[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Got straight A's in high school >near perfect SAT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1444856144546.png (2 MB, 3496x4024) Image search: [Google]
1444856144546.png
2 MB, 3496x4024
>Got straight A's in high school
>near perfect SAT
>had a small group of friends I could talk to

>now go to a pretty prestigious uni
>no friends here, depressed, failing all of my classes

When did everything go so wrong.
>>
>>28323005
when you lost your friends

if you can't make friends it's the worsst
>>
>>28323005
Yeah this is exactly my situation. Top 0.25% of the state, best uni in the country, all I want to fucking do is kill myself. I see all these people I view myself as smarter than going to class, studying, while I just masturbate and worry about the future and drink. I'm so sick of this nightmare, I just want a job and no mental stress.
>>
>>28323005
You're learning the hard lesson that everyone who goes to university does. You aren't some fucking prodigy because you did good in high school, any dipshit can do that and not even try. In college you actually have to try hard or you will fail.
>>
I hear this is really common moving into prestigious unis. It probably isn't you.

I don't have any advice though.. I'm in a prestigious uni too but I've always been just scraping by, even since high school. I don't even know how I got in.

The only advice I have is to definitely sign up for disability services for depression. I got plenty of extra time and allowances on my assignments. It helped a lot. Trust me.
>>
>>28323047

> everyone else is smarter I'm the only one who is worried about the future

literally everyone else is in the same boat as you, they just are willing to work hard studying in their own time instead of shitposting on a Peruvian toad racing forum
>>
I fucked a nigger, how do I stack up?
>>
File: eth.jpg (94 KB, 568x1020) Image search: [Google]
eth.jpg
94 KB, 568x1020
>>28323005
i wanna get beat up
i want someone to beat the shit out of me and leave me on the side of the road all bloody and limping back home for no reason
maybe mugged
sometimes i wish someone would break my legs
or kidnap me and rape me and torture me before killing me
you're probably ok op
>>
File: 1460465345925.png (222 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1460465345925.png
222 KB, 500x500
>>28323005

OP, I think it's a vicious cycle where you are depressed because you are failing your classes, and failing your classes because you are depressed.

If I was you, I would try to convert all that depression into anger, engage in something to vent off all the anger, and then try to numb myself enough to cram through the studies and turn the situation around enough so I would not be failing the classes, and only then go about finding some friends.

If you are a naturally shut-in person who can't manage this, then I am afraid you might have to drop out of that uni and find alternative way to keep going with your life (move in with parents, find a manageable part-time job) until you feel better enough to keep pursuing your dreams again.

OP, when I was in high school, I also used to have more friends to talk to, even had a gf, and now I work as a designer, live with my parents and barely socialize with anyone outside my family anymore. I also suffer from diagnosed anxiety and depression, and take pills for that, but I don't feel completely doomed, since I have plans to save some money from working over time and eventually move to another town and study art in an art institute at my country's capital city.

Good luck OP. One day all of us that try will make it.
>>
>>28323049
>In college you actually have to try hard or you will fail
retard detected
>>
>>28323229
liberal arts major detected
>>
>>28323005
it sounds like you fell into the trap of "being successful" at the expense of yourself

success doesn't depend on grades or schools or money or any of that bullshit, it's about our connections with others

>When did everything go so wrong.
you can still recover, you just have to find a way to:
1) reconnect with old friends, or
2) make new connections with people

good luck, roboto
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.