[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The better a person is at maths (and therefore knows how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: roulette.jpg (261 KB, 1600x1064) Image search: [Google]
roulette.jpg
261 KB, 1600x1064
>The better a person is at maths (and therefore knows how futile and biased gambling is) the more likely they are to gamble

Why is this?
>>
>>28304626
Probably because they enjoy numbers and statistics
>>
>>28304626
>The more anon plays games and masturbates all day the more he knows his life will be shit yet he still does this. Why is that?

Its called pleasure.
>>
>90% of schizophrenics smoke cigarettes
fucking WHY? somebody explain this shit to me
>>
>>28304682

Because they probably have deficiencies in acetylcholine, and the nicotine helps alleviate symptoms
>>
I'm skeptical about that. The only link I've heard of between brain and gambling is this: people who need more stimulation to release the same amount of dopamine are more likely to be problem gamblers.
>>
>>28304736
THANK YOU
og post
>>
>>28304626
Not saying it applies generally as OP claims but it does certainly apply to me.

I guess one reason is that it's fun to see the statistics simulated and demonstrated in a real scenario. This, with the prospect of winning money, makes it a lot of fun.
>>
>>28304626
because you made it up
>>
>>28304736
>deficiency in acetylcholine

Do you actually know what happens when you have that?

Immediate biological death.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.