[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw your lineage and name will end with you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1411599118069.jpg (55 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1411599118069.jpg
55 KB, 633x758
>tfw your lineage and name will end with you
>>
And my mental illness.
>>
Except it won't, because if you have brothers and sisters, they will pass on a certain amount of your genes (which are actually just your mom and dad's genes), roughly half as much as you would if you personally reproduced, but it can vary a lot.

If you have first cousins, take the above figure and divide it by two again. Still an average of 12.5% (vs. 50% with a single child you yourself helped create) proliferation there, though, again, it can vary wildly.
>>
File: 1439175140146.jpg (40 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
1439175140146.jpg
40 KB, 535x577
>>28314177
>tfw no relatives in my generation at all.
>>
>>28314230
There are two ways to cope with this feel
>many genes are fairly commonplace, so although most people won't have the specific combo that you have, they will still carry at least some genes that are identical to your own

Or

>your lifeline has finally been completely eradicated, and you can feel peace knowing that you and everyone related to you is free from the burden of existence by proxy
>>
>>28314177
genes get diluted and swapped around quickly
>>
Why the fuck should I care about either? Nobody in my family line was ever anything important.
>>
>>28314024
>tfw no anon-jr
>no son will ever dedicate their book or speech to you
>your son won't invite you to his inauguration party
>you won't get drunk with your future son-president
>>
>>28314312
Yeah, exactly. So unless you intermarry it's not like it really matters, because eventually your personal genetic impact will be pretty fucking negligible anyway.
>>
kek who literally cares
>>
>tfw you're a woman and your offspring will belong to the man's family, not yours
>>
>muh heritage

You must be American

You're not a king or a prince so why does it even matter?
>>
File: 1454268904073.jpg (31 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
1454268904073.jpg
31 KB, 670x503
Grass is never greener.
>multiple siblings
>they're all succesful enough that any could reasonably have a baby at some point in their life
>I don't have to worry about the responsibility
BUT
>they're all successful enough that I'm reasonably expected to be a semi functioning human being
No happy ending.
>>
If i have Kids they will only slow me down in WW3.

plus god warned us about having children in these times.

the world will become a lake of fire

no doubt iwould love to ha a son or doughter tho.
>>
>>28314470
The only scientific reason for families to patrilineal is that all males in your family have the same Y chromosome. The semantics are bullshit, whoever you give birth to is still half you. Maybe they socially "belong" to a different family, but that's not very true, at the end of the day.

And when it comes to daughters? It's a bit more up in the air.
>>
>>28314558
*for families to be patrilineal

popular spice for correcting typos
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 781x552) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 781x552
>>28314177
My brother is also a robot and everybody else in my family is pretty much a female
>>
>>28314588
Females pass your lineage on less effectively (because they're limited by gestation times), but with a higher chance of actually doing so.

So you're fucking good, dude. If all you care about is titles and that Y chromosome of yours, then yeah, you're fucked. But otherwise? Don't sweat it.
>>
>>28314024
I don't even care
I just want someone that knows me better than I know myself, someone who will love me without caring about how ugly my body is. I want to spend my life with someone I feel at ease with. I don't even care what they look they look like as long as they love me and I love them but even if I did find someone like this I doubt I could make them as happy as I would be.

How do I stop being such an autist?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.