[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else /passiveincomemasterrace/ ? >be 29(parents gave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: craftsman-style-house.jpg (1 MB, 3237x2518) Image search: [Google]
craftsman-style-house.jpg
1 MB, 3237x2518
Who else /passiveincomemasterrace/ ?

>be 29(parents gave me a deadline of 30 years old to leave home or start paying them )
>dropped out of high school at 15
>started working
>made $20k/year for 3 years
>saved only $40k
>got smart about savings
>got promotion now making $30k
>save $25k/year for 5 years
>23years old with $165k in the bank
>promoted again, making $40k/year
>save $30k for the next 6 years
>sitting on $345k which nets me yearly $17,250 of passive income adjusted for inflation.

Stopped working. live quietly in the room I was born in gaming, browsing, smoking, chilling. I give my parents all my money in exchange for the usual care i've always received(tendies included, not even joking).

They are older now and my father needs help with most of his daily activities so I spend about 3 hours a day helping him move, eat, go potty, etc.

They love me and respect me even though I am a KHV anime gamer. they will most certainly leave me the house when they die and around 200k in investments. That means when they die will be able to comfortably live indefinitely in my place.

pic related is very similar to our house in a comfy suburb in the pacific northwest.

I don't bother no one and no one bothers me.

The world is bad robot and we have to maximize comfiness for ourselves.

hope you find your comfy
>>
You made it.
Well played
>>
Whete do you work.
>>
>>28306500
Congrats on being born in 1'st world country.
>>
I did it too senpai. I live on cash and real estate investments i made working from ages 22-30. worth about 2 mil. spend my days sleeping, working out, smoking weed, getting massages, reading etc. I have no idea how anyone can report into a regular job everyday.
>>
>>28306500
My wife and I retired at 30, we make 140k a year tax free, its possible and its not as hard as everyone thinks
>>
I stumbled into a late night infomercial.

Tell me more!

How can I make money and retire before im 30!
>>
>Conduct disorder diagnosed at age 13
>In and out of psych wards and juvy my whole childhood
>Put in prison at age 19 for extortion/menacing/assault
>Got a 9 year sentence, was out in 3
Tell me op, how can an ex con who can't get a job live a comfy life? I could easily go back to my old life but it's just a guaranteed life in prison.
>>
>>28307003
You can't.

Best you can hope for is an honest lower middle class life jailbird.
>>
Ive been through 2 bankruptcies, can you help a person like me?
>>
>>28306873
Never have a wife, kids, or travel and hope your parents die so you can have their stuff.
>>
>>28307218
I feel that. I have to declare bankruptcy because I owe $250,000 in medical bills. Word of advice, don't get shot. Not only does it hurt, you will also go broke and in debt
>>
>>28307309
Shot and no insurance? Are you a Basketball American?
>>
>>28307309
>250 big ones for getting shot
Corporate america, ladies and gentlemen.

Literally should've just sterilised the wound and picked the bullet out yourself then eaten healthy to heal the damage.
>>
File: 1461117994250.jpg (76 KB, 800x440) Image search: [Google]
1461117994250.jpg
76 KB, 800x440
>>28307306
Yes, the apartment that they are renting so I won't get that. They declared bankruptcy and have very little money so I will get nothing from that. They have a shitty beat up Honda Civic that will go to my sister. That's about it. I don't think you richfags understand how easy you have it. You got to travel and go on vacations while I was stuck in a beat down apartment in a bad area. While you were eating nice food I was eating dollar store frozen "food." Now you get to inherit the riches of your parents to live comfy lives until you die. You can't be a robot if you're rich. Get the fuck off my board you rich scum! You will never know how we feel so just fuck off!
>>
>>28307329
Yes, my insurance paid for some but not all. A lot wasn't covered by mine. I was in the icu for 2 weeks and was life flighted in. The helicopter ride was $15,000 alone for a 10 minute ride.
>>
>>28307473
>$25/second for a helicopter ride

Was the helicopter made of fucking magic? Shit
>>
>>28307517
>>28307473
>$90,000/hour
Lol. An F-35 costs only $32,000/hour.
A fucking B-2 stealth bomber costs $135,000/hour
OP, you literally could have had a F-35 multirole strike fighter carry you to the hospital for 1/3 the cost
>>
>>28307473
Just tell us what you did to get shot.
>>
>>28307727
It's the insurance b/c of the lawyers. That's why healthcare is so expensive.
>>
>>28307420
Nope. It is easier to achieve robotness when you are idle. And being rich helps to be idle.
>>
Not rich parents but working towards it, OP

>Graduating in CS on Saturday with no debt
>Have an offer for a $65k job
>Need around $20k per year to maintain my lifestyle
>Probably going to have enough saved to finance that by the time I'm 35 if I get normal raises

It's a more normie way to get to the same place but like hell am I gonna work until I die like most people do
>>
>>28307727
those are less practical to land on a roof though. Or are they the VTOL ones?
>>
Sounds like you're hiding from the real world OP. You have one life on this planet and you're wasting it inside your room.
>>
>30k salary
>saves 25k per year

How did you manage to save so much every year? No rent/food/clothes/car expenses/entertainment?

Did your parents pay for literally everything for you?
>>
>>28307822
Normie, please. stop posting your maymays.
>>
>>28307797
good job m8
where you working?
$65k is honestly not very high in CS, even for a starting salary
>>
what's the best option dumping your money somewhere without paying attention to it? mutual fund?
>>
>>28306772
I dont think OP is in a first world country, he mentions.
>live quietly in the room I was born in

First world people are born in hospitals. He sounds like he might be in eastern europe.
>>
>>28307918
>Pacific Northwest

Probably Canada
>>
>>28307918
Russian here. We also have special hospitals for pregnant. But there are a bunch of people who practice delivering babies at their homes. They call it "traditional way". I call it "natural selection".
>>
I'm 26 now and I'm still working. I'm planning to climb corpo-ladder as much as I can though, it's fun. You can save a lot from decent salary if you barely have friends, low rent and no gf/prospective gf to speak of.
>>
>>28306500
Your parents will most likely live to be in their 90s.
You will also most likely have to sell the house and spend the investments to get them adequate medical care, that or a nursing home.
>>
>>28306500
You literally are living easy mode, as you were born in the US.

You could never do the same in Eastern Europe for example.
>>
File: 1396718048203.jpg (37 KB, 662x684) Image search: [Google]
1396718048203.jpg
37 KB, 662x684
>already tens of thousands in debt
>It'll only take 14 years!
>>
>>28307887

Statistics are inflated by Silicon Valley, where there is a huge localized inflation going on thanks to the fucked up housing market.
>>
>>28307043
Sick human right here.
>>
>>28308954
I live in the midwest, and as of last year the median starting salary for our CS graduates was about $75k
>>
Mad respect for you, op. You're living my dream. I'm trying my hardest to get $400k so I can live it up indefinitely. Family owns a 6 acre lot wint 2 houses, a 2 acre lot with one house, and a 0.75ish acre lot with a house. I have 6 brothers and sisters though so I'm not counting on it being much of a windfall. When the bad day comes I'll encourage everyone to either liquidate and split or buy out my share of things. I can be happy on just two acres and a 450sqft home innawoods. I kind of spun my wheels a few years paying off the last semester of uni for a worthless degree, $6k and degree held hostage. After I couldn't get a real job and only managed to knock off about 8k in student loans, buy a car, and put back 5k in emergency savings. I'm back in school to be a nurse now, 70k average salary in my state but I want to travel and take extra shifts. A few years saving 50k+ year should do it. I'll be retiring a little late around 36 or 37 but better late than never. One thing I have now is focus and drive. I plan to play farmer on my little homestead and maybe run workshops on homesteading, aquaponics, permaculture, and other hippy shit. Id finally have time to roid and eat big, so maybe yoga classes or PT. Something fun and hobby like to bring a little side income in. I'd rather let my nest egg sit and build before I start drawing. I guess I could be boring and just do agency work per diem as a nurse, 3 or 4 consecutive days a month is enough to live on, and wouldn't eat too much free time.

Seriously though, you're living my dream.

>>28306873

Read blogs like Mr money mustache, jlcollinsnh, and early retirement extreme. The premise is fairly simple, minimize spending, invest in broad US mutual funds, then withdraw no more than 4% a year. The 4% is based on trinity study for the maximum amount you can withdraw a year and newer touch the capital.
>>
>>28309051
reality is sick?
>>
>>28307849

I stay with my grandmother. Rent is yard work and other little things she needs help with. Food and utilities included. Car insurance is like $1.4k/yr because of clean record, gas is $15 or so a week, gym is $25 month. $5k/yr isn't unreasonable if your frugal. As for clothes I keep it simple, 5 black v necks, 5 white, a white poplin, a few oxfords in solid colors, 3 track shorts, 3 track pants, 1 jeans, 2 chinos, one suit, and an odd jacket. I can dress for the occasion anywhere except white tie or costume party. Underwear and socks are replaced as needed, say $20/yr.
>>
>>28309352
Much respect sounds like you have a great roadmap. All the best to you.
>>
>>28307918

I think home births are cool. Not that it will ever happen, but I'd want my wife to have a midwife instead of hospital. A few people I know from church hove done it.
>>
>>28308076

Nursing homes are dumb, it's cheap and better quality of life to die at home. Thanks to ss and medic(old people one) medical is cheap. Only irresponsible people die in debt and without at estate to bequeath. I get pissed off every time I hear about reverse mortgages. What kind of sick fuck thought that was a good idea?
>>
>>28307900
If you dont want to pay attention to it, find a low cost index fund with very minimal fees. Unless you're going to be really active with it, thats by far the best balance of risk/reward without having to work your ass off following it constantly.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.