1460757166925.jpg
36 KB, 434x609
I don't know how to play chess, does it take long to pick up? It seems comfy
>>
>>28337233

Not too long once you get the basics down. With someone to kind of spar with you can pick up the basics very quickly.
>>
Chess is retarded online, chock full of cheaters. I don't play regularly anymore because I'm sick of it. Even so, I can still easily get over 2000 every time I make a new account.
>>
>>28337256
Posted too soon. To finish the thought. I'll play casual games anonymously sometimes still and get utterly destroyed, ask myself if I got worse, try playing against the 1900 and 2200 stockfish, do just fine, realize it's a bunch of fucking cheaters I'm running into.
>>
>>28337295

True but this would be an inclusive group and it's pretty easy to detect faggots using stockfish.
>>
>>28337295
yeah it's bullshit. I have an account on chess.com and run into nothing but people using chess analyzers.

I just play against the computer and play the tactics/lessons.
>>
>>28337233
It's pretty easy - types of pieces can only move in one pattern each and the game is more about tactics and thinking than memorizing rules. It's not my thing but it's definitely easy to pick up.
>>
>>28337340

You can use lichess and play random games without any effect on ELO, you'll encounter less cheaters.
>>
skype:?chat&blob=E-LjsWMh_ENJdq51QBBBn6rhHAVFvWxrUDImkhOtyozlsIgGN95VMIpo3g

For anyone interested.
>>
>played chess for years
>think I'm ok
>go into chess thread wanting a match
>get my ass whooped
>oh btw I'm a girl
>leave embarrassed and annoyed
>not played since
I guess I'd like to join to get back into playing
>>
>>28337511

Go for it, everyone get's whopped every know and then regardless of ELO.
>>
>>28337540

https://join.skype.com/uGPd6yFsusMk
>>
All of you Robros are faggots, chess is a game for people who are autistic, play "Go" thats a real mans game its time for you faggots to stop playing candy land
>>
>>28337745
typical weeb response.
>>
>>28337511
Why fuck do you feel the need to tell everyone "oh btw I'm a girl" fuck off with you and attention whoring
>>
>>28337780
I'm guessing its way to hard for you eh? Have fun cheating on chess and beating other autistic faggots
>>
>>28337782
You misunderstand.

My opponent stated she was female to throw fuel on the fire. I'm male. Should be kind of obvious...
>>
>>28337808

Implying go isn't just as easily cheated at. May as well play dominos
>>
>>28337839
Why do you need to tripfag?
>>
>>28337839

Join my skelly friend. We have r9k friends in common I think.
>>
>>28337336
It can be obvious when your opponent is cheating but the sites don't do anything about it. They'll only ban the 100% obvious cheaters, that is to say, the ones who don't hide it and copy every single engine move. All the other cheaters get a free pass.

>>28337378
There are a ton of cheaters on random too. Random might be make them more bold. Like I said, I'm over 2000 at the most conservative and I get crushed in random games all the time. There aren't enough sandbagging GMs lurking in the shadows to account for being crushed that often. Plus, I play fast time controls for casual, I doubt even GMs can play as accurately with so little time as many of my losses. It's cheaters and lots of them.
>>
>>28338349

So what? If you get beat by a cheater online it's just a waste of time. It effects nothing. Ignore the faggots and enjoy your legit games.
>>
standard-correspondence

I can wait all day
http://lichess.org/M6Jr1drT
>>
http://lichess.org/K8sdqpoB
>>
I stalemated this kid when I was 8. He went on to be a state chess champion. Meanwhile I got dumb as shit and I suck now.

I tried to get back into it but it's infuriating how bad I am. I just have no idea what to do with pawns during the mid-game.
>>
>>28338830

Everyone goes through ups and downs pretty much. Sometimes I beat people with ELOs 500 points greater than me. Other times I lose to people with 500 point lower ELOs.

True consistency only comes when you're really really good
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.