[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MY CALC I FINAL IS IN 2 HOURS AND I FUCKING DON'T KNOW SHIT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10
File: 868754765594378.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
868754765594378.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
MY CALC I FINAL IS IN 2 HOURS AND I FUCKING DON'T KNOW SHIT

FUCK ME
>>
>>28334151
Call ya school and make a bomb threat they cancle class and buy you more time
>>
how can you not do basic calculus lmaofamily
>>
>>28334151
Why are you so dumb? Calculus is not that hard. If Newton could come up with it in his 20s, you should be able to at least learn a subset of it with no problem.
>>
u can do it lad
>>
>>28334151
Post that boipussy and I just might fuck you up the ass, jerk your dick in my mouth and make you cum like a little faggot
>>
>>28334151

Just use your phone to numerically approximate your answers with google or something.
>>
>>28334151
This is why you should have been a NEET
>>
>>28334151
You're screwed try again next semester
>>
I find calc ll to be easier than calc l, dont really know why

>tfw final is in a week

Not even worried family
>>
>>28334210
Bro thats pretty fucking gay, but if you are giving out blow jobs I'll take one, no homo though
>>
You're screwed give up forever
>>
File: 678696554432.jpg (57 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
678696554432.jpg
57 KB, 848x480
>reviewing my half-assed notes

WHAT THE FUCK IS INTEGRATION BY SUBSTITUTION, WHAT THE FUCK IS THE FUNDAMENTAL THEOREM OF CALCULUS WHAT THE FUCK

WAKE ME UP
>>
>>28334256
>I find calc ll to be easier than calc l, dont really know why
can someone please explain what the fuck these numbers mean

what does calc 1 entail? what is calc 2? there is a calc 3 and 4?
>>
File: 1462298431742.jpg (156 KB, 750x1118) Image search: [Google]
1462298431742.jpg
156 KB, 750x1118
You've got 2 options, bitchnigger.

You're probably not gonna learn calculus in less than 2 hours.

>option 1
Pretend you've had a family emergency. This may or may not work. It's risky and it makes you look like a fucking asshole either way, but I've seen it work.

>option 2
Cheat. Cheat your stupid faggot ass off. Dump some equations into your calculator pronto. Write equations on your fucking penis or whatever, or the inside of a water bottle. Copy off of Stacy or Chad; break into your fucking professor's office quickly and get the answers and hide them on your person.

You'll probably fail and get expelled, but you were gonna fuck up anyway, loser. Go all the way, nigga.
>>
>>28334291
just give up and do something else
>>
Does it really matter whether you fail or pass
>>
>>28334151
i wud if ur a qt
>>
>>28334301
Calc 1 = differential calculus
Limits, derivatives, u substitution, exponential growth and volumes by revolution

Calc 2 = integral calculus

Integration by parts, series, taylor series, writing functions like series, all of that good shit

Calc 3 = multivariable calculus
>>
>>28334291

I feel you senpai. I'm literally so stupid I can't do algebra. It's why I got a bullshit degree in something retarded. I honestly suggest dropping out if you can't pass this calc 1 course; you're just fucked if you can't handle this stuff this early in your career, and most degrees are useless bullshit as it is.

Time to know thyself and just get the fuck out before you make it out worse than before. Consider this the sign that college isn't for you.
>>
>>28334291
how can you be so useless that you can't even understand the fundamental theorem of calculus
>>
>>28334398
can i suck your dick please you're so smart
>>
>>28334151
kill yourself [#1533]
>>
>>28334210
>>>/b/
degenerate shitposter
>>
Guess you should have started studying sooner.

But something tells me this is a mistake you've made before. And will make again. So why even bother.
>>
>>28334291
I'm a NEET with an IQ of 100 or so, and I self studied Calc I/II, and passed these exams with 80%.

http://www.math.purdue.edu/php-scripts/courses/oldexams/serve_file.php?file=16100FE-F2003.pdf

http://www.math.purdue.edu/php-scripts/courses/oldexams/serve_file.php?file=16200FE-F2002.pdf
>>
File: 1462298364099.jpg (478 KB, 596x844) Image search: [Google]
1462298364099.jpg
478 KB, 596x844
>>28334398
>>28334424

>tfw so stupid that I've read about calculus literally dozens of times and still can't figure out how to solve ANY of those problems whatsoever

My inability to do anything with math is my greatest shame. Makes me wanna kill myself.
>>
>>28334291
Integration be substitution is easy enough anon. Pretend that the variable u is some function of x, then differentiate both sides to find du in terms of dx. Substitute both the variable u and the du = ...dx expression. Integrate wrt u. Here's an example:

>integrate tan x dx.

>= sin x/cos x dx

>Let u = cos x
>du/dx = -sin x (differentiating)
therefore
>du = -sin x dx
Put a minus in front of the integral so it becomes
>- int(-sin x/cos x)dx
Using the u substitution:
>-int(1/u)du (because -sin x dx = du)
>-ln(u)+c
>-ln(cos x) +c (substituting u in terms of x)
>>
FAST ANON
BREAK YOU LEG OR INVENT SOME SHIT!
>>
>criminal law exam in uni next week
>haven't attended 95% of lectures or tutorials this year due to severe depression and social anxiety
>started revision just now

yeah I'm gonna fail my final year in uni, probably killing myself next, rip.
>>
>>28334151
go in anyway.
look at the kind of questions they ask so that you have an idea what to learn if you retake the exam.
>>
>>28334291
Fundamental theorem of calculus is awesome dude. Look at this
[assume the integral sign is here]f(x)dx = F(b) - F(a)
The limits of integration are a and b, where a is the lower limit and b is the upper limit. Basically what this is saying is that the integral of the function f taken from a to b is equal to the antiderivative of "f" taken at "b" minus the antiderivative of "f" taken at "a".
The fundamental theorem of calculus is a beautiful thing really, and the proof behind it uses a lot of other concepts you should've learned in Calc, like the Mean Value Theorem and the definition of the integral using Riemann Sums. What a perfect little equation it is.
Do remember that it only applies when the function is continuous on the interval and that the function does have an antiderivative. If neither condition is met the FToC cannot be used.
>>
Lmao I took my calc final 6 hours ago and might've Aced it

And I failed algebra 3 times, in a row
>>
idktf

>tfw not retarded and took graduate level math courses my freshman year
>>
>>28334151
Just learn the differential formula and do everything from there.
>>
>he cant even do double integrals in his head
/redflag/ tbqh fampaichi
>>
>phd student, math
>literally just gave a calc 3 final today

I think my students did okay.
>>
File: 7509580355600.jpg (19 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
7509580355600.jpg
19 KB, 640x480
>>28335099
WHAT DOES DIFFERENTIAL EVEN MEAN
>>
File: heterochromatic ohayo.gif (45 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
heterochromatic ohayo.gif
45 KB, 500x330
>>28335131
I didn't even go to college pham, it's easy.

y = cx^b
y' = cbx^(b-1)

And everything from then on is just solving with that.

Good luck! Here's an anime for you! You can do it!
>>
>>28335131
search for what you need here https://www.youtube.com/user/patrickJMT/videos
>>
The only thing I value is intelligence, and I know that I'm actually very stupid. This makes me want to die. I always forget how to do anything shortly after learning it when it comes to math. I can remember how to solve an equation for maybe a day or two before having to relearn it, and I can't tell you what my answer actually means anyway. I've done this dozens of times and over a number of years.

Can't even tell you boys how much I hate this.

>tfw can't even do calculus

Is way worse than

>tfw no gf

I graduated college with a shit degree in something stupid and just barely passed the baby-tier math (stats 1 and college algebra) I had to do for that. I finished 3 years ago and I can't get over that I'm stupid; I have nothing; I have a shit body, shit mind, shit soul.

OP, do you hate yourself as well for this? It is my greatest shame.
>>
>>28335267
are you a pretty boy?
>>
File: 1425412333065.jpg (125 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1425412333065.jpg
125 KB, 720x960
>>28335303

If I was a pretty boy, would describe my body as "shit", anon?

I'm a short, fat, hairy little loser.
>>
File: 1461896337321.jpg (21 KB, 201x187) Image search: [Google]
1461896337321.jpg
21 KB, 201x187
Got AP Calculus tomorrow, I should be reviewing but instead I'm just shit posting on 4chan. And the college I'm going to requires a 4/5 to pass, not the usual 3/5 most state schools have.

Also, I am 18 so no need to exclaim underage b8.
>>
I'm just gonna watch this semen demon's videos until the final starts...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6I6RlyL_jA
>>
>>28334424
wtf do you just have no ability to follow basic instructions or rote-learn things. you don't even need to understand shit to do basic calculus, most don't.
>>
The way I do any math course is by going through all the suggested exercises after reading their chapter, then taking note of any of the questions I tried to do but couldn't and asking the prof during office hours how to do said questions

Worked for me every time. I always ace any math course even though I struggle a ton with it. Any course that deals with memorizing shit on the other hand I can't do to save my life
>>
>>28335267
Yes, I feel ashamed of myself
>>28334789
why would you not go in anyway? I heard someone on here say that they didn't take the final because they thought they were gonna fail, and it just seems like such a stupid thing to do. Even getting a 30% would be better than a 0%
>>
>>28334176
wrong you are lad
theyll just call in extra security and the police and your school will become an authoritarian prison simulator for two or three days afterwards
>bomb threat and shooting threat called in on my campus around the columbine anniversary
>scared cucks skipping classes
>spent the 19th through the 21st that something would happen so i would finally receive my release
>>
>>28335548
but it's so boring yawn-desu
>>
>>28334207
thank you famanon
>>
>failing babbie's first maths

im sure you already know how to differentiate and integrate. it's really all you need. dont fuck up
>>
>>28334210
Well I'm in the examination room, posting from my phone, and I'm already preparing my boipussy for the rape I'm about to receive.
>>
integration by parts formula: uv - (integral of vdu). if you don't know that at least makes sure you know this: integral of x^n = (1/n+1)*[x^(n+1)]

last but not least. integral from [a,b] in other words a integral sign b is another way of saying take the integral. then sub in the value of a. then sub in the value of b. then subtract second number from the first. F(a) - F(b). if you know only this, you can get pity marks
>>
File: 1462235376742.jpg (9 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1462235376742.jpg
9 KB, 250x238
>>28334591
>>28334942
I dropped out of Calculus because I couldn't understand shit
>>
>>28334151
>bitching about calc
step it up fampai. right now i'm bitching cus the jews won't let me suck their dicks for money
>>
>>28335131
In the simplest, most dumbed down way possible: a change in a varibale with respect to the change in another variable.

Hints why your professor probably talks about the derivative being the slope of a curve. Remeber pre-algebra where you learned slope was rise over run so you did y2-y1/x2-x1? Well that's the change in y with respect to the change in x.
>>
>>28335122
>phd student, math
I hate you smug assholes. You've got no business teaching.
>>
>>28335131
Rate of change.

I just saved your college career. You're welcome
>>
>>28335131
Differential refers to operations with differences aka subtraction, many subjects on calculus uses derivation wich is a special limit in wich you make a diference between 2 points in a function thats an easy way to explain it
>>
Tbh if you don't know the basics of calculus and the test in in < 2 hours you're not going to learn it.

You might as well just skip it. It's best to just stop worrying about it.

You've had the entire semester to prepare for it. Wtf were you doing instead
>>
>>28334202
Idiot, calculus is easy when you actually have time to learn it. You can't learn calculus in 2 horus and then solving the test.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.