[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to start a new hobby. Is 40k Warhammer a good hobby? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: die for the emperah.png (190 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
die for the emperah.png
190 KB, 500x419
I want to start a new hobby.
Is 40k Warhammer a good hobby?
I really like the memes of it.
>>
>>28311269
Same, it looks good from memes but haven't gotten into it, bump
>>
expensive as dicks, but fun
>>
>>28311269
Play the games first, the original Dan of War plus expansions. Also browse the Lexicanum, it's a lot of fun by itself.
>>
>>28311269
Yes. It's fun.

Buy a few books (or just dl them), a few models you think look cool (don't buy a lot of models at first.) and some paints and try it out.
>>
>are you under 14?
>are your parents rich?
>do the girls say you smell and laugh at you?
if the answer is yes, then go for it.
if no to any, take up something useful like electronics, coding or cooking jesus fuck
>>
>>28311269
Pay to win
Way too expensive figurines
Wait for 3D printing to become more common
>>
File: CIMG6799.jpg (318 KB, 525x700) Image search: [Google]
CIMG6799.jpg
318 KB, 525x700
>>28311312
this
those little bastards are so expensive. i think most garage kits are cheaper for the size
i want to get into painting models but can never find the time/money
>>
>>28311425
Buy models on ebay and strip the paint.

Can save a lot doing that.
>>
>>28311269

If you like to read, black library has some really good stuff on it (if you have an iPhone whatever their stuff is in the book app)

I would recommend starting with 25 for 25 which is a bunch of shorter stories.

After that most, if not all, of the Horus heresy primarch books are great (especially A Thousand Sons).

The entire Uriel Ventris saga is good too.
>>
>>28311377
You know, you don't have to go full autism just because you like 40k.
>>
>>28311269
No it's a colossal waste of money.
It was a colossal waste of money when I got into it ten years ago and it's even more of a colossal waste of money today.

Buy a musical instrument instead if you want to waste money on a pointless hobby.
>>
>>28311499
Which one is better? Guitar or piano?
Considering I have to teach myself.
>>
>>28311658
That's entirely up to you and what interests you.
Ask yourself what do you want to play and why?
Piano will probably be more difficult to learn though as you gradually have to teach your hands to do two different things at once. Then again do you really want to be "that guy with the guitar"?

It's all up to you.
>>
>>28311820
>have to teach your hands to do two different things at once
>unlike guitar

Anon...
>>
>>28311658
Out the two Id say guitar is best.
>>
I started playing guitar when I was sixteen, almost purely because I wanted to get youtube upboats
10 years on still not tight enough to impress even the biggest pleb
honestly, I think it is something you can do or not do, because I have put the hours in
>>
Personally I couldn't afford 40k. So I did 3D modeling instead. Pretty sweet.

But I guess you can't play with your mates.

Unless you 3D print your models now. That'd be really cool.
>>
Its probably the last real "nerdy" fandom . Normies don't even touch it, even ironically(and it is super awesome because of it).
>>
>>28311658
Depends on the style: you can teach yourself to play some guitar quite easily; learning advanced jazz/classical is more difficult though.

If you want to play piano you should get a teacher.
>>
>>28311495
this is something only a beta warhammer player would say
>>
>>28312097
Real board games,.
Well I was gonna make a supplementary list for you but I ran out.
Fuck.
>>
The hobby is expensive but also a lot of fun. Go on the website and look at the backstory of each faction and find wich one suits you. I'd recommend then checking ou eBay and buying the models. I personally play tau, guard, orcs, chaos.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.