[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on therapists. Particularly female therapists. I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: lainbear2.png (2 MB, 1512x1072) Image search: [Google]
lainbear2.png
2 MB, 1512x1072
Redpill me on therapists. Particularly female therapists. I have a therapist my age and she's really fucking hot and I don't feel comfortable feeling her all my business because she's my age and so hot but I guess I do anyways. What do you guys think of them?
>>
File: AJ4M2epm.jpg (19 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
AJ4M2epm.jpg
19 KB, 256x256
Bumperino alcamino
>>
>>28331137
I had one pretty similar. She wasn't helpful at all. She regurgitated what she learned in class and has no realistic idea of how to apply it.
>>
File: 1.jpg (36 KB, 468x594) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
36 KB, 468x594
It depends on your situation. Most therapists are not particularly intelligent or insightful people, they're jackasses with psychology degrees. If you're alone and you desperately need somebody to talk to, I would still probably recommend talking with somebody from here over Skype or something before talking to a therapist just because it's free.

At the same time, if you think you're potentially irrational and want somebody to keep tags on you and make sure you don't lose your grip on sanity, seeing a therapist regularly can be pretty wise. If you suffer from serious anxiety, exposure therapy will help, CBT might. If you have BPD then DBT will help a lot. If you just feel lonely or bad and have no idea what to do with your life, a talk therapist probably isn't a very good idea unless you don't have to pay anything, especially if you already have a confidant you can discuss serious issues with.

Generally, I would avoid young therapists in particular. The most useful talk therapists have had a lot of life experiences and are capable of consistently saying wise or insightful things (this is pretty rare for anybody). It will be much more uncommon to find that in a young person, particularly an attractive young girl with a psychology degree. Just my opinion.
>>
>>28331568
Also, you don't want to fall in love with your therapist. It will probably only cause problems.
>>
>>28331592
>>28331592
You've made a really well said thought out reply and I like it but one thing I don't think talking to any trap fappin faggot here on Skype could help me.

She is kinda insightful though but she doesn't seem to grasp the more darker crazy things but she is really cute and short with burnrtte hair so she kinda looks like my ex and that's bad cuz I get feelings for her
>>
File: 1423330376415.jpg (475 KB, 980x952) Image search: [Google]
1423330376415.jpg
475 KB, 980x952
>>28331734
Women are worthless, an they are unable to relate to other people.

You want to find a psychotherapist for cognitive-behavioral therapy or something besides whatever counseling you're getting from this lady.
>>
File: 1403748950009.png (220 KB, 400x384) Image search: [Google]
1403748950009.png
220 KB, 400x384
>>28331137
you don't need a therapist just get over yourself dude
>>
>bullshit for 30 to an hour
>haha just bee urself Anon :^)
>go for a walk
>take a relaxing bath
>get good sleep and eat right
>count to ten
>get a routine
>don't talk about 4chan or memes

>>28331568
BPD
into the trash
>>
>>28331844
I know I don't need one idiot. It's for a diagnosis to get neetbux bahahahaha. What else would I do it for? So a roastie can hold me and tell me it's okay?
No it's so the goyim paya me to sit on my ass
>>
>>28331879
Stop scamming the taxpayer and get off your lazy ass.
>>
>>28331916
B-BUT I CANT WORK I HAVE S-SOCIAL A-ANXIETY I C CANT DO IT!!

I CANT BEE MY SELF WOJACK! I CANT! I GOTS DA AUTISMO DAMMIT
>>
>>28331137
If she didn't pass you off to a more experienced therapist because of your similar age, she probably thinks your cute. Try to ask her to a nice restaurant OP
>>
>>28331734
>she kinda looks like my ex and that's bad cuz I get feelings for her
Try to find another therapist then. Or even stop seeking therapy altogether. If you fall in love with her you'll be much more miserable.

Saying, "You look like my ex and I'm getting feelings for you, I think I need to look for another therapist" will be a free way out of the situation.
>>
>>28331137
You are supposed to do a few test sessions and if you aren't compatible you try a different therapist
I tried 4 before I found a really great one
>>
>>28331137
I'm seeing a female psychotherapist today

I don't really know what to expect. I don't want depth I should go into about my life

She already knows I'm suicidal because of records from the psych ward. She may know I'm homicidal and rapey.

What are the no-nos to say? pedo?
How do I know she's good?
>>
>>28331568
tfw no qt 3.14 therapist to do CBT on me and call me a loser
>>
>>28332410
>What are the no-nos to say?
You should probably not mention the pedo thing, but everything else should be okay
If she thinks you are a danger to yourself or to other people she will probably send you back to the psych ward instantly
>How do I know she's good?
You talk to her a few times and if you feel like you guys are connecting well you continue
If you don't enjoy it/have a hard time ask to see different therapist
>>
>>28331137
Tell her all that, how it's hard because she's your age and hot.
That way you can open up and not worry about banging her
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.