[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/deranged/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 16
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 598x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 598x600
Everyone on here acts as though there is something clinically wrong with them. But for how many of you is there actually?

Have any of you been diagnosed with a real mental disorder? How has it effected your life?
>>
im a twisted fucking psychopath my man
>>
File: 1438472826436.png (364 KB, 800x850) Image search: [Google]
1438472826436.png
364 KB, 800x850
Fucked it up. In fact, you're all part of the system.
>>
If you actually go to get diagnosed, you aren't paranoid enough
>>
>>28333265
the majority of people on 4chan can probably be diagnosed with something, ive seen 4 different therapists and been diagnosed with a few different things

>clinical depression
>aspergers
>anxiety
>ocd
>ptsd

iono how to answer how it has affected my life, i have no friends, cant talk to people, have no gf, dont have a drivers license and still live at my parents house, i have a nice comfy job working graveyard shift but thats it, everytime i try to get better something fucks up and i go way down, life is unbearable
>>
>>28333382
>tfw parents are bullying me to drive
>tfw mummy and big bro drive me everywhere
>tfw 22 and not a friend in the world

What's your job? My anxiety is too bad to even try to apply.
>>
>>28333325
yes
you are knowing
>>
>>28333419
i ride my bike everywhere and i had to get a job to pay my parents rent or else they would have kicked me out, i work at a grocery store stocking shelves in the middle of the night, when i applied and interviewed and shit it was extremely surreal i dont even know how i managed doing it looking back
>>
>>28333534
Are you American or do you live in a country that offers neetbux?
>>
File: 1431830707750.jpg (85 KB, 600x734) Image search: [Google]
1431830707750.jpg
85 KB, 600x734
>>28333265
I've been formally diagnosed with bipolar type 1, OCD, sexual sadism and necrophilia by half a dozen doctors (psychiatrists, forensic psychiatrists, psychologists).

It's taken over my life since I was four, four fucking years old. Intrusive thoughts about killing people and fucking their body. Swinging from mania to depression every week or couple of weeks. Centering my life around how I could hurt other people and/or be closer to the dead.

It's absolute fucking hell. I've been in therapy for over half a decade trying to make things better for myself but it's so fucking hard. I hate normies who will never have to deal with these problems. I hate anyone who trivializes mental illness and acts like it doesn't ruin lives. Fuck everything.
>>
>>28334069
>that pic
She died right after that was taken right?
>>
Yes, I've been diagnosed with clinical depression. I'm certain there are other things wrong with me too.

Not that it's that hard to figure out. I knew I had depression before the diagnosis; doctors are no better than you are at reading a fucking chart of symptoms. It's like putting the square block in the square hole.
>>
File: 1435362299293.jpg (99 KB, 635x422) Image search: [Google]
1435362299293.jpg
99 KB, 635x422
>>28334127
That's right.

this probably won't be original blox
>>
Depression, health anxiety, and aspergers, verified by several psychologists and mental health therapists. Even got a brain MRI to see if their where structural abnormalities. I can only work menial low paying jobs without stressing to unbelievable fuck. Relationships are literally impossible. I enjoy solitude.
>>
File: 1418206407416.png (190 KB, 475x356) Image search: [Google]
1418206407416.png
190 KB, 475x356
Variety of things during the past 10 years. From depression to anxiety and to the latest medical meme, bi-polar which I believe to be bullshit. I find borderline to be far more believable, but who gives a shit. Im forced to see a doc from time to time and I dont really find the labels to be of any help to anyone. I used to try all kinds of meds, but since since they started giving me stuff for bi-polar shit, I only told them that I was taking them, but in reality, Im amassing a huge hoard of various pills. Im not sure what I will do with them yet, but Im sure I'll come up with something funky in the future.

I have a very unstable yet crippling depression that I fight with memes and irony to great effect. The meme isnt all bullshit, theres some truth to it.
>>
>>28333265
I went to see a psychiatrist for one thing and came out with 3 diagnoses.

>hallucinogen persisting perception disorder
>panic disorder
>schizoaffective disorder (depressed, paranoid, hallucinations)

I went to see a psychiatrist because of the constant unprovoked panic attacks I was having. The other symptoms started to come later so my diagnoses came about over time.
>>
>>28333419
Hahahahahaahhahh fucking kill yourself
>>
>>28334596
r-rude
>>28334372
What makes you so certain that you're borderline and not bipolar?
>>
Hit my head really bad when i was 2.Got to doctor when i was 14 for a basic check up.She realized something strange form my brain x-ray.Looks like my right frontal lobe isn't working.I was like it's okay though right?Seems like that part is for socializing empathy and stuff that involves emotions generally.Now i can't feel sad nor happy for myself even though from a social point of view i'm a bi failure.I'm the definition of NUMB.What do you think?It's a blessing or a curse that i can't feel?
>>
>>28333265
I've been having hallucinations (visual mainly) recently and am currently waiting on a psychiatrist appointment. Been diagnosed with depression in the past, wondering what's wrong with me currently.
>>
>>28333265
>nympho
>depression
>bipolar
robots will never understand
>>
Diagnosed:
>depression
>adhd

Inferred:
>family history of schizo
>hppd

You can make yourself better sometimes. Epigenetics is cool
>>
I didn't even go to any doctor to get diagnosed with anything.
I wouldn't even trust any one of them, because they would probably just want to make money off of me and I'm too scared to go to them.
Also, I'm against taking drugs, so I wouldn't even want to take any meds.
just kill me already
>>
>>28334069
ever done ecstacy? Id be curious about the effects
>>
>>28335418
I've avoided psychoactive drugs like the fucking plague because of the psychosis that mania in bipolar episodes brings on. I don't want to make it worse, or trigger schizophrenia, or something equally terrible. The only recreational drugs I've done are benzos and weed. Benzos chill me out like nothing else and take the sting out of manic episodes better than anything else. Weed makes me EXTREMELY paranoid, agitated and delusional in any significant amount. Very shitty.
>>
>>28334752
Can you go into more detail on what it's like to not feel anything? I'd be really curious to know if you don't mind writing about it. Have you ever tried doing drugs and if so do you get anything out of it? I feel like your brain getting flooded with serotonin and dopamin must feel good even without a functional frontal lobe.
>>
>>28333265
>trusting psychiatrists or psychoanalysts
That's right anon, listen to your doctor and make sure you buy the magic pills that the pharmaceutical companies tell your doctors that you need.

Mental disorders are a myth, it's called the human condition. One aspect of said condition is greed and you're feeding the system with this submissive train of thought. You're only enabling their behavior through doing this.

Live your life apart from their money grubbing schemes.
>>
>>28336071
This post fucking reeks of fedora, kill yourself underageb&
>>
>90% certain i have depression and/or an attention deficit disorder
>can't tell this to the doctor because a family member has to recommend you get diagnosed

Life is cruel.
>>
>>28336071
>have observable, extreme changes in mood that results in catastrophically destructive behavior
>have observable deficits in my blood of certain chemicals
>take those chemicals in pill form, supervised by a licensed professional who's studied how to administer these chemicals in the appropriate amounts
>extreme mood swings become nonexistent, abnormal behavior ceases, life is literally saved
I know you're just trolling but for fuck's sake.
>>
>>28336124
>>28336131
>Woe is me, please doctor take my money and make my troubles go away
You're both weak.
>>
>>28336163
>taking medication for an illness
>weakness
I'm refusing to take the bait, 2/10.
>>
>>28336163
Not who you're replying to, but you seriously haven't got a fucking clue have you?
>>
>>28336198
>>28336203
That's right schlomo, keep on shilling for the pills. Silly anon must be mentally deficient to say such things, maybe he would benefit from a weekly paid subscription to these placebo treatments.
>>
>>28335519
Ecstasy would be shit imo and yeah LSD and shrooms would definitely excaberate your psychosis and mania but it might give you some insight on it and bring about new perspectives. It would be hell if you ended up bad tripping though I'd rather you work through it without drugs I suggest meditation and excersizing.
>>
I was diagnosed major depression with psychotic features.

> depression is a meme

Tell that to my neetbux, inability to take care of myself and half hourly wishes for death.
>>
>>28336286
>if you end up bad tripping
That's the beauty of LSD my friend, it's not if you bad trip...it's when.

The only thing to fear is your own mind.
>>
>>28336322
On LSD i felt a lot more under control than when I did shrooms. That felt like the bad trip was coming and there was nothing I could do about it LSD was a carnival ride compared to psilocybin
>>
>>28336286
>>28336322
>The only thing to fear is your own mind.
Oh, boy. Do I fear it. No fucking thanks. A bad trip is probably my worst goddamn nightmare.

I'm on the proper medication, have been for two years, and undergoing some very intense therapy. With all the hard work I'm putting in, and any luck, it will all pay off. I hope... wish me luck bros
>>
>>28336281
"Blahblahblah I regurgitate whatever quasipopular/unpopular opinion comes to mind via the internet because I'm too much of a banal fuck to know better or educate myself while I'm at it."

Eat shit you fedora-wearing retard.
>>
File: 1532866849.jpg (72 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1532866849.jpg
72 KB, 800x533
Literally HFA.
Medicated for depression and anxiety too but it doesn't take much to get that.
Kind of feel like pickling my brain on whatever recreational drug I can get but no friends so w/e.
>>
File: 1422491339692.jpg (225 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
1422491339692.jpg
225 KB, 520x390
>>28336427
>He's saying something that doesn't fit with my brainwashed mindset
>better call him a fedora
>>
>>28335328
This is exactly about me. Everything.
>>
>>28333265
This year I was diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (primarily obsessive), Schizotypal Personality Disorder, Social-Anxiety Disorder, and Persistent Depressive Disorder. The latter two are probably caused by the first two.

>have intrusive, unwanted thoughts, usually of hurting others which leads me to avoid those others
>have paranoid delusions that are utterly irrational (e.g. a number is stalking me, Pope Francis was elected to bring atheists into the Church in a desperate bid to save their souls before the events of Revelations begin)
>Extreme difficulty reading body language and intentions of others, especially women
>Obsess over the possible consequences of any action, no matter how minor, that might occur in the future
>Have periods of about four or five days where I will become intensely interested in something and will usually begin collecting information and pictures of said thing, before losing most of that intensity and becoming largely ambiguous toward said topic
>>
>>28336733
Jesus christ I can relate so well to every single one of those things. Is there anything you do to help you cope that actually works?
>>
>>28336733
I-It's possible to have this many things wrong with you?
>>
File: 1422842617453.jpg (1007 KB, 1920x3520) Image search: [Google]
1422842617453.jpg
1007 KB, 1920x3520
>>28337025
Keeping social interactions incredibly structured helps as far as anxiety goes. If I am in a position where I am expected to do something, there is nothing to be nervous about as long as I stay to that situation. Another thing that helps with that is being in a position where I already have a reputation that is somewhat respectable; in my High School, I was well known as that guy who knew virtually everything about history who was really smart. No one really bothered me with banter because I could make jokes that would embarrass them simply because they wouldn't know enough for them to even get the joke (normalshits feel inadequate if you know something they don't, and you won't explain it to them).

As for the other things, the best way I have found to cope with intrusive thoughts is to literally pray them away. I don't mean as in God taking the thoughts away, but my Church (Eastern Orthodoxy) has a prayer that you typically say repetitively (the Jesus prayer), and I have found that it is easy to get lost in the repetition and forget what the intrusive thoughts were.

There is nothing I have found which stops the obsessions (they are usually over things like historical military uniforms, historical fashions, historical cities or figures, etc.).
>>
File: 1065.jpg (154 KB, 873x567) Image search: [Google]
1065.jpg
154 KB, 873x567
>>28337160
OCD and Schizotypy usually feed off of one another, and their consequences can lead to Social-Anxiety disorder, which will often lead to Persistent Depressive Disorder (which is a fancy term for feeling constantly depressed for a period of several months to several years).
>>
>>28333333

LOW IN CONTENT, CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT SHIT??? but yes OP, yoiu can have clincal wrong when u have dorito pops
>>
>>28336482
PS
I kind of wish I could just be an alcoholic bum but both my Father and my sister went to prison for alcohol related reasons it would devastate my mother if I went down that route.
>>
>>28337239
I'm pretty sure that I have OCD, it even runs in the family.
I'm starting to think that I have schizotypal pd as well though. What's the smoking gun that will tell me so?
>>
I'm unsure, I think I have schizotypal personality disorder, i'm quite often paranoid and live in a sort of fantasy five steps ahead of where I actually am when walking places, imagining all the things that could go wrong. For a long time I was convinced I could predict tragedies because twice I completely accurately predicted my ex gf breaking up with me five minutes before it happened on text unexpectedly, and also the death of one of my teachers. I'm unsure how to get it diagnosed though, and i'm unsure if I want to.
>>
>>28337311
How much do you actually find reasons to believe your intrusive thoughts are true? Do you have mild hallucinations?

Personally, I have hallucinations of bugs crawling on surfaces that I will see out of the corner of my eye, but when I turn to look, they will be gone. So, in that sense, mine are pretty mild.

Do you have the "dead eyes"? That is "blunted affect", and is common in people with STPD, Schizoid PD, and Schizophrenia.

How much do you just let your intrusive thoughts run wild until you have a coherent idea (to use my previous example about the Roman Catholic Church, I would look for old Roman Catholic Marian apparitions which indicate the end times will begin sometime around the year 2000).

Do you hold sincere beliefs that are well outside of your culture's norms?
>>
>>28337418
>dead eyes
What does that mean?
Circles/bags under eyes?
>>
>>28337333
My paranoid delusions will sometimes be things I don't believe will actually happen, but that is where the OCD will takeover, and I will usually engage in some kind of ritual to prevent it, even though it is absurd (e.g. I will never take my eyes off of a person when left alone with them because of the delusion that they might be a shapeshifting demon).

Reading /k/ spooky stories usually turns my week into a wild ride.
>>
>>28337502
You know, the crazy thing is most of my life this has never struck me as strange until now, when I did one of those mental health tests online, got high in spd. and then noticed that no, most people don't live in fantasy worlds, and most people don't think they can predict the future, and most people don't think the builders outside college are waiting for you to walk by so they can drop a cinderblock on your head which you avoid by walking in zig-zags but realising doing this makes you look autistic, but never having a name for the actual thing it is. until now anyway, having a name is actually kind of a relief.
>>
>>28337451
Eyes with no expression of emotion. Kind of similar to a thousand yard stare, only the eyes appear to not look at anything at all, not just "through" the object they are looking at.
>>
>>28337418
See, for all of these, except hallucinations, I sorta have it.
It's slightly more moderate and isn't always present.
>>
>>28337557
I was similar. I only actually realized I had them when the Uni psychologist told me that I had them. I assumed everyone dealt with them.
>>
I have situational depression. It doesn't affect me too often due to, well, the situational nature of it, but when it does get to me, it's pretty fucking bad.
>>
>>28337561
I have no idea what my eyes are like.
>>
>>28337561
I sometimes stare blankly at people, and have trouble using my eyes in... well i guess a socially acceptable manor? Like I usually space out and stare at nothing, or when i'm talking to someone I stare directly at their nose or mouth never looking directly into the eyes for more than a second.
>>
File: IMG_0255.jpg (112 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0255.jpg
112 KB, 640x480
>>28337666
Well, considering your get, they are probably glowing red.

Here's a fairly old picture of myself (from before I lost weight); while it may not be current, lots of people have told me that my eyes look dead in it.
>>
>>28337703
I avoid looking at people.
I always look in other direction when I talk to them.
>>
>>28337703
I do that too, lots of people will do it back to me, though, so I don't know if it makes them uncomfortable that I do it, or if that is fairly normal.
>>
i have autism and adhd, used to have depression
yet im basically just a norman
>>
I've got a meme diagnosis, ADHD. It actually sucks dicks

People in my family are schizo, bipolar, and have dementia

I think I got off easy with being an impulsive fagboi

>>28335055
Me too. And getting paranoid. I'm too scared to tell anyone. My psych says I'm the only person who can decide if there's a "progression" of these things

Gettin spooped pham. I dont like it
>>
>>28337712
You look normal, m8.
Would hang out with/10
>>
I honestly fit the fucking bill for schizotypal, but I know everyone sees themselves in personality disorders so I try not to obsess over it.

What is there to obsess over anyway? It's a label for your psychology, woo
>>
>>28333265
I have BPD and its the fucking worst
>>
File: Picture of me..jpg (32 KB, 350x330) Image search: [Google]
Picture of me..jpg
32 KB, 350x330
>>28339684
Here is a more recent picture. As normal as I might look, I do have mental illness. Fortunately, I have lots of "insight", which basically means that I am able to recognize when something is insanity breaking through and when something is a genuine belief.
>>
File: shaking.jpg (27 KB, 424x426) Image search: [Google]
shaking.jpg
27 KB, 424x426
>tfw constant worrying about fluoride, Mercury from my 4 amalgam fillings, black carbon exposure, lead, glyphosate, in food etc
>tfw going over exposure levels, comparing charts between multiple studies, and using google maps to chart the distance between my previous homes and major roadways
>tfw there's Almost no chance any of these things having any effect on my development but I still worry

Probably some anxiety disorder
>>
>>28339923
Face looks better a bit fatter, tb h.
Also is your beard lighter than your head hair? Cool af.
>>
I took a lot of psychedelics (like psilocybin and acid) for the past couple years and now I'm starting to hear voices and laugh at nothing, like literally nothing.

My brother would be eating dinner with me and I just laugh randomly, even though it's silent. He starts laughing too because it's so fucking weird.
>>
>>28340330
>hear voices and laugh at nothing

both symptoms of high dopamine (schizophrenia/manic bipolar)

you done goofed taking those drugs bro

DARE told you bro

enjoy your god delusion while it lasts
>>
File: 6XV7jjW.png (123 KB, 392x373) Image search: [Google]
6XV7jjW.png
123 KB, 392x373
>>28333265
I have brain damage and maybe something else. I'm very paranoid and anxious, always second guessing everything about people around me. If they are going to hurt me or if they are real, and I'm always afraid of them hurting me or if they are all part of some conspiracy plot involving me. I've had a lot of nights where I can't sleep because I'm scared people will come and get me for figuring out their plans.
Because of brain damage I have trouble speaking and understanding a lot of things. It made high school hard, because I trip over my own words constantly and can't convey what I mean to say properly.
>>
>>28340698
>I have brain damage and maybe something else
Wh-what happened to you to end up like this?
>>
File: Cgj6fCzWgAEEC_H.jpg (60 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
Cgj6fCzWgAEEC_H.jpg
60 KB, 600x500
I have schizoid personality disorder (dislike social interaction, indifferent to the opinions of others, indifferent toward sex/relationships) which was horrible in high school but now feels like a fucking superpower.

Needless to say r9k and tfwnogf is pretty foreign stuff to me, but thats why its fun to read
>>
File: 1456389043635.png (115 KB, 316x417) Image search: [Google]
1456389043635.png
115 KB, 316x417
>>28341623
Lots. My parents dropped me constantly and I had my skull split on the floor multiple times. Got my head split another time in middle school and was in ER, hospital for a while.
Overdosed in 9th grade and it was the final straw.
>>
>>28333364
does calling the police because someone is following you count?
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.