[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I never thought browsing /r9k/ would me me snap out of my constant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Holy shit.png (80 KB, 1328x460) Image search: [Google]
Holy shit.png
80 KB, 1328x460
I hope i don't cause you any pain by posting this but holy shit,

I keep complaining about my downfall ,i kept telling myself "Nobody who had great potential and a bright future lost it all because of something out of their control"but i wouldn't have been able to handle that handle that. You are extremely strong, you didn't reply back but if you want to talk to someone please leave your contact info here.

Wtf have i fucking been doing with my only fucking life

I don't have fucking brain cancer. I'm still able to become something even tho i ended up wasting 5 years in medschool , i thought my situation was a bad fall from grace (former dean's list med student who had 2 years of intense sickness followed by major depression and having to drop out)but that was just me being a little fucking bitch.

I'll save your post bro to remind me that i got nothing to complain about and that i should always stay strong during the toughest times.I have to live life. I wish you the fucking best bro, i sincerly wish you the fucking best

Making a thread just to post this,some of you who thought you had it bad may get a wake-up call. If it had no impact on you,no need to come here and whine. Some lurkers might realise how good they have it

Sorry , it may appear like a dick move (it is not my intention at all but getting a lesson from someone's misfortune is something to feel guilty about) but you were my wake up call and i FUCKING HOPE things get better for you.

In any case,bro,i don't know how i can help but the very least i can do is listen to everything you're holding inside. You helped me realize i had it good and that "my fall from grace" was a fucking joke,just for that,i owe you a lot.
>>
fagg
>>
>>28310005
good on you bruh you're gonna make it
>>
>>28310005

saw that post, too. brutal.
>>
>>28310005
I'm right here, man. I'm often slow to respond but I would like to talk more. Hit me up on Steam:

"Pepe's Secret Sauce"
www.steamcommunity.com/id/tastetheflavor

Even better if you play Rocket League as well.
>>
>>28310325
>I don't have steam or any games on this laptop

Can i just download steam without any games just to talk? like some sort of skype? Because i have skype too
>>
you cant compare suffering, you know that right? its all relative to the individual. so some girl that broke up with her bf could be suffering just as much as the dude dying of brain cancer. i know that sounds like bait but its the truth.
>>
>>28310513
You can use it to socialize, but I think you have to spend a minimum of 5 bucks to add people, but they can send you a request. And yes you can message and talk on it.
>>
>>28310325
This isn't a joke, btw. My goofy sense of humor keeps me going (coping mechanism).

Hey, I'm glad that my struggles have inspired you to deal with your own. Adjusting to a "new normal" really sucks. The sense of loss sucks. But if you were smart enough to get into medical school... you will find other opportunities that aren't so bad. The same applies to me.

In situations like this, you really do have a choice between giving up and fighting hard. Those are your only real options. If you want to regain your life... you need to work hard. It's tough. I'm still working on being tough. You are probably much tougher than you give yourself credit for.
>>
>>28310513
Why don't you give me your contact info and I will contact you?
>>
>>28310626
brain cancer guy here.

you are absolutely correct.
>>
>>28310005
The thing is, its all relative.
Nobody on this board has it as bad as some naked, starving third world kid.

The doesn't somehow make our own problems go away, nor does it delegitimize them.
In fact, it can make things worse, since instead pf trying to get help you just try to power through it.
>>
>>28310626

At this point i decided to believe that it's a choice

I can tell myself
>Ah, he had it bad ,way worse than me
>But i had it bad too, someone having it way worse doesn't delegitimize my suffering

and go back to being a aimless self pitying Neet

But i won't do that.

This guy lost more than i had. His reason to be in that state is 10000x more legit than mine. I can use that as a tool to become stronger, WAYY stronger and tell myself that i should make the best out of my life and out of the opportunities i have. Or i can ignore all of that and continue to self-pity

I choose the first one. I won't let my only life go to waste, i have it good. I don't care if i have it worse than many but the fact that i have it better than some gives me enough reasons to pull myself together

I'm not sure where to go from now on. Going back in the past is not possible, staying mediocre is not an option.I don't know if i can still become a doctor ,i don't know if i can become a pharmacist or an optometrist

But one thing is sure. Moving fowards is the only thing i can do. Finding a way out, is the only thing i should spend all my energy on.

I thank the guy with all my heart
>>
>>28311272
Your making a false dichotomy here.
Accepting you are in pain, and that that pain can't be delegeitimized, doesn't= wallowing in pity.
Accepting the pain and getting help is also an option.

The problem is, people often use the "Well, somebody else has it worse" phrase as a means of dismissing others (or their own) problems. That is wrong.
>>
>>28310005

He choose the good picture
>>
>>28311356
Sorry i'm talking about myself. It's just to say that i'm not going to pity myself
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.