[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many robots here have friends? Internet friends? I know this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: the dude.jpg (24 KB, 587x330) Image search: [Google]
the dude.jpg
24 KB, 587x330
How many robots here have friends? Internet friends? I know this isn't wizard chan, but all the other boards have pretty low regards for us. How did you meet your friends? Especially NEETs.

Also: Fuck Breaking Bad
>>
Wizard chan was always pretty shit though, even speaking as a post-wizard myself.

But zero friends IRL and 1 online that I get to hang out with like once a year.
>>
I rap, and word got around before I dropped out so I have a few burn out stoner friends to smoke and make music with.

Its okay, sometimes a random visit from them can keep me from going full self destruct mode all night, plus I can get weed from them, but most of the time I'd rather be alone than have to pretend I'm not miserable.
>>
>>28327663
I have quite a few friends almost all from school or friends of friends from school.

Some say it's impossible to make friends after education, i think it's true to an extent but I've made very good friends from martial arts clubs and working jobs. We aren't on the level of my school friends but that may just be because we lie quite far away.

Also complicated by the fact I already have a good network of friends.
>>
>>28327781
I'll be commuting to a community college and I'll be older than most of them. I haven't had a good friend in fucking forever. I know this is vague, but do you have any advice? I'm pretty boring

>>28327727
What program do you use to make the music? How hard is that?

>>28327698
I hear people on wizchan speaking of how it used to be better. I wasn't there for that
>>
File: YaoXiaoSorryComic4.jpg (64 KB, 721x385) Image search: [Google]
YaoXiaoSorryComic4.jpg
64 KB, 721x385
>>28327858
Just be really down to Earth and laid back. I know that's like saying just be yourself bro but it's kind of the secret.

Here's some things that work with me that might be more pragmatic advice.

Men like to talk side by side, not face to face. That's why most men will only properly open up while out on long walks or in cars. This is evolutionary psychology really. Men are at ease when they're side to side scanning the horizon. (women prefer face to face like talking to a child) Face to face especially bodily square on is actually aggressive body language in men and you'll find if your talking in a large group and you don't like someone your probably facing them. Anyway I digress.

Be genuinely interested in a person and they'll like you. Don't ask too many questions but listen intently to the answer. If you ever have to choose between actually listening and not seeming like you are and completely not listening but seeming like you are. The latter is usually best.

Most of all find out what they're interested in and get them to talk at length about and act like it's special and awesome. Importance is a base need and people go insane just to feel important so making someone feel cool and important usually wins them over. Most people don't like talking about themselves to strangers or sometimes anyone but everyone loves talking with authority. So let them by showing interest in their hobbies or interests. (It's essetially the same response that makes people keep coming back to 4chan).

Smile and laugh. Generally speaking to get a guy to like you you just need to laugh at his jokes. Especially if the guys not funny. Laughing at a boring guys joke can be like saying yes to a Robot asking you out (where we girls) they can tend to emotionally over react.

Here's an easy one for first impressions: Try to note a persons I color when you first meet them. The color doesn't matter at all but the extra genuine eye contact does.
>>
>>28328138
Many thanks, anon! This is probably better than anything I would have got on /adv/ hehe
>>
Couple of internet friends and that's about it.
>>
>>28328190
No worries, bud. Don't worry about being too old or boring just be friendly to everyone. I made loads of 18-19 year old friends in my current job and they all couldn't believe it when they found out I'm 25. The best friend I made on this job is 67 and conversation is literally exactly the same. Only showing interest in his stories is a lot easier.

Hope you have fun.
>>
>>28328138
That's some quality advice, anon. Thanks!
>>
Online friends on Skype for 3 years now
I was going to meet one of them but he never came to my country
>I was going to let him stay in my house
>>
File: saitama.png (7 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
saitama.png
7 KB, 235x215
>>28327663
I've got three IRL friends. The number was originally bigger but I don't keep in contact with most of them even post graduation. We were a group of misfits and outcast, and I was the leader for being the oldest, "wisest", "most determined", and "calm and collectively well rounded" guy. I don't know what they saw in me but something obvious was there that I'm missing. I was respected by their parents at first glance, and I helped them get ahead in high school since I had a good name and relationship with the staff. They helped me be sociable and happier in exchange. The leadership role made me develop upon my own maturity and self doubt.

The three I stay in contact with we work towards common goals so its mutually beneficial in a lot of ways, although we live far apart now so things are harder. We get together once a month, and we're planning to rent a place soon.

The others were too far gone at the end. They had no aspirations, no goals, and overall just sat around literally talking about hentai and playing smash bros all day. They weren't like that in the beginning at all. I had met everyone when I re-entered HS for the third time ( and finally graduated at 20. )

As far as online goes, I have maybe five good ones. I have hundreds of acquaintances though through vidya communities/roleplay games I've been part of for 10+ years.
>>
>>28327663
I have 3 irl friends that are off at college that I used to hang out with all the time
I just made a normie friend at college and its fucking mortifying. I just like playing melee with him, if he didn't play melee I know we wouldn't be friends
Normies really are exactly what people here say they are. Women are 100X worse, I want off this fucking ride
>>
Three friends that I drink with on the weekends.
Met them through my brother.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.