[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be me >6'3 about 150lbs >Simply doing my job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: TriggerNigger.jpg (94 KB, 541x799) Image search: [Google]
TriggerNigger.jpg
94 KB, 541x799
>Be me
>6'3 about 150lbs
>Simply doing my job
>I work at a collector's shop during this normie-invasion of stuff like wargames and comics
>I had this old woman walk in
>I assumed she is new to this kind of place, as most elderly women are, also by the fact I never seen her before.
>I decide to help her
"Hello ma'am, you look a little bit lost. Would you like my help?"
>This saggy-tit fossil grabs my arm
"You're too skinny, you should eat a cheeseburger"
>She completely ignores me and went back to looking

If I was a fat ass and she said I was too fat and should stop eating cheeseburgers people would be apoplectic. Yet, stuff like this happens to me at least monthly. Why is this acceptable behavior?
>>
>>28316270
waaaaa im skinny abloo abloo
>>
File: image.png (841 KB, 1102x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
841 KB, 1102x1600
I'm 6'4 and a few pounds heavier than you, partly due to being diagnosed with early stage lymphoma. I've had this exact same interaction and love watching people squirm after I tell them its hard to develop an appetite after 5 months of mild chemo treatment
>>
>>28316270
>not knowing old dinosaurs get a pass to be assholes to everyone they see
>>
>waaaaah someone said something I find offensive
She's right, chucklefuck. You're pathetic. She'd have been right if you were a fat fuck too.
>>
File: Laughing-Frog-Meme-07.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Frog-Meme-07.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
whoa watch out, mr. skeletal is on a rampage.
>>
>>28316270

Well from what I know about cultural psychology in the west we are highly motivated to promote ourselves and we do this through self serving biases where we overestimate our abilities and attributes. This is usually fine since we can engage in reasoning to justifiy why we didn't do well in that situations (for example I did badly in that presentation but its because the topic was really dull and unexciting, im still a good presenter) However when the evidence is objective and factual we have a problem.

You were that evidence.

When met with objective evidence we need to find alternative ways of making ourselves feel better and protect our self esteem (self-enhancement as mentioned previously is a way in which we maintain and promote high self-esteem) and a good way is to use downward social comparison I.E see someone fatter than her. But you were a lot thinner.

so now she is experiencing cognitive dissonance which is the negative emotion we feel when our beliefs and behaviours are contradictory (in the west we are particular concerned about being achieving this consistency) and to allieviate this mental stress she has to either adapt her beliefs or her behaviour to make it ok. Its much easier for her to change her beliefs about her weight than to change her behaviour and eat less.... ergo she convinces herself that unless you have a good healthy amount of protective fat you are infact the unhealthy one.

I don't know if that made sense to you or not, but that is my guess.
>>
Dude i'm 5'11 162lbs and a bean pole you must look like death
>>
>>28316520
that's bs I am 155 and 6,3 and look skinny but not Auschwitz by any means
>>
>>28316270
>6'2
>127 lbs
JUST

STILL look healthier than true famished africans though
>>
>>28316494
>being this autistic you wrote paragraphs to explain something so simple

she probably just thought he was really skinny and wanted to give him advice to bulk up
>>
>>28316642
This may be the only time I get to use my degree lol please let me have this.
>>
>>28316606
Hey whaddya know I'm 6'1 and you got me beat by 7lbs!

>JUST
>>
>>28316642
Coming on R9K to call people autistic. What does this achieve? That's like going to the Sahara and saying its sandy.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.