[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rationally speaking, why wouldn't you commit suicide? >you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: CAzUGYDUMAAjm3x.jpg (22 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
CAzUGYDUMAAjm3x.jpg
22 KB, 500x375
Rationally speaking, why wouldn't you commit suicide?

>you don't fit in with society
>you will die in some 60 years
>you achieve no accomplishments in that time, only experiencing suffering and mild pleasure
>also, anti-suicide campaigning is survivor-biased

Why not end it all right now and embrace the inevitable?
>>
>>28305878
suicide hurts in most cases

Might as well make the most of your life since you're gonna die anyway.
Find something that makes you happy
>>
>>28305901
This. Death is extremely traumatic. You'd have to be in a very deranged state to actually try to go through with suicide. The more pleasurable choice is always to wait for the next meal, rest and sexual pleasure.
>>
File: nødløsning.jpg (108 KB, 780x500) Image search: [Google]
nødløsning.jpg
108 KB, 780x500
>>28305901
>suicide hurts in most cases
I have a solution for you
>>
>>28305954
Helium tank method is a meme
>>
Family.

Once all my family has passed away I will commit suicide. But I'd do it by going into dangerous situations, over dosing, hanging or shooting myself just seems too generic and over dramatic. I never understood why those who had decided to commit suicide didn't do it in a more exciting way. Maybe apathy got the better of them.

But I've had a few people in my life contemplate suicide and I've always been on the side of "if you feel its your time to go, then go". I hate that others guilt me away from suicide, but this is life. So I will live out these boring days until they are gone.

I wish people would just be more understanding and get that life isn't for everyone. I never asked to be born, so why should I be forced to stay?

I blame religion.
>>
>>28305954
>>28305978

carbon monoxide is also another peaceful way to go. And the helium method works the same way as carbon monoxide by replacing the oxygen in your blood with another chemical causing you to suffocate.

It works, you just don't want to force inhale a lot at once or you will explode your lungs. Slow and steady into the night.

There was a guy who killed his whole family including himself by running a gas generator indoors to heat the home. None of them ever felt a thing. Suffocation in their sleep.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 850x765) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 850x765
Mike stop being so sad. Be happy!
>>
10mg of fentynal IV, micrograms can can cause an overdose, milligrams is beyond fatal. You basically pull the power cord out with this method, your body turns off.
>>
>>28305878

Because if you end it now you are just a huge waste of resources.

More than 99% of humans have a life that is completely insignificant, and they are not making any change at all to the world around them. You are probably one of these people.

But you have reached this age, and thus have consumed Earth's resources for a certain amount of years. You also have consumed resources from society.

Now is the time to pay it back. Every people who commits suicide before their 60s does not help humanity to improve. Your miniscule work may not mean anything, but it still more valuable than a corpse for future generations.
>>
>>28305978
This. Helium tanks have been diluted for many years now, and the method here is by far not 100% guaranteed. If you do fail, it will be hell trying again.
>>
>>28306010
>I wish people would just be more understanding and get that life isn't for everyone. I never asked to be born, so why should I be forced to stay?
>I blame religion.

The weak are there to be exploited, to be represented, to be humiliated, to serve as a warning to children, to be shunned or goaded into making gaffes (or crimes) to then be judged, etc.

We serve an important role, anon. Without us, the strong could not lead the lives they feel befit them. We are the mute canvas that the truly brilliant and important people project their own beliefs and agency against.

The only way to make sense of your life as a robot is to keep what I wrote in mind and to think of society as an ecosystem rather than whatever democratic-minded bullshit you were taught. You are prey for the strong, and your function is to suffer so that they may take pleasure in your suffering as they toy with you. This is not a perversion or an injustice. It is the natural order of things, for it is good for everyone that the weak should suffer just as it is good for the strong to attain all of life's pleasures and triumphs, for suffering is submission and enjoyment is freedom.
>>
They should legalize suicide....tired of hearing about people not being able to.
>>
>>28305978
can anyone verify this?
>>
>>28306756

He is right and he is wrong. It's as verifiable as the Anarchist's Cook Book, dated methods from underground organizations who still think it's a good idea to advocate methods they don't know how verifiable it is.

Yes it works....so does drowning yourself because everyone who does it tells me it is a peaceful way to die.
>>
There is no rational reason.

I wish there was just a button I could press where I would die instantly with no mess being made. Every method of suicide either involves purchasing something that I don't have the money for, the possibility of fucking it up and ending up with brain damage, or excruciating pain. I'm too much of a pussy to deal with any of that.
>>
I only don't commit suicide because I know it would be turned into another propaganda piece for totally misunderstood anti-depression, or some other half-baked psychological malfunction, propaganda.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.