[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am i a degenerate if a need several cups of coffee to be functional
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: Health_effects_of_caffeine.svg.png (1 MB, 2000x1666) Image search: [Google]
Health_effects_of_caffeine.svg.png
1 MB, 2000x1666
Am i a degenerate if a need several cups of coffee to be functional and avoid depression?
>>
>>28312250
it's just coffee
real degeneracy is when people smoke tobacco and poison the air around everyone else with their vaporized emphysema
also,
>lower risk of cardiovascular disease
>lower risk of diabetes
>increased metabolic rate
is this true?
>>
>>28312318
caffeine does increase your metablism and i'm guessing as a result would lower diabetes risk and cardiovascular disease
>>
>>28312360
is literally the ultimate lifehack bros
after 2 cups of coffee i dont feel depressed or any of that bullshit
i can concentrate on all my classes and dont procastinate anymore
is like having the energy of a 12 y/o again
>>
nah, my dude.

I work at 5 in the morning, make myself a thermos and a half worth of coffee, drink before 10 AM, then work through two small Monsters or one big monster before noon, when I get off.

I've been doing this routine for five years now, six days a week. I need it to function, and honestly I think the cumulative caffeine withdraw would literally kill me if I stopped
>>
>>28312417
Damn, I need some serious dose of adderall to get this. Be happy anon.
>>
>>28312453
>cumulative caffeine withdraw
is this a thing?
>>
>>28312250
i feel it's a bit degenerate when people do the whole
>don't even talk to me until i've had my coffee!
thing, as though it's an excuse as to why they're acting like a cunt in the AM. drinking it in itself is fine. I definitely feel you on drinking it to fight against depression. it ramps up anxiety, but at least i can do -something- after i drink it

>>28312318
I've heard of it helping with those things before, but only with "coffee," not strictly caffeine. iirc, a couple of those studies mention that they're not certain if it's the caffeine itself that's helping, or if the other ingredients in coffee contribute too
>>
>>28312250
Coffe helps your depression? You're lucky, doesn't fix shit for me.
>>
>>28312472
>adderall
would love to get my hands on some
is it like cocaine for non-degenerates?
>>
youre an addict, and addicts are all degenerates. deal with it
>>
>>28312250

coffee is good, i will have to drink a cup tonight just to fill my quota
>>
>describing things as "degeneracy"

Chances are, if you use this to describe every tiny deviancy from what you consider normal, you're an insufferable, useless faggot that deserves the rope.
>>
>>28312492
maybe you have tolerance or something
i dont know what im gonna do when coffee stops working for me
probably kill myself
>>28312490
i dont really get the anxiety thing
i get anxiety when i feel dumb, and fear other people will notice it
but after drinking coffee im full awaken so no slow behavior = no anxiety
idk if that makes sense
sorry for my bad english
>>
>>28312479
>is this a thing?
no
>>
>>28312479
gods i hope not
>>
>>28312417
i don't wanna make you worry, but how long have you been drinking coffee? i felt the same thing for the first ~year. I'd even be able to reach proper euphoria for an hour or two after 1-2 cups. it seriously was comparable to adderall/vyvanse, albeit for a much shorter time.

i eventually hit a point where the negative effects built up quicker than the positives. it was so bad, that even if i hit that euphoria point, the anxiety and weird-bad body feelings outweighed it by a considerable amount, instead of just being a small nagging itch.

be careful, because it can/may get to the point where drinking coffee brings you right into proper anxiety
>>
>>28312546
i think /pol/tards overuse the term
but you cant deny some people are really degenerates
i dont think someone who uses drugs is a degenerate by definition
just wanted some (You)'s
>>
>>28312605
>negative effects
like what?
>>
>>28312578
>but after drinking coffee im full awaken so no slow behavior = no anxiety

hmm, what happened to me when my tolerance peaked (im >>28312605) was coffee woke me up, but it made my brain dumb-fast with worries. instead of worrying about 1 thing at a time, i'd start simultaneously worrying about multiple things and jumping between groups of stuff.

>>28312670
like jitters, sweating, headaches, fast/pointless thoughts, anxiety stuff, etc. when i first drank coffee, 1-2 cups was euphoric goodness, and 3-4 was where i felt bad/weird. it was easy to not cross the line. .

later on, i didn't start feeling euphoria until I hit the bad/weird point, which pretty much nullified the good parts. to me, the tolerance to the good effects builds up much quicker than the tolerance to the bad ones, but it might be different for ya
>>
>>28312766
>but it made my brain dumb-fast with worries. instead of worrying about 1 thing at a time, i'd start simultaneously worrying about multiple things and jumping between groups of stuff.
yeah im like that by default + being lazy (le depression life is meaningless :c ) so coffee euphoria is my only salvation
>jitters
got them without coffee
>sweating
by default too unless i use a really strong
antiperspirant
>fast/pointless thoughts
got them by default
>anxiety stuff
>>
I used to drink it but caffeine always affects my sleep and since I've stopped drinking it I actually dream when I sleep which I've never been able to do since I was a kid
>>
>>28312954
who the fuck cares about dreams nigga life is about getting recognition and money and to get that you need to be as fast as possible and thats what coffee is for sleeping is for wagecucks
>>
>>28313002
Coffee is literally wagecuck juice you faggot

A robot enjoys his dreams more than his life
>>
>>28312250
All drugs take something out of you to produce something else. The effect you get now you pay for later.

Imagine how much you pay when you drink too much alcohol. How much do you pay when you smoke crack or shoot heroin? That shit fucks your life up just for tickly fee-fees.

Drugs like caffeine are realtively insignificant in these terms. You won't get cancer from it, you won't get diabetes, you won't get in a car accident, your teeth won't fall out, you won't get fat... you might just be a little nervous and then have an energy slump in the mid-afternoon each day.

I think that's worth the benefits, personally.
>>
So it's not just a meme that coffee works? I have actually never had coffee except for a sip of my Dads at Costco like five years ago.
>>
>>28313044
dreams are inside your life you fucking delusional idiot and they are like not even 1% of what happens in it
stay sleepy fag
also most wagecucks are normies who think coffee is evil and preffer they faggy "tea" which is literaly just a poseur-core hot drink
"coffee is literally wagecuck juice" is what mr shekelberg wants you to belive so you dont get to be 100% of your potential
cuck
>>
>>28313118
It will give you dry mouth and coffee breath though
>>
>>28312885
i mean, keep drinking up. I still drink coffee almost daily despite the diminished effects, but tolerance breaks help a lot. just keep an eye on it. it took about 4-5 months of daily, ever-increasing consumption before it start to happen to me. it might be sooner, later, or never for you though.

>by default

i get where you're coming from, but it can add onto how bad it already is. like, I'd have days where my anxiety was maybe a 4 or 5. kinda sucked, but it was manageable. drinking too much coffee could ramp it up to a 9 or so and render me useless for 4-6 hours because i'm in fight-or-flight mode. I'd sweat in shaded, 62 degree, air-conditioned rooms and start having to use two hands to hold the cup, lest i spilled it from the shaking.

>>28313044
>A robot enjoys his dreams more than his life

jej, every dream i've had in the last 2-3 years has been a horde-creature scenario in which everyone turns on each other (and me) before we all die. I'd rather focus my escapism on tangible things that I enjoy vs non-consequential dreamland stuff.
>>
>>28312417

the caffeine highs give me energy just like antidepressants but the lows are hell and I feel like a zombie without caffeine. I know that's not exactly uncommon but the lethargy from caffeine dependence is extremely pronounced if you have depression.
>>
>>28312501
adderall is pretty degenerate desu but its always fun
>>
>>28313168
>antidepressants
top kek
that was your fatal mistake
the jews changed the way your brain works with those pills
>>28313157
all my dreams are just me having a cute gf then i wake up and i cant literally feel the happiness exiting my body
jdimsa
>>
>>28312250
at that point you might as well just start doing a real drug anon
even something like kratom will be more effective and efficient than just downing cups of coffee, and that's not even illegal
>>
>>28313044
nigga do you live in some iron curtain hell hole where drinking coffee is illegal except at work? in freedom land you're able to drink coffee before playing vidya games or watching anime or whatever bullshit you like to do at home.

it just happens to make wagecucking more bearable. don't you think folks would be drinking beer, smoking bowls, etc. at work if it was allowed? i sure as fuck would, but i'll gladly take a mild-to-moderate stimulant instead, especially when it's provided for free
>>
>>28312250
If you drink that much coffee, you will be totally tolerant to caffeine in that quantity. So you could just give it up/drink decaf and you'll be the same after a bad few days.
>>
>>28313247
>don't you think folks would be drinking beer, smoking bowls
i wouldnt
non-benzo depressants make me slow and non-functional, i think me starting doing them when i was 14 is the reason why im so fucked up and have mental problems
but i was pretty sad all the time before so...
>>
>>28313247
It's always wagecucks who say they "need muh coffee" to "be productive"
>>
>>28313234
i dont know where to get real drugs
i dont have money neither
if anything i would be doing microdoses of psychedelic RC's
>>
>>28312318

>lower risk of cardiovascular disease
>lower risk of diabetes
>increased metabolic rate

It also reduces your risk of alcohol-induced cirrhosis.
>>
>>28312453

>caffeine withdraw

It actually only takes about three days for your body to bounce back to pre-caffeine levels. That's the nice thing about caffeine; it metabolizes quickly and gets out of your system in no time.
>>
>>28313283
i get what ya mean, but those were just a couple examples. doing lines of blow/speed could substitute either of 'em.

>>28313284
i guess it's just another type of cuckery, but i only really hear caffeine stuff from students. wagecucks like to talk about alcoholism very casually though
>im ready to head home bro. i got a 12 pack waiting for me
>oh my gosh karen, i can't wait to get home and drink some wine

where "some" wine is a whole bottle, that they drank alongside a six pack of light-beers. i mean, i drink a lot too, but it's crazy how open co-workers can be about getting fucked up on a consistent basis. i even had a warehouse manager that frequently told us about how well he slept after mixing vicodin and beer.
>>
I cant stand caffeine, after it wears down whether its coffee, energy drinks etc. I get shivers and feel light-headed and start to sweat like hell.
Weird thing is I dont drink caffeine regularly at all, maybe like once a week.
>>
>>28313432
>doing lines of blow/speed could substitute either of 'em.
yeah
and also dig a hole in my brain
im already retarded enough so no thanks
>>
>>28313525
This, and it gives me brain fog
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.