[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone in Uni here? Can robots become normies there or will I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: tfw.jpg (57 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
57 KB, 600x800
Anyone in Uni here? Can robots become normies there or will I be destined to no friends and tfw no gf?

It might be the only chance to fix my life lads.
>>
>>28312819
Depends on what you gonna learn. If you fall/fell for the STEM meme, I have bad news for you.
>>
>>28312832
Does Biology count as falling for the STEM meme?

Seems like a normie-tier science. There will be jobs r-right?
>>
>>28312874
Biology is the most normie-tier STEM degree, so yeah.

What I meant by STEM meme is that there are hardly any women, and even the ones that are there are ugly or trannies or have mental illness. And besides all this, in ME there are 5 females for 100 males, or in EE there are 2 females for 100 males. If you're not the hottest chad among fedora tippers, you're out of luck.

Biology is alright tho. Plenty of women.
>>
>>28312965
Yeah when I visited one of the unis most of the biology applicants were qts. Kinda intimidating for a robot though desu.
>>
File: 128764321.jpg (474 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
128764321.jpg
474 KB, 1280x720
I just graduated and you have 1 chance
at freshman orientation at your dorm you need to make at least 3-4 friends
if you are in STEM this is about 20x more important because everyone in your classes will be autists that keep to themselves

if you fail to make a friend or group of friends in the first semester that will get you invited to parties and other shit, you have failed and you will probably not be anything but a robot for the rest of college

I failed it, I lost contact with people my first semester, roommate moved out, and I never made any friends or was invited to any parties for the rest of my time in school
>>
>>28313058
Does it help to have normiebook? I don't have one.
>>
>>28312819
If you're a legit robot, uni will mainly serve to highlight just how outcast you are.
>>
>>28313086
that's where they organize the biggest parties and generally where they keep in touch so yeah
>>
i am in uni too, second semester, a bitter virgin that can act normie to an extent.
i am taking computer engineering, mostly to program.
you are taking biology? i do not know what a stem is, maybe i know by other name on my language.
>>
>>28313164
STEM=
Science
Technology
Engineering
Mathematics
>>
>>28313164
STEM is Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths.
>>
>>28313089
Eh, actually I'm gonna take this back because it's a very bitter way to look at things.

OP, take >>28313058's advice. I couldn't keep up with the Chads I was living with in my first year and that was my main chance to be a normie. I don't entirely regret it because I just didn't like them. Don't lose hope if you end up in a similar situation, as you can always move (houses, I mean, not university) in your second year and your new roommate(s) will kind of be obliged to introduce you to their friend circle.

But do make an effort to be social with the people you live and study with early on, because most of the time that's when friendships are made.
>>
File: 1462005513851.png (178 KB, 519x647) Image search: [Google]
1462005513851.png
178 KB, 519x647
>3 years in now
>two friends, we all talk about suicide daily
>not a single party
>still a virgin
Yeah OP its fucking fantastic
>>
If you go, make sure you join atleast one society, and attend regularly in first year (pro tip: it doesn't count) There will be some that are probably better for robotos, where you can befriend other robotos but just give shit a go. no one remembers who you are if you sperg and never show up again. I've found that cricket, is bretty good. I guess they're kinda normie, but nice guy normie, not chad, and you don't have to be good at cricket to get on well at a cricket society (other sports seem very elietist (sp))
>>
>>28313086
If you don't have FB get it before uni if you want any semblence of a social life outside of your room. It's where you'll find out about EVERYTHING that's happening
>>
I'm in the exam period for my first year, failing normie STEM fag btw
>be me
>start uni
>hang around with guy I know
>he has friends doing our course
>hang with them, they're cool, everything is fine for semester 1
>0 parties or shit since STEM is full of autists and we all live at home
>semester 2, friends stop turning up for lectures
>depression kicks in again and I rarely show up
>literally didn't interact with anyone except for the few times friends and I had to show up for tests
>mostly due to the fact my choices are turbo autists, ugly chicks, only normal people stuck in groups and interacted with literally no one outside their 4-6 friends
Worth nothing the people I hung around with were chads and stacies
So yeah Op tons of sex and fun awaits
>>
did anyone ever find the pic of her with feet?
>>
Can a semi-failed normie who actually enjoys and craves social interaction become a full normie at university?

Here's my current situation

>High school was a shithole for me. Got diagnosed as aspie at 13, everyone bullied me, had no friends
>In the last two years I shaped up, got friends, stopped being bullied
>Now have a large social circle and social skills improved vastly
>Most of my current friends are nerdy/awkward and introverted
>I'm really bored of video games so I'm growing apart from them
>Want to go out and experience the world but current friends prefer to stay inside
>Going to uni a bit late, will be 20, got confirmed place for this September

And

>Kissless virgin
>Have had multiple opportunities to get a GF/sleep with women but fuck them up every time
>Too awkward to initiate, basically have a fear of intimacy

What's the prognosis, robots? Can I make the final step and become a normie with a healthy sex life at uni?
>>
Easy mode, join Greek life. I'm in one, and their usually desperate to get more people. Literally all you have to do is act normal and be friendly and chances are you'll get in. Once your in, you will unlimited access to alcohol, women, and other shit. You don't even need to show up to everything. Go to party on weekends for free beer and try to get laid. If your brothers are cool they will help you get laid. If you don't like it, ditch the party and go play vidya
>>
>>28316001
I'm >>28315813
You're in a sorta similar situation to what I was in , live in dorms and go to freshers week, try to be really sociable with people that look like they'd be cool and join clubs and you hopefully won't go down my path.
>>
>>28316001
Just give yourself as many opportunities to meet people as possible in the first few weeks. The first few weeks are great because literally nobody knows anyone and everyone is too busy trying not to fuck up themselves to notice if other people fuck up.

Do shit with your housemates over freshers, join societies and shit when university starts. Just give yourself as many options as possible as uni. Everyone is looking for literally anyone to spend time with over the first few weeks

Hell, one of the guys I spoke to most at uni is just a guy who I held a door for in our first lecture of year 1. It's the easiest time of your life to get on the normie train
>>
>>28313086
If you don't have a normiebook the normies will see this as a huge red flag and think you're fucking weird bro
>>
>tfw uni fag
>Spend every 2 weeks I spend at uni wasting time and looking forward to when I can go back home for the weekend
>rinse and repeat

Any other robots share these feels?
>>
>>28316308
At the end of first year I was like that. I'd skip all my lectures all week and then go back home for the weekend. I actually found stuff to do in second year, tho, so I stopped going home at weekends
>>
>>28316343
I go to my lectures but otherwise I just wank all day and watch bullshit youtube videos. What kind of things?
>>
>>28316390
I met some guys at a film society social before the year started. We never went to the society after that but we kept hanging out at weekends to watch films.

ended up living with them for final year
>>
>>28316233
>>28316222
Thanks lads. By your advice I should be alright.

>The first few weeks are great because literally nobody knows anyone and everyone is too busy trying not to fuck up themselves to notice if other people fuck up.

Hope this is the case. I'm really trying to prepare myself so that I don't fall into the same traps as I did at school. At school I made the mistake of getting too comfortable with my one friendship group, which was good in a way because it meant I got invited to everything they did, but it also meant I got stuck within a bubble and I couldn't speak to anyone else in my year properly.

I'm also trying to overcome my submissive personality. Years of bullying conditioned me into that. In my friendship group I end up as the butt of a lot of jokes/banter and have a hard time asserting myself over people. I REALLY don't want this to repeat at uni.
>>
>>28316106
>be ugly weak uncharismatic
>small chance of being accepted
>months of hazing
>years of humiliation from "brothers" from being ugly weak and uncharismatic
>tiny chance of getting laid
>>
if you're a robot, high chances are you will stay one even entering uni. But as others said, the first few days/maaybe weeks are vital to getting into a new social circle.
>>
>>28312819

You're right, it is the only opportunity to fix your life. Become a clunge sponge at uni, or forever be that weird guy at work who doesn't get invited out for drinks after work.

I fucked it all up, and developed terrible anxiety problems and my life has been solidly shit since the end of uni.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.