[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come it's never enough? Not enough food, not enough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Notenough.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Notenough.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
How come it's never enough? Not enough food, not enough sleep. Never enough money, nor sex, or drugs, not even enough time. It's a sort of starvation, in the land of plenty. I don't know how to explain it, much less be content.
>>
its because the flesh is in a state of deprivation.

were only human ;^)
>>
>>28317640
So it's simply the nature of man to covet? Is there no respite from this?
>>
>>28317609
Bc you're a douche
>>
>>28317609

you werent given enough affection as a child so try and fail to compensate as an adult
>>
>>28317609

You've stumbled onto a great fountain of knowledge. But knowledge ever only brings more questions.

What you're describing is similar to the realm of the hungry ghosts.
>>
>>28317656
the bible tells you all you need to know my friend.
even talks about pepe. If you know where to look

>Desu Senpai Kek
>>
>>28317717
My parents tried their best to care for me, but there's a void inside, an emptiness, and a longing that cannot be sated. I am not convinced it has to do with my parents or childhood, though they were far from perfect.
>>
>>28317741
>>28317741
I abandoned my faith, because I felt like my life put me at odds with the man upstairs, but I have felt terrible ever since. I'm not sure redemption is a thing though.
>>
>>28317811
>What is the parable of the Prodigal Son?
>What is The Fool in archetypal mysticism?
>>
>>28317966
Can't reconcile faith in God with actions that defy religious doctrine. Forgiveness, if it exists, demands the abandonment of hedonistic behavior, which I feel is all that keeps me sane. I doubt I'm a good enough person to avoid damnation.
>>
>>28317752

are they divorced? how were disciplined as a child?
>>
>>28318141
Mom smacked me around when I got out of line, but we get along fine now. Dad never raised a hand to me, but he's been a real asshole to me as an adult. They were divorced, and now they're back together. I could care less.
>>
>>28318183

well that's why

it's hard to admit since everyone wants their parents to be perfect and hard to notice since its litearlly the norm to be a bad parent but that's where your problems come from
>>
>>28318206
Isn't it pretty common though to be beaten by one or both of your parents as a kid? And I'll bet there are a lot of robots whose parents hate them for not providing them with grandchildren.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.