[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what age did you drop out and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_nmls9tshpg1smsmqro1_500.gif (1 MB, 460x368) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmls9tshpg1smsmqro1_500.gif
1 MB, 460x368
At what age did you drop out and why?
>>
>>28310575
17, we moved across the country and couldn't adjust to new environment, then I dropped out of college after a year and now I work, much happier now
>>
Dropped out of life? 10
>>
>>28310575

I was always quite introverted and never had that much friends. .There really wasn't a specific age, it's just become worser and worser over the years, to the point where I don't want any human contact.
>>
>>28310622
What's your job? What do you do? How is it better than getting a collage degree?
>>
Mom died and i sunk into deep depression. My father kind of gave up on me going because id be too fucked up or hung over to get out of bed.
>>
I have a Bachelor's.
>>
Have a bachelor's degree, but I would've been better off dropping out of high school, considering all the debt and lack of job prospects I have.
>>
I never really cared about school. Once I got to middle school I stopped doing any work and rarely showed up, then by the time I was a freshman in high school at 15 or so I only showed up when I felt like it. I dropped out later that year.

I was so depressed around that time, I saw no point in going to school. I wasn't learning anything and I knew that I'd end up dropping out at some point or killing myself. Eventually, my mother kicked me out and I had no choice but to drop out.

About 6 years later and it still doesn't matter. I'd rather be in my current position than working some shitty job or wasting more time trying it all over again in college.
>>
>>28310575
6, everything was a lie. still is but I can enjoy it now ^^
>>
17 was failing everything so just said fuck school
>>
>>28310575
>Unsupportive and abusive parents
>Friends hate me or run from me (no I'm not a creep)
>suffocating college experience where I would speak for nearly 12 hours while having extremely exhausting commutes
Ironically I was on the path to success before everything went downward before my 19th birthday
I envy people with good parents. I swear if I was with any other family they would be so happy theyd cry and thank God and I would be working for prestigious companies if not running them.

Whatever
>>
19 (College).

I knew I was going to drop out in October but I had already paid for the full year so I just switched all my classes to generals and coasted the second semester.

Looking back on it I knew I wasn't mature enough because I spent all my time locked in my room playing video games, and I switched my major 3 times.

All my friends who stayed in are about to graduate though
>>
>>28311274
Fucking typos
I WOULDN'T speak for 12 hours a day
Friends hated me BECAUSE of my parents
>>
>>28310575
22(college)
My car broke down and I had noone who could take me. It sucks ass because I could've gotten at least a B out of the classes maybe even an A. Now I'm doing internet work until I can get a new car.
>>
File: 1460393350050.jpg (114 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
1460393350050.jpg
114 KB, 1252x1252
right now I'm dropping out
>>
21, hadn't gotten luck at getting hired anywhere so I couldn't afford books or even money for a bus, nobody in my house wanted to give me rides so I stopped registering after that semester finished up
>>
not yet, but almost
cons:
>have to pay a shit ton (law school) or never fail to not lose scholarship
>be around normies and stacies everyday
>feel like a child because most people there are my age and have jobs which they use to pay for school
>group projects
>anxiety attacks whenever I have to talk
pros:
>the subjects and two of the teachers are kinda cool and I actually learn something instead of old karl marx and Locke
or
>have some comfy job without much human contact
>money
>with money comes normie clothes, money for gas, etc = independence = feel like an adult
>dont have to go with mommy to buy clothes and everything = better self esteem
>chance at learning a trade and eventually opening my own place at the business
>chance at human contact so lose autism
cons:
>0 charisma for intervew, 0 experience or training, 0 network to set me up
idk, a lot of "robots" here have jobs but they're also normies who have gfs
sorry for blog I literally dont talk to anyone
>>
>>28310684
With bong in hand?
>>
File: 1424251212278.jpg (31 KB, 410x351) Image search: [Google]
1424251212278.jpg
31 KB, 410x351
>>28311510
>Sexual intimacy
You mean when I jerk off and I am alone?
>>
>>28310575
College wasn't right for me. (My only gf ever cheated on me and left me for him. Fuck being able to do homework in a spiral of depression!)
>>
17, social anxiety led to depression which ultimately led to me not bothering going any longer. gone back to school since and only have a few courses left until i get my diploma. i want to continue and do something in STEM, fuck humanities though
>>
I never dropped out of school but I guess you could say I dropped out of society by being a neet and now I'm suffering for it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.