[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you read critical theory?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12
File: RobotAdorno.jpg (50 KB, 600x406) Image search: [Google]
RobotAdorno.jpg
50 KB, 600x406
r9k, these are your authors. read them. instead of blaming stacies, chads or roasties you will see the light. and feel good about being an outsider and outcast. you'll still be sick of the modern world, but feel better about yourself.

first read:
Theodor W. Adorno

then look into:
Herbert Marcuse

thank me later. the most inspiring stuff i've ever read and somehow made me feel, like i'm not the only one out there feeling like i do.

most of you are just idiots wo want to belong though. but maybe this is your last chance to stop being like that.
>>
>>28308348

This is literally what SJW and Feminism is based on.

Fuck off, shill.
>>
>>28308359
damn, I really hate people
>>
>>28308359

This.

Op is fucking hilarious. He might even realize that actual "SJW" and feminism isn't exactly what he thinks it is, and his thinking has been carefully shaped by media to believe in a caricatured boogeyman of such.

I thought most people here knew that when we talked about stacies, chads and roasties, that we were making fun of boards like /pol/ that simplify reality into digestible fictions.
>>
File: BasedMarcuse.jpg (67 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
BasedMarcuse.jpg
67 KB, 850x400
>>28308359

kek you're a reatrd. reading /pol memes but never read their work
>>
>>28308435
Hello Anita, how's your career as a professional feminist going? I really respect you btw.
>>
>>28308435

kek, a big part critical theory is about the influence and self censoring of the media and how they are manipulating our minds.

ITT: people who never read one dimensional man.
>>
I'm a white male racist and sexist will I learn how to better win against the enemies of the west?
>>
File: BTFO.jpg (193 KB, 1000x464) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.jpg
193 KB, 1000x464
>>28308435
>>28308488

pic related and also btfo
>>
>>28308435
>making fun of /pol/
>believing in media conspiracies

this irony is THICC
>>
>Frankfort Institute Jews

Why does /pol/ have to be right about everything?
>>
>>28308548
This is correct, but it's hard to educate normies because they're very happy in their ignorance.
>>
File: anyintellectualsonhere.png (38 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
anyintellectualsonhere.png
38 KB, 600x400
>>28308575

>>28308575

why don't you read the things you hate on to see if your hate makes sense?

everybody saying those things have never actually read any work of them.
>>
>>28308348
any fiction? im not reading anything else
>>
>>28308619
You sound like a Muslim or Christian telling us "you just haven't read it" "you just don't understand it". We understand what it is, and what it represents rather well. I hate SJW communists, men and women are not equal, niggers are not equal, capitalism is the greatest engine of prosperity the world has ever seen.
>>
>>28308619
Explain yourself, sell me on these two people, why should I read them?
>>
File: Steppenwolf.jpg (134 KB, 736x1033) Image search: [Google]
Steppenwolf.jpg
134 KB, 736x1033
>>28308631

well, a fiction book i'd definetly recommend for anyone is Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse. especially for robots. pic related
>>
>>28308672
im not really fond of wallowing in my own condittion tho. I much rather read aboutr new worlds that challenge my sense of normalcy than read the quivalent of a mirror
>>
>>28308647
>Dude you just haven't read Evola yet lmao

>>28308435
Ok, and what do you think "SJWs" are?

>>28308348
Haven't read them yet, but Adorno was a fan of Beckett so I do plan on reading his aesthetic theory book (don't remember the exact title).
>>
File: 1448651319042.png (269 KB, 450x488) Image search: [Google]
1448651319042.png
269 KB, 450x488
>>28308348
Two Frankfurt school kikes?

Kindly take your Marxist horseshit elsewhere, these are the dimmest "intellectuals" of the modern world that deserve nothing less than a healthy dose of Zyklon B applied directly to the lungs.
>>
I don't have the time to read the material necessary to understand them.
>>
>>28308812
Don't bother, their material is intellectually bankrupt anyway.
>>
File: stc3bcrmer-karikatur-streicher.jpg (543 KB, 1374x1481) Image search: [Google]
stc3bcrmer-karikatur-streicher.jpg
543 KB, 1374x1481
>>28308348
Hmmmmmm, I wonder who could be behind this shitposter....
>>
File: funny.jpg (136 KB, 365x450) Image search: [Google]
funny.jpg
136 KB, 365x450
>>28308659

read the quotes in all the pics i've been posting.

the book "one dimensional man" is basically how technological rationality through capitalism has manipulated our needs and drives. we lost contact to our selfs. it lead to social alienation. they aren't saying any western system in the last thousand years has been better, but that our society is still pretty shit, but that technology has the possibility to free us. (no hard labour, no overlap of leasure and labour time). but the capitalistic system and its actors will hinder this development with their rationality of irrational.

wikipedia:

"Marcuse strongly criticizes consumerism, arguing that it is a form of social control. He suggests that the system we live in may claim to be democratic, but it is actually authoritarian in that a few individuals dictate our perceptions of freedom by only allowing us choices to buy for happiness.[3] In this state of "unfreedom",[4] consumers act irrationally by working more than they are required to in order to fulfill actual basic needs, by ignoring the psychologically destructive effects, by ignoring the waste and environmental damage it causes, and by searching for social connection through material items.[5]

It is even more irrational in the sense that the creation of new products, calling for the disposal of old products, fuels the economy and encourages the need to work more to buy more. An individual loses his or her humanity and becomes a tool in the industrial machine and a cog in the consumer machine. Additionally, advertising sustains consumerism, which disintegrates societal demeanor, delivered in bulk and informing the masses that happiness can be bought, an idea that is psychologically damaging."

critical theory is about negation. questioning basic assumption of the modern world. that we have to work 9 hours a day. that we have to have certain status symbols. that we need big cities destroying our environment.
>>
>>28308838

funny enough poltard, i'm a blonde haired, blue eyed german.
>>
Read dr. Seuss he's gr8 m8
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1598x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1598x1600
>>28308348
You fucking rats. You are the ones that caused this.
>>
>>28308348
This is the shit they fill college kids heads with no thanks.
>>
>>28308812

it doesn't take that much time to read. if you only want to read one book, read "one dimensional man". it's not that hard to understand. you have to be an attentive reader, but intensive reading like this is quite an experience.
>>
>>28308830
I'm willing to respect anyone that champions Schoenberg while criticizing Jazz. Adorno's work seems pretty fascinating.

I just lack the time and resources to familiarize myself with Hegel, Marx, Kant, etc.
>>
>>28308970
Jews hate the west because of historic persecution so they are effectively making it their slave and destroying it.
>>
>>28308940
I don't care if your last name is Hitler, cuck.
The Frankfurt school and the Jews have been pushing their malfeasance through Universities since you were in diapers and everyone is familiar with your kind.

Shecklestein has brainwashed you and now you feel obligated to share his vomit with us. Too bad we DON'T CARE!

This board isn't for politics whore.
>>
>>28308987

truth is, they don't. thats why i read them. they were and still are opposing the academical mainstream of positivsm.
>>
>>28308909
I agree with all this, only problem is I would hate my life if I didn't have entertainment which exists because of capitalism. Bit of a dilemma 2bh.
>>
>>28309004

being this much of a meme :^)

funny thing, the brainwashed retards by neckbeards youtube videos with tinfoil hats accuse others of being brainwashed.
>>
>>28309038
If memes keep people as far away from this Jewish mental poison as possible then I welcome them.
>>
>>28309006
They probably have some relevance in sociology and literary theory
>>
File: image.jpg (844 KB, 560x5800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
844 KB, 560x5800
>>28309003
>persecution
For a good reason.
>>
>>28309004
That marcuse guy is critisizing the litteral jewness of the world, how blind can you be?
>>
File: image.jpg (707 KB, 1608x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
707 KB, 1608x1600
>>28309006
>WE DINDU NUFFIN
Just end yourself.
>>
>>28309034

see the first quote. there is no right life in the wrong. or as the english translation says: wrong life can not be lived rightly.

i'm living contradictory too. but we all have the potential to change at least something, even if it doesn't change the world. and when we find someone similiar to us, to love and truly experience life with, we don't need all those materialistic and shallow entertainment anymore. i posted this after playing star wars battlefront 2, so i'm not any different there. but all i can say is, be content with who you are (a "loser" to society standards, but a winner for adorno :^) ). be content with being alone, dont crave normies attention and approval. cause you don't want to take part in this stupid society. but don't close your eyes from the few people that are like you. you may not change the world. but you could change your life for the better, together.
>>
>>28308940
I don't care if your last name is Hitler, cuck.
The Frankfurt school and the Jews have been pushing their malfeasance through Universities since you were in diapers and everyone is familiar with your kind.

Shecklestein has brainwashed you and now you feel obligated to share his vomit with us. Too bad we DON'T CARE!

This board isn't for politics whore.

Top man,you beat me to it.I'd like to buy you a beer but i'm skint.
>>
File: Eternal_Eliot.jpg (113 KB, 700x381) Image search: [Google]
Eternal_Eliot.jpg
113 KB, 700x381
>>28309120
>da jewz is classical capitalists and shit

Except they've also been at the forefront of every communist revolution ever? Fuck off roastie.
>>
>>28309101

of course they have relevance. but it's still an alternative niche at most unis. you'f be lucky to find a seminar about it.
>>
>>28309223

> the jews

because every jew is the same. god, your stupidity hurts.
>>
>>28309298
>generalizations be ebil n' shiet!

Why are you still here stupid Kike? All of you are the same as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>28309298
>not every single person fits a generalization so it must be false

please leave, roastie
>>
So have any of you /pol/tards read any of Frankfurt school or is your worldview based on .png you coped from /pol/ and took for granted? If you retards think that Frankfurt school is "SJW" you ought to follow practical eugenics, that is to say kill yourself so the general IQ of population increases as you are off the charts.
>>
>>28309387

kek, pol on suicide watch now.
>>
>>28309298
>>28309387
I swear to god i need those posts in my life to remain semi rational about those issues. /pol/ is contaminating my every thought too easily.
>>
>>28308619
>>28308909
Considering that this is not only 4chan, but /r9k/ of all places, siding with
>le intellectual meme
is suspicious enough. But this
>people who are materially successful are in fact inferior consumerist sheeple to the noble NEETs
shit is just going full fedora.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.