[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people think reading is so superior to other hobbies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Why do people think reading is so superior to other hobbies?

I like reading, I read quite a lot, but I don't really think two hours spent reading fiction is any better than two hours spent playing video games.

It definitely improves vocabulary and literary skills, but the same could be said of posting on 4chan, and assuming you already have decently developed literary skills, that's not really a huge advantage.
>>
>I don't really think two hours spent reading fiction is any better than two hours spent playing video games.

Genrefag drtectored.
>>
>>28313703
Reading is no better than any other hobby, but only because people hit the glass ceiling of their comprehension before they reach the maximum extractible from the book. In other words, if one plays games, one would benefit from a book only as much as they would from playing a game, so they could as well keep playing. But the inherent potential of literature exceeds all else.
>>
you got me, i had a stacey mad when they found out i play video games.
>>
>>28313769
Are you trying to say I'm stupid
>>
>>28313703
>If you go home with somebody, and they don't have books, don't fuck them!
That's retarded. Who owns books? They're literally free from the library. You literally go there and literally take it home, literally read it and literally return it. Why would anyone own a book?
>>
>>28314008
>Why would anyone own a book?
a lot of people in my family enjoy reading and poking around in used bookstores, so I get a lot of books as gifts

some of them are really good so I keep them
>>
Reading is a meme. I always found it odd normies have so many books but get defensive when you try to strike a conversation about a book you both read. It turned out the reason is books are for decorating and only losers read, but you also can't let people know you don't read so must react with hostility to throw them off your scent.

Normalfags gonna normal. Books as decorations make you look suave and all sophistical like. Video games for decorations are lmao virgin nuurddd.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.