[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else really unnerved by our animalistic nature despite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 1457710455287.jpg (67 KB, 700x479) Image search: [Google]
1457710455287.jpg
67 KB, 700x479
Is anyone else really unnerved by our animalistic nature despite being human?
>we're complete slaves to our dicks just to fulfill our biological imperative
>the only reason we like other people is for the things they can provide us with (money, laughter, etc.)
>everything we do is ultimately for the sole purpose of releasing feelgood chemicals in our brains
>men are programmed to fuck as many women as possible while women are programmed to only fuck the top-tier Alpha males; love is biologocally nonexistent
I don't mean for this to come off as an edgy high-school-tier rant, but it just feels so wrong desu. We've come so far as a species but it seems like we haven't mentally progressed at all. I don't like feeling this way.
>>
I'm hoping humanity is at some kind of awkward adolescent phase and all of that will disappear in time

Things can't continue this way forever, that's just ridiculous.
>>
Will other animals ever gain sentience?

Like, when will the dolphins create an underwater society with armies and start a war with humans?
>>
>>28307349
GAS THE ORCAS SPECIES WAR NOW
>>
It's better to ignore these things.
>>
>>28307349
All mammals have sentience, and no they will most likely never start a war with humans because it is very likely in their primal instincts through centuries of experience to know how powerful humans are. Aside from that, it is quite presumptuous to project human warmongering to animals.
>>
>>28307497
>it is quite presumptuous to project human warmongering to animals.

>animals don't kill each other
>animals don't fight over territory
>animals don't fight over mates
>only humans are bad!!1!
>>
File: u1_978-3-596-90086-2[1].jpg (155 KB, 777x1181) Image search: [Google]
u1_978-3-596-90086-2[1].jpg
155 KB, 777x1181
>>28307185

Boy, do I know just the book for you!
>>
>>28307497
homo sapiens may have wiped out the neanderthals to exctinction.

>>28307185
I think about this shit every day. I'm just a slave to my nature overlord. Whether he is right or wrong, I must obey. Someday I'll rise up in my own way, maybe kill myself.
>>
>>28307185
We were never supposed to come this far as a species. Its already pretty good be where we are now despite the animalistic nature.
Also, no. Sex and masturbating is awesome and I want children really badly, even if it may be part of my animalistic nature. Who cares if I helped a nebulous notion of "mankind" if I can enjoy myself instead.
>>
Bump tbco
>>
What do you guys expect from us animals ? We will probably never move beyond this, maybe a small elite will at some point.
>>
>>28307185
you re a fucking retard. not even the shittiest humans are that much slave of their instincts.
>>
>>28308652
>hurr the human is an animal >technology and civilization doesnt count
>>
>>28307349
Sentience is the wrong word but I still understand what you mean.

I think that as long as humans exist no other animal will be able to compete with us simply because we will deem them a threat to us and wipe them out before they can harm us.
>>
File: 1420000440298.jpg (48 KB, 552x615) Image search: [Google]
1420000440298.jpg
48 KB, 552x615
>tfw ascended beyond such trivial things
>>
>>28307537
if there were a dog and a button and everytime the dog presses the button he would get food but at the same time 10000 dogs would get tortured and killed.
even if he would exactly know 1000 have to die because he pushes the button, he would still push the button everytime he wants some food, he would not care a single fuck about the other dogs.
he cannot even care, he is just an animal
>>
>>28308751
As if that would change the fact that humans are animals. Retard.
>>
>>28308715
They are. Subconscious of course.
>>
you know we like to think that as a species we've evolved massively but we're really only three generations away at most from living in caves again
>>
Well there was no evolution since the beginning of civilization. We are the same as the guys in the caves. And our brain is made for that life, thats why everything today is so fucked up.
>>
everything we do can be related one way or another to passing on our genes. I envy asexuals sometimes i wonder what it must be like to live with that kind of freedom
>>
>>28307185
Get castrated and then kill yourself.
>>
File: giphua21.gif (110 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphua21.gif
110 KB, 480x270
>2016
>/r9k/ still thinks there is free will
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.