[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>found a great girl on a dating site >she doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11
File: 13.jpg (296 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
296 KB, 800x533
>found a great girl on a dating site
>she doesn't like to party
>doesn't smoke
>doesn't drink
>2 years younger than me
>no kids
>is cute af
What could possibly go wrong, right?

>her body is almost entirely covered in tattoos and she has more than 10 piercings on various parts of her body and two ear lobe stretching piercings
S-Should I still contact her? Not that she'd potentially answer but who knows.
>>
Why do people hate piercings and tattoos so much? I can understand if you're not into it but idk
>>
Yes, just do it. Doubt you'll get better t b h

If you don't, the possibility will always nag you
>>
>>28328345
Also these are really shitty tattoos we're talking about, like literally a squirrel holding an acorn, or some shitty birds. Why did she have to ruin her body?

>>28328367
I dunno, to me tattoos translate into being a totally careless and irresponsible person. Most piercings don't bother me tho, just these fucking ear lobe stretchers that are mostly permanent.
>>
She took 50 cocks,
She smoked heavily in her teen phase
She got drunk heavily in her teen phase getting nutted on pregnancy pills

Didn't you ever heard of "red alarm" for girls
>>
>>28328345
Just go for it. You know that you don't have to marry her immediately, right? If she's down for a date, just go out and have a good time for once. Get to know her, and you'll still be able to decide where you want to take this. This doesn't have to develop into a serious relationship, anon.
>>
File: 1432142790261.jpg (7 KB, 270x200) Image search: [Google]
1432142790261.jpg
7 KB, 270x200
>>28328424
I know. I know. You're probably right.

But you know, what if she's been pure her whole life? What if...
>>
>>28328393
Tattoos are usually a good representation of someone's mind. I see mine as a kind've mental scrapbook of concepts and memories.
If a person has stupid tattoos then they're probably just as stupid themselves.
>>
>>28328345
like >>28328424
red flag, no, just not a gf material, but if you want to fuck, sure
>>
>>28328345
Yeah, why don't you message her and observe how she completely ignores you. Then you'll start to realize that it's not possible for a person like you to have standards. You need to take what you can get.

>>28328367
Let's consider some permanent life decisions that change the path of your life forever, next to the reasons for those decisions:
---------------------
>buying a house - you think long and hard about the location you want to live as this will determine what the rest of your life is like, the decision may take months or even years to come to

>going to college - you think long and hard about your degree choice, asking for advice from counselors and trying your best to make your investment in a college degree worthwhile

>getting married - you spend up to 7 years dating a person long term, collecting evidence that this is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with

>getting a tattoo - LOL IT LOOKS KEWL ;()
---------------------

Face it, getting a tattoo is a stupid idea. It changes the course of your life forever. You will always have a stupid drawing of a cat on your body and you will always need to explain what it means to people. It also fades and looks like garbage in just 2 short years. It also affects your employment options. You will be buried in a casket with a fucking robot drawing on your forearm, is that really what you want? Permanent life decisions require thought and possibly years of deliberation and planning; the effects of the decision are also a huge positive influence on your life and this positive influence justifies the permanence of the decision. It would be incredibly irresponsible to make a permanent life decision that will affect you forever if it doesn't serve a necessary function or offer a huge positive influence.
>>
>>28328491
I had a clever comparison of tattoos and ghetto graffitis in my 4chan folder but I can't find it right now. Great analogy imho.
>>
>>28328462
OP doesn't want to hear actual reasonable responses and good advice like this.

>>28328424
He'd rather respond to some robot NEET bullshit reply like this.

OP you're done. Don't even try. You'd be wasting HER time.
>>
>>28328367

They're a way of telling everyone that you're trash.
>>
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18089280

POOF
>>
File: 1443711014324.png (8 KB, 509x619) Image search: [Google]
1443711014324.png
8 KB, 509x619
>>28328561
I'm so sorry faem. I appreciate the answers. I'm still debating tho.
>>
>>28328367
Give me 1 good reason to get a tattoo. I'm waiting. spoiler: There is none.

Yeah, now that shit is going to be on you forever. wow, what a good idea.

anyone who makes that decision is irresponsible and stupid in other areas of life too.
>>
>>28328491
what about out of sight tattoos?
>>
>>28328596
We gave you advice go fuck her up and dump, she can be your practice girl.
You don't have to feel bad, she already threw her life in garbage and you won't save her either.
But you can make good practice with her
>>
>>28328618
They're out of sight. What's the point?

>inb4 I'm doing it for myself
That's just fucking stupid and retarded.
>>
>>28328491
I don't have any tattoos of cats or robots, nor any that are visible in formal attire. In fact they aren't even visible if I'm wearing a t-shirt or shorts. How does this affect my employment options? Do my freckles and surgical scars also affect employment options in this same way?

Why should I be concerned with how I look when I'm buried? I don't plan on having my friends and family inspect my corpse. Even if they did I'm sure they would find my tattoos, being a representation of my consciousness, of greater sentiment than any of my earthly possessions which would be made somewhat redundant by my death.

You seem like someone that is devoid of any kind of pathos in life. Do you also hate photography or films or music because they detract from your goals of success?
>>
>>28328639
I mean out of sight when at work but in view like at the beach/on hot days/etc. I don't know what the point is, just wanted your opinion, my man.

I've seen dudes at retail stores with face tattoos. To be fair they were low end chain stores but it's still offputting.
>>
>>28328618
>I'll pay $500 for a high functioning monkey with a needle to something dumb and meaningless on me that will be there forever with no chance to remove it ever until the end of time, but it's OK because the sailboat I want is going to be on the bottom of my foot

...........................................................read that and please convince me you can come to any conclusion other than "the person who does that is fucking retarded and irresponsible"
>>
Is her having only guy friends a red flag? I don't think she's fucked any of them
>>
>>28328491
>only tattoo I've ever considered getting is a Brand of Sacrifice
>proper placement would be in clear sight no matter what I wear
Welp.
>>
>>28328717
>a Brand of Sacrifice
A what? I missed that meme.
>>
File: IMG_20160408_145639.jpg (74 KB, 720x718) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160408_145639.jpg
74 KB, 720x718
>>28328491
> tattoos change the course of your life forever
> ?
>>
>>28328345
>Tattoos/piercings
>virgin
Pick two
>>
>>28328741
>everything is a meme
An hero, newfag.
>>
>>28328345
Why do these things make her a "great" girl?

>doesn't smoke
>doesn't drink

They are things that a lot of people do to unwind, and in moderation they're fine. They're not indicative of a larger problem

As oppose to being impulsive and piercing all over her body and literally wrecking her earlobes? And getting shitty tattoos and ruining her body?

Robots have weird standards, kek. I guess whatever gets their boner going is okay, everything else isn't.
>>
>>28328674
>In fact they aren't even visible if I'm wearing a t-shirt or shorts.
What's the point then if nobody sees it? Why did you get it?

>How does this affect my employment options
It doesn't, because you got a completely pointless tattoo that nobody sees [?]

>Do my freckles and surgical scars also affect employment options in this same way?
Wow, you are actually stupid. Tattoos are something you impose upon yourself and most tattoos do not vibe with the message or aesthetic that a professional environment is going for. A freckle or a surgical scar is unavoidable and they do not have any social meaning that contradicts the professional environment. This is an extremely stupid and 1-dimensional train of thought and you should be ashamed for thinking that it's a worthy argument.

>Why should I be concerned with how I look when I'm buried
I was attempting to invoke the transcendent sanctity of the human body you are born with, although that completely went over your head, I see. Being buried with cat drawings is an example of the absurdity of the practice that I was attempting to use to show that there is something highly wrong with disrespecting the beautiful human body you were born with enough to get dumb drawings on it.

>Do you also hate photography or films or music because they detract from your goals of success
This is a total non-sequitur. I mean, it doesn't even make sense. I am a watercolor artist and I sold my most expensive painting for $7,000, on top of having a normal job.
>>
>>28328742
You will have a dumb permanent drawing on your skin forever. Every time you get naked people will see it. It changes your life forever. You will never be able to remove it. If you ever regret it, too bad it's there forever.

The only reasons to get one:

-lol it looks kewl
-i gotta remember my dead grandma because i don't love her enough to remember on my own [insults the memory of your own dead relative]

if you make a permanent life decision based on shaky reasons like that, you're a fucking retard and irresponsible. anecdotally this is true in my life. every fucking idiot, wageslave, blue collar server at denny's I know has 3+ stupid fucking tattoos. Every girl i know who has ever had an STD has at least 5 tattoos.
>>
>>28328345
>>A girl on a dating app
>>she doesn't like to party
>>doesn't smoke
>>doesn't drink
>>Has tattoos and piercings
You're getting played. This kind of girl doesn't exist and she's just looking for a beta provider after she dropped off the cock carousel.
>>
>>28328715
>Is her having only guy friends a red flag?

Not if they actually treat each other like friends. If she's too touchy feely with one/some of them, it is a red flag.

>I don't think she's fucked any of them
You should find out before you get really invested.
>>
>>28328805
>people that get visible tattoos because they look cool are stupid

>people that get tattoos for themselves are stupid because nobody will see them

lmao why are you so annoyed about what other people do with their bodies
>>
File: fc,800x800,grass_green.u6.jpg (78 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
fc,800x800,grass_green.u6.jpg
78 KB, 800x800
>>28328345

You honestly believe that A GIRL with tattoos and piercings do not party, smoke, drink, do drugs or not fucked at least 20 niggers?

Tell me as a bonus, us she 25+ year old?
>>
>>28328876
>>people that get tattoos for themselves are stupid because nobody will see them
What is a "tattoo for yourself". Educate me.

>why are you so annoyed about what other people do with their bodies
I'm not. I just know to avoid tattooed people because those people are, almost all of the time, low class trash and irresponsible people who consistently make bad life decisions. It doesn't "annoy" me. The original question was "why don't you want to date a girl with tattoos". I answered. Why are you being so defensive? To protect your own ego, you had to assume I am emotionally invested in this issue and that I'm some kind of raging anti-tattoo nazi. I have no emotional investment at all. It's a purely logical conclusion I've made.
>>
>>28328345
>acts all high and mighty because he assumes random girl could be a slut
>masturbates to real sluts
>>
>>28328917
You sound as if you don't have any life experience at all, m80.
>>
File: tattoos_ferrari.png (151 KB, 375x251) Image search: [Google]
tattoos_ferrari.png
151 KB, 375x251
Do tattoo fags make homemade spoliers on their Lamborghinis?
>>
>>28328345
A matter of personal prefferance, although I'd say it takes the wrong kind of guts to destroy one's body like that. A tatto or two seems ok, but not that many. Whilist piercing looks terrible no matter what, not to mention what all of these do to one's body. I'd say drop it.
>>
>>28328935
You can't argue so you just use ad hominem. I understand.
>>
File: Aro-Tattoo-8.jpg (36 KB, 760x760) Image search: [Google]
Aro-Tattoo-8.jpg
36 KB, 760x760
>>28328610
>>28328571
>>28328491
all of these oddly passionate tattoo detractors.

imagine this, robots. imagine that you have an appreciation for beauty, for art and for style, so you spend a good deal of time searching for designs and art that resonates you, you shop extensively for a tattoo artist that has a stunning portfolio, and then, only then, you decide to get a tattoo.

so over the course of hours or days or weeks you allow this artist you've selected to etch something beautiful into your skin. every day when you look into the mirror you are happy to see this work of art on your body. you take care of yourself and the tattoo to reduce skin sagging and ink fade, and in 5 years it looks just as good as it ever did.

so what's the fucking problem here? please? anyone? I'll concede there is a difference between carefully selecting both the art and the artist and strolling into a shop one day saying "lmao give me an infinity sign/semicolon or some other retarded shit"

your choice in tattoos will reflect who you are, just like your choice in house, car , or marriage partner will. but they are not inherently bad.

pic related. if you can't appreciate something like this then you are a fucking philistine
>>
File: sigh.png (62 KB, 244x244) Image search: [Google]
sigh.png
62 KB, 244x244
>>28328935
>dumb reply met with dumb reply
Oh boy now it's that part of the thread.
>>
>>28328959
>pic related. if you can't appreciate something like this then you are a fucking philistine
That's just fucking ugly. Kill urself. That's not fucking art. It's just some pretentious bullshit nu-art.
>>
Tattoos or piercings are a red flag.

Anyone saying other wise thinks with his dick, that's all.
>>
>>28328959
If you're a true "appreciator of beauty and art" you would know plainly that tattoos fade and lose their vibrant color and detail after only 1 year. I've seen tattoos that look like fuckin garbage after only 6 months.

By the way that foot tattoo looks horrible and it will look even worse when more of those orange and red colors fade into an awkward pinkish skin tone.

>so what's the fucking problem here? please? anyone?
The problem is that 98% of people don't put that much thought into a "classy tattoo" anyway. Most women get some garbage "watercolor hand print tattoo" on their tits or something equally stupid.
>>
>>28328917
Different anon I was just wondering why you seemed to be getting so upset lol.
>>
>>28328959
$10 says the girl with that tattoo can't even name all of the plants there

>flowers are cool so i'll get that on my foot xD
>>
>>28328831
I think I see the problem here...
You're so terrified of commitment and permanent decisions that you project your fear of life long choices into others, assuming (imblying) that every person that made a permanent body-wise decision either has stupid reasons or will eventually regret.
I'm truly sorry if your personal anecdotes involving tattoos were traumatic, but I ave to break it down to you: if someone's tattoo is dumb or regrettable, that's completely irrelevant to the case. In general terms, a tattoo is a permanent body modification no different then plastic surgery or braces or even hair implant. Modifications those that many robots would so fearlessly engage into if they had the chance to change their self perceived flaws. It's a bit of hipocrisy to condemn tattos if you support or would ever do it yourself, any procedure of body modification.
I've seen many amazing tattoos on amazing people. I myself would love to draw on my body, but unfortunately i never had any idea of a worthy drawing. My father was a tattoo enthusiast. When he died he had more than 30 tattoos all over, and he was the greatest man i have ever met, if you allow me to use my anecdotal evidence as well.
>>
>>28328959
>those ugly fingers
Is this a trap?
>>
>>28328988
ok@y.
>>
>>28328999
You sound like an angry virgin but at least you got trips.
>>
>>28329009
>You're so terrified of commitment and permanent decisions that you project your fear of life long choices into others, assuming (imblying) that every person that made a permanent body-wise decision either has stupid reasons or will eventually regret.
I'm married with a child on the way so I have no commitment problems.

You missed the point entirely. There is no reason to make a COMMITMENT if the reasons are STUPID.

I am not scared of COMMITMENT. I am scared of STUPID commitment. Again, if you make a "body-related commitment" to get a tattoo because "it looks cool," then the reasons don't really match the seriousness of the commitment and therefore it's a pretty stupid fucking commitment to make. Anyone who makes that commitment anyway is pretty much an irresponsible human.
>>
>>28328999
Ah the old "you're not allowed to like something unless you have intricate knowledge of the subject" argument

you don't have to be a chef to enjoy good food
you don't have to be an artist to find something aesthetically pleasing; nor do you have to be a botanist
>>
>>28329038
>actually justifying not knowing the plant you got tattooed on your body
LMAO
"I am such a fine connoisseur of high arts and of beauty. I appreciate beauty so much and I am so enthusiastically into beauty... I know pretty much everything about beauty, that why I get beautiful tattoos.... wait don't ask me the name of the beautiful thing I got tattooed onto my body! you are asking for basic qualifying knowledge, shitlord! you are oppressing me by asking for proof!"
>>
File: trigz-tattoo-dead.jpg (126 KB, 670x712) Image search: [Google]
trigz-tattoo-dead.jpg
126 KB, 670x712
>>28329009
>my father
>pic related
>great guy
>>
File: 39-flower-tattoo-600x494.jpg (50 KB, 600x494) Image search: [Google]
39-flower-tattoo-600x494.jpg
50 KB, 600x494
>>28328975
if you don't like flowers I've got nothing for you.
>>28328985
tattoos fade dude to lack of care. you're supposed to moisturize and maintain them almost every day to reduce fade. also most shops offer touch-ups that are either completely free or a small fraction of the original cost.

>the problem is that 98% of people
mentioned this in my other post. you can spend time trying to get a truly beautiful tattoo or you can just half-ass it. I think either option reflects on you as a person. But I'm saying that you CAN carefully select a tattoo, and meticulously maintain it and have it touched up. not all tatts look like shit and not all of them are retarded.

>>28328999
nice trips. you don't think flowers are cool? come at me bro
>>
>>28329037
If you're such an intelligent and responsible lad then why are you shitposting on 4chan instead of getting laid or making stacks due to your superior employment opportunities
>>
>>28329037
Congratulations on disqualifying any and all of your opinions by admitting you're just a filthy normalfaggot.
Please, escort yourself to the nearest exit and never come back.
And just for the matter, you're not the one who get to decide what is and isn't a worthy motive to make the commitment. For instance, having a kid.... Now, on my opinion, that's a hell of a stupid commitment. Marrying? Another dreadful decision. I don't judge you, though, becauss those are only my perceltions and you're just a normalfag anyway.
>>
File: vaguedisgustmom.png (685 KB, 683x518) Image search: [Google]
vaguedisgustmom.png
685 KB, 683x518
>>28329076
>shitlord! you are oppressing me
>implying other poster was SJW at all
stawman, the post
>>
>>28328959
>Foot tattoos
Ahahaha those are almost as bad as tramp stamps mate. I Kind of agree with you that sometimes they can be alright, if done tastefully and not in excess. But most of the time they make the person look like trash.
>>
>>28329106
>perceltions
post trashed. Not even worth reading.
>>
>>28329037
> married with a kid
> on 4chan
> on r9k of all boards
Yea........ No.
>>
>>28329120

>what is jokes

this is why nobody likes you /r9k/. you are emotionally worked up over nothing
>>
>>28329076
I've sold photography in galleries and nobody ever asked me the genus of the plants in the photos, they were just happy to buy it because they found it aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>28329132
> adressing a typo instead of the post's content
It's like raising a white flag.
>>
>>28329171
>posting crap content, also it has typoes
>expecting people to respond seriously
>>
>>28328345
Sounds like an addict on the methadone clinic.
>>
>>28329273
> posts a load of bullshit against tattoos that could've been said by my grandfather and his folks
> thinks he is actually right and above the rest of us
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.