[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/depression/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 16
File: red.jpg (22 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
red.jpg
22 KB, 620x465
Depression is humiliating.

It turns intelligent, kind people into zombies who can't wash a dish or change their socks. It affects the ability to think clearly, to feel anything, to ascribe value to your lifelong passions, your relative good fortune. It scoops out your normal healthy ability to cope with bad days and bad news, and replaces it with an unrecognizable sludge that finds no pleasure, no delight, no point in anything.

You alienate your friends because you can't comfort yourself socially, you risk your job because you can't concentrate, you live in moderate squalor because you have no energy to stand up, let alone take out the garbage. You become pathetic and you know it. And you have no capacity to stop the downward plunge. You have no perspective, no emotional reserves, no faith that it will get better. So you feel guilty and ashamed of your inability to deal with life like a regular human, which exacerbates the depression and the isolation.

If you've never been depressed, thank your lucky stars and back off the folks who take a pill so they can make eye contact with the grocery store cashier. No one on earth would choose the nightmare of depression over an averagely turbulent normal life. It's not an incapacity to cope with day to day living in the modern world. It's an incapacity to function. At all.

No one chooses it. No one deserves it. It runs in families, it ruins families. You cannot imagine what it takes to feign normalcy, to show up to work, to make a doctors appointment, to pay bills, to walk your dog, to return library books on time, to keep enough toilet paper on hand, when you are exerting most of your capacity on trying not to kill yourself.

Depression is real. Compassion is also real. And a depressed person may cling desperately to it until they are out of the woods and they may remember your compassion for the rest of their lives as a force greater than their depression.

Have a heart.
>>
>>28304116
Compassion doesn't heal depression nigga.

Also, melodramatic shit doesn't help it at all.
>>
>>28304116
Life is hard for everyone, it's just some people are more able to deal with it than others. That makes them better than the people who fall apart and they reserve the right to remind everyone of that fact.
>>
FIVE
I
V
E

STAR
T
A
R

S
T
>>
Does anyone else welcome the idea of an accidental death?
>>
>>28304339
Yeah, I do this pretty often as well. Mostly I just go to sleep hoping I don't wake up but when I find myself behind a semi carrying something big I hope that it falls off and kills me. Or when I'm in a bad area I wish I could get caught by a stray bullet or something. There's really tons of scenarios I've considered so you aren't alone in this mindset.
>>
>>28304339
It's like the easy way out. Nobody can hate you from dying to an unfortunate accident. People will hate you for suicide.
>>
>>28304257
Nobody is better than anybody else, we just exist. Our actions have no value.
>>
Nobody at all cares how depressed you are when you're alive, as long as you don't kill yourself. Now if I kill myself, then I'm just a huge selfish jerk who didn't think about anybody. Jerks...
>>
Depression is real. Most robots don't have it though.
>>
>>28304339
Recently someone (jokingly) held a knife to my throat and my first instinctual reaction was to start shouting, "DO IT FAGGOT DO IT."
>>
If the moods of normal people fall between "happy" and "sad", the moods of depressed people fall between "distracted" and "miserable". Some days I'm pretty okay. Well, not really okay. It's just that there's enough time for me to anesthetize myself on Netflix, video games, and other shit that doesn't do anything for me. It keeps my mind off of things. It keeps my mind off of trying to kill myself. It's pretty much exactly like taking painkillers. You know you're not okay, and you know the pain will come back no matter what, but what matters is that in that moment you're managing to not feel anything.
>>
>>28304484
That must've been a show.
>>
>>28304116

>depression is the worst thing ever

Fucking loser. Just get over it. You know there are people with actual problems out there, right?

Like no one in the world has ever said, 'oh well I might have cancer, but at least I don't sit around feeling sorry for myself, trying to get attention on 4chan'

Absolute weaklings.
>>
>>28304339
>>28304484
I ride a motorcycle, and I think part of the reason why is because there is a greater chance to die. I know it would suck for whomever hit me, so I'm not intentionally doing anything. I gave up on shooting myself because when I do finish it, I need it to look like an accident so my family isn't as crushed.
>>
>>28304563
Most depressed people have actual problems.
>>
>>28304606

Which they pretend are worse than they are.

If your wife dies, sure that's an acceptable reason.

If you're doing nothing but sitting on 4chan sad that girls won't talk to you, you're a faggot.
>>
You are a "hero" if you fight cancer and lose. You are "disturbed" if you fight depression and fail.
>>
>>28304665

You're a 'faggot' is you equate depression with cancer.
>>
>>28304665
People "battle" cancer. It's something everyone in the family is usually told about. People fund raise. You're basically superhuman if you've achieved the title of "cancer survivor". You cheated death! People never say "our family is battling depression at the moment". It's a lonely disease. You deal with it on your own, or you beg for help.
"Suicide survivor" makes people very uncomfortable. You're no hero. Most people in my family have no clue about my situation regarding mental illness. No one mentions mental illness at the funeral (in my experience of losing friends to suicide). In the obituaries, it simply says "passed away suddenly". One of my dear friends had no obituary at all, no friends were invited to the funeral, she had no headstone or memorial. It was as if they wanted to pretend nothing happened, like she never existed.
>>
>>28304563
You know that super obnoxious saying your parents told you as a kid: "Why should I reward you for something you're already supposed to do?" Like if you finally got something right? It's like people fucking think that applies here. Like you're automatically supposed to just think life is a gift and you should do whatever it takes to keep on living, otherwise you're obviously the broken one. They think people are weak when they are suicidal, they obviously don't see things the way they really are and oh, I tried to help them and failed so it must be their fault they suffer.
>>
>>28304685
Of course depression is nothing compared to cancer, but you can marginalize any amount of pain or suffering with "well u have food to eat :^)" or "starving kids in africa :^)". First world problems but problems nevertheless.
>>
>>28304745
What's worse is, when I'm depressed I feel exactly like this about myself, too. I'm supposed to enjoy it all, and well, if I don't, I'm just crazy and deserve to feel like shit.
>>
>>28304116
From the thumbnail I thought those were sausages at first lol
>>
>>28304665
Cancer is marketable, depression isn't.

The worst part about depression is that it isn't marketable. Examples? October is breast cancer awareness month. Tits sell, because sex sells. The next month is November, which is prostate awareness month. Not nearly is marketable as October because the stupid NFL stops wearing pink. But it's catching on with the stupid no shave craze. Because looking like a bum has fuck all to do with prostate cancer. Doug Stanhope has a really good bit about the sexual marketing behind cancer.

When Robin Williams died, the advertisers tried to spin it, make something of it, but it didn't catch on so the gravy train never took off. Nothing happened, no ribbons, no different color jerseys, no t shirts, nothing. There will be a book and movie soon to cash in on his legacy, but like most biopics it will tank at the box office. I bet ten bucks it will be called "Robin".
>>
>>28304116
>intelligent, kind people
lol

I'm just an assburger trash who ended up trash as likely thanks to my genetics. 25yo virgin NEET. Thanks genetics

I love genetics. Thanks nature. I bet it's even in my nature to be too much of a faggot to kill myself.
>>
Does anyone else excessively browse the Internet so they don't have to think about anything else?
>>
>>28304870
>>28304905
I try but after 8 years it just doesn't work anymore.
>>
>>28304916
10 years for me :l. 4chan has changed. >insert mgs4 intro music
>>
"Oh you have depression we you'll be OK just think happy focus on what's good in life and give it a few days and like a cold it will go away and don't forget to smile!1"

>being told this by everyone
>everyone thinks my depression is "not that bad"

So why do emotionally distraught teenagers with severe depression and access to firearms commit mass murder at high school?

Why do people with depression loose all hope and think of their suicide over and over day in day out?

Why do people like myself think of how much they have failed in life and that their is no point going forward?

Because we all have depression and its all in our heads like a made up joke

Fuck it
>>
"What's depression lol :^D is it like some emotional shit tumblr girls get? idek :^]"
>>
>>28304696
People want to pretend "the abyss" isn't there, because if it is, it might suck them up to. That's why you may occasionally hear about someone who "beat depression" in their distant past. Because then it's as if the abyss isn't so bad or that real. But any acknowledgement of how truly soul crushing the abyss is makes most people want to ignore it.
>>
>>28304533
Underrated and very relatable post my friend.
>>
>>28304116
I can't stand normalfags shitting up these threads.

After being beaten down and told I'm a piece of shit all my life, I guess I started believing it. I had a high point in high school where I was on top of the fucking world. Top of the class, had a group of friends, and was generally happy. That lasted for for about a year until college.

College kicked my ass, bringing back all those feeling of I'm a piece of shit. I couldn't do everything. Failed calculus, got straight C's in everything else, barely ate. For the next 2 years it's been like that. I have to motivation, I switch to a shitty history degree and I still can't get work done.

People are shaped by their environments and mine was shitty. So in turn I'm a shitty person. I don't know people from shit backgrounds that turned it around with perserverence and hard work, but I can't be dicked to do any of that.

So fuck off normalfags, I'm not here to mop just cuz I can't get my dick wet. I'm here because I'm a shit person with a shit life and it's all my fault
>>
File: cuore2eng.jpg (113 KB, 551x960) Image search: [Google]
cuore2eng.jpg
113 KB, 551x960
>>28304197
>>28304563
>>28304621
>>28304685

I'd bet you recognize yourselves in this pic
>>
>>28304339
>driving home from terapy in my car
>wish someone would crash me and id just die
sometimes i just let go of the steering wheel and close my eyes and still find myself living. moments like that make me wonder how easy it is to get a license.
>>
File: 1392090542988.gif (271 KB, 210x131) Image search: [Google]
1392090542988.gif
271 KB, 210x131
I find it hilarious that people don't believe in depression. Do you think neurotransmitters don't exist, and we're just being controlled by Cartesian demons? If you're just trying to bait, fine, but I really hope no one is honestly denying simple medical science.
>>
>>28304339
>get chronic stomach pain
>In doctors office
>get abdominal ultrasound
>hope for cancer
>no cancer
>fuck

Doc says he had no clue about my symptoms. Just gotta deal.
>>
>>28304563
Why do people act like this towards mental illnesses? You would think we'd take them more seriously considering we're nothing without our brains. Mental illnesses affect the very core of our being yet people act like you can just "get over it"
>>
File: 1462263853880.jpg (72 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1462263853880.jpg
72 KB, 500x500
Somewhere towards the end of highschool I think I just lost the ability to live my life. I've been NEET for 4 years now. I'm a goddamn lazy piece of shit and I hate myself for it. I know what I gotta do and I choose not to do it for some reason. I don't know why I do these things to myself.

My folks wanted me to go talk to the doctors, they think I'm depressed but I don't think I am. Just a lazy asshole. But I don't know really.

I only do a class where I learn about aged care. One day a week. Only thing that makes me feel like a human being anymore.

I've put myself in this position. I've been hurting myself for no good reason for all these years.

No motivation, no hopes or dreams. Nothing.

God fucking help this miserable, lost soul.
>>
>>28306090
don't fucking take someone else out with you anon. think about what you are doing for a second. you could destroy someone's whole world so badly that they too would wish for death.

i know its fun to be edgy but take it seriously
>>
>>28304533
Well said, anon. That's exactly where I've been for 2 decades. Unfortunately, as you get older, those methods of anesthesia because less effective.
>>
File: 1461759892083.jpg (20 KB, 238x426) Image search: [Google]
1461759892083.jpg
20 KB, 238x426
>>28305619
please ask for help anon. it is a very difficult thing to do but it might save you.
>>
>>28304116
sometimes I feel down, but whenever I do I go out and exercise and get some sun and then feel good again, you guys should try it, exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good.
>>
>>28304584
>shooting myself because when I do finish it, I need it to look like an accident
Why not shoot yourself in the woods or somewhere else were they can't find your body? Would that be less or more painful towards your family?
>>
>>28306229
Just ignore them breh, unless they're posting relevent cited peer reviewed articles then there's literally no reason to bother
>>
File: concerned pepe.jpg (7 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
concerned pepe.jpg
7 KB, 235x215
How does deppresion work?

Whenever i feel sad, i just start thinking about different things and the feels go away. You are in control of your own emotions and thoughts, so how can you ever feel deprresed, unless you willingly submit to sadness?

How does it work? Can someone explain it to me?
>>
>>28306604
well i wouldnt do it with passengers in my car and if the road is stuck with other assholes im mostly too annoyed by not getting home faster. mostly happens when i drive over the autobahn(gerfag) at night
>>
File: downward spiral of depression.jpg (116 KB, 542x480) Image search: [Google]
downward spiral of depression.jpg
116 KB, 542x480
>>28306824
its nice that they just go away for normal people, but for others its not that easy
>>
>>28306824
No will to live
>>
File: 27.jpg (53 KB, 634x512) Image search: [Google]
27.jpg
53 KB, 634x512
I very am proud of my sadness. It means that I am more human.
>>
>>28304116

Depression is a health problem caused by modern life. If you take any animal, like a pet parrot or chimp and make them live indoors, etc. they get depressed too. The cards are stacked against us, even if we eat right and exercise there's still the estrogens in the water supply messing with our hormones.
>>
File: Sad.png (16 KB, 238x236) Image search: [Google]
Sad.png
16 KB, 238x236
How do I help someone I know with depression?
>>
>>28306824
Depressed people usually have a dysfunctional and poor family, e.g. drug addicts, psychopaths, sociopaths, bullies, rapists, orphans, mentally ill people in their family. There are constant problems and altercations from the people around them. I have these problems
>>
File: ECKHART-TOLLE.jpg (352 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
ECKHART-TOLLE.jpg
352 KB, 2000x1000
>No one chooses it.

Actually you do choose it. You say say

"I'm depressed" or "I feel depressed" or "I'm suffering from depression"

Why? Because it gives you identity and that's what you're holding onto when in reality depression is as real as the narrative of the holocaust. It's all in your fucking heads, it's a label the JEWS created to peddle you fucking pills and therapy.

Sure you live in a meaningless and often cruel world but you're still being a massive fucking FAGGOT. Trust me, I've been there before after high school was over I decided to break up with my girlfriend at the time and I was sad for a solid two weeks, but then I got up and realized how awesome life is. So yeah, you can definitely say I've been depressed before.

But even you beta, delta, and gamma faggots should be able to derive some enjoyment out of life by severing your sense of attachment to things that you will never have anyway. You know, just don't give a fuck, but that's hard to say to a tiny dicked betamax fuckboi who is insecure about everything. Yup, that's really attractive and gets all the pussies wet. WAH I'M DEPRESSED BECAUSE I'M INSECURE ABOUT BEING SHORT, PREMATURELY BALDING, AND BEING AN ANIME-CONSUMING FAGGOT.

Really what girl would want to be with someone like that? You're all pretty much in comas and fucking insane. You don't appreciate anything in life because MUH DEPRESSION, but keep being good goyim and don't realize that life can be pretty awesome without those things once you learn to be yourself, even with all your flaws. But you know you can teach a man to fish but you can't teach him not to care.
>>
File: 1459183955015.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1928) Image search: [Google]
1459183955015.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1928
>>28307179
>breakup = depression
>JEWS and FAGGOT and MUH DEPRESSION and another all-caps rant
>Eckhart Tolle

You've really covered all the bases here, anon, I'm impressed.
>>
>>28307179
>>28307178
How do I solve these problems?
>>
File: laughing.jpg (22 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
22 KB, 340x340
>>28307179
>sad for a solid two weeks
>expert on depression

Son, you need to get a few more years on you before you start rolling up with this kind of attitude.
>>
>>28307270
>Son, you need to get a few more years on you before you start rolling up with this kind of attitude.

How about I roll my dick up your ass you massive faggot?
>>
File: angry-baby.jpg (39 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
angry-baby.jpg
39 KB, 300x200
>>28307284
>How about I roll my dick up your ass you massive faggot?
>>
>>28307179
>The only source of depression in this world are girls
>>
File: images (8)-1.jpg (15 KB, 152x143) Image search: [Google]
images (8)-1.jpg
15 KB, 152x143
>>28305050
How common is it for people to "beat depression?" I have half a mind to believe that the types of people who manage to "beat depression" weren't all that depressed in the first place.
>>
>>28304116
Nah bro, man the fuck up and face life. If you don't life then kill yourself, but don't be in the middle like a faggot.
>>
>>28307179
>he doesn't understand that behavior isn't magic and that physiological, chemical problems can cause people to behave differently
>>
>CTRL+F
>"reddit"
>No results found

Guess you got away with it OP. That's nu-/r9k/ for you.
>>
>>28307179
this anon gets it.

Stop using a meme disease as your social identity.

It's pathetic and cultish behavior.
>>
>>28307179
>>28307263
Eckhart Tolle (the man in this guy's picture) wrote a pretty good book called it "The power of now". Go read it, it's easy to go through. Do it. I know you will put this off until later. Don't. Do it now, trust me. It changed my life.
>>
>>28307415
No point responding to "dude personal responsibility lmao" faggots, they're almost always baiting or just hopelessly stupid.
>>
>>28307447
Yep, you're obviously completely helpless in the face of this moronic meme cult. Boo hoo hoo. Poor anon. What a bad hand he got dealt.
>>
>>28306467
>Mental illnesses affect the very core of our being yet people act like you can just "get over it"

Well said. Mental health is just as important as physical health. You don't realise this until you experience a mental illness. You just think it's your physical body that's vulnerable in the world. You can have your legs blown off and the world won't really change for you. Experience serious mental illness on the other hand, and everything can melt away to the point where for example you LITERALLY feel like an alien/cosmic "accident" from an alternate dimension. I know which I'd pick for life of the two.
>>
>>28307470

>being depressed is worse than losing your legs

You absolute faggots...
>>
>>28307470
mental health and physical health are the same thing

>>28307447
>had the energy and focus to read a book
>thinks he has ever experienced depression
>>
>>28307467
>modern medicine is a meme cult

Thank god you'll never reproduce.
>>
>>28307179
>Trust me, I've been there before after high school was over I decided to break up with my girlfriend at the time and I was sad for a solid two weeks, but then I got up and realized how awesome life is.
You really lack self-awareness but it's sound to reason that letting go of desires lessens suffering.
>>
>>28307511
What? When did I say I was depressed? I'm just saying depression is an illness with tangible, physical causes.
>>
>>28307511
>doesn't have the energy to read a book
>has the energy to keep living and leeching off people
Either start living or kill yourself. What's the point in being dead alive?
>>
>>28307490
>>being depressed is worse than losing your legs
What utterly spoiled children these melodramatic little assholes are. Jesus.
>>
>>28307549
no, I responded to the wrong post sorry
>>28307445
>>
I agree OP. It is humiliating, and it is real, because I suffer from it.

But I realize that I'm better off killing myself than trying to get help from people who don't even believe it exists, so that's what I'm going to do.
>>
>>28307445
Give me a summary, key points or a tip from this book that changed your life
>>
>>28307557
Agree. Spoiled as fuck.
>>
>>28307490
I'm talking about mental illness in general. It can be worse than anything you can imagine. Let's see you take a nice hit of derealisation for the first time then we'll see how tough you are
>>
>>28306824

Because the thoughts never go away. You know that little voice in you're head that calls you an idiot whenever you say something stupid or embarrass yourself? It's like that. Only it happens no matter what you do, and instead of telling you you're dumb it tells you your life is worthless and you'd be better off dead.
>>
>"Look mom, I baited a few people!"
>>
>>28307575
>>28307557
>>28307490
Fun exercise for you: take a large dose of MDMA weekly for a year or two. Then come back and tell us how weak depressed people are.
>>
>>28307179
>depression never involves biochemical changes in the body
>i was sad for 2 weeks so i had depression
>stop being depressed because girls won't like it
>>
>>28307562
I've never been depressed. However, this book in particular (and a couple more written by him) showed me plenty of things about life itself I hadn't noticed until then.
>>28307571
It starts off saying that you're not your mind (in the way he defines it).
Proceeds to show you how to feel that this is true (since you have to experience it). He says (and I agree) that it's not understandable rationally).
He makes you realize (if you haven't already) that all there ever is the present moment (the Now). You haven't ever been in the past nor the future, you've always been alive NOW.
He explains why you should not worry, then, about problems that do not exist now (because under this perspective, they don't actually exist!).

The book itself doesn't illustrate specific examples of things that happen in real life, but provides you a new approach to life, as in
* What do I feel now? Why do I feel like this? Do I understand that this feeling is NOT who I am? Ok, cool, then no reason to idenitify with it.

* Is this problem I'm facing really that serious? How is it affecting me NOW?

Overall, it's a good read. Really interesting.
Just wanted to end saying this is considered a spiritual book. I agree, however it's not religious. I am an atheist, very skeptic person myself.

Have fun
>>
*M*E*M*E*S*C*I*E*N*C*E*

you all have shitty parents.
>>
>>28307694
>hmm, is this shot of heroin too big?
>well, the future doesn't exist, and it'll feel good NOW, so...

Anyway, people with chemical depression aren't doing it for an "identity", and just because they don't identify with a feeling doesn't mean it goes away.

Denying depression literally puts you in the same boat as anti-vaxxers, you're going against biological facts.
>>
>>28307776
>just because they don't identify with a feeling doesn't mean it goes away.
It doesn't, but you have no idea how much of a difference this makes =)
>>
>>28307179
>Broke up with gf
>Felt depressed for two weeks
Stopped reading there
>>
File: 1454204563334.jpg (19 KB, 416x398) Image search: [Google]
1454204563334.jpg
19 KB, 416x398
Depression isn't just some thing that comes and goes. If you are truly suffering from it then it is a daily struggle. I've been depressed for about 3 times years now after the death of on of my childhood friends.

He shot himself after becoming addicting to prescription pain killers and meds. This has haunted me for the last years. Just weeks before he killed himself I went to a concert with him and he seemed so happy and content.

I now realize that like all people suffering with depression has was wearing a mask to hide his inner feelings. I know this because I do this everyday. Everyday I am alone and everyday I want to die too.
>>
>>28307885
>Depression isn't just some thing that comes and goes.
memes, nothing more than memes. memes and a cult.

>b-but muh neurospychology

memes, marks, and the lifestyle of victimhood. Smh
>>
>>28304116
that's not depression senpai. sounds like brain damage and/or puberty.

your lifestyle shouldn't change much just from getting depressed. for most people depression is exactly what it sounds like, a transient dip in mood. you might drink a little more or not answer as many phone calls from friends, but you still recognize consequence and value of what you do.

that pill you take to make eye contact is more of a confidence conditioning bit. also it sounds like the problem is being sensitive to stimuli rather than being an edgy teenager who doesn't see the point in anything.

everyone can imagine what it takes to feign "normalcy" because everybody has to adjust to their environment which often changes throughout a lifetime. if your biggest challenge is keeping enough toilet paper you can blame your brain all you want, but your brain is still you and you are clearly incompetent. you shouldn't advocate for tolerating incompetence in general. depression is depression, it's a phase for most people and the rest have to cope with it as a personal issue, not a social justice warrior issue.
>>
>>28307928
What do you mean by memes and a cult?
>>
>>28307885
at least you know first hand how selfish suicide is :)
>>
>>28304116
>mfw I have the pills in your picture next to me
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>28307954
What he means is that he's baiting and/or has a sub-70 IQ. Don't give him another (You).
>>
>>28307954
Meaning this shit is an industry, based on cult-like faith. None of these bullshit disorders can be proven. Thus, none of them can actually be treated or cured. It's not good medicine. It's not good science.

It is however, good business.
>>
>>28307694
That's a book about an optimist's perspective
>>
>>28308027
Yeah, don't look behind the curtain, listen to whatever the wizard tells you.

CULT
>>
i wish i had terminal inoperable cancer
>>
>>28304400
>People will hate you for suicide
No they won't. Unless you jump in front of a train or something, that gets people upset. Probably no one you care about, though.

Have you never noticed how much compassion people who kill themselves get? You can have the biggest loser in high school kill himself and all that chads and stacies will go on his facebook profile to pay respects or some shit. It's fucking stupid.

Family and friends will just feel like shit for not having been able to help.
>>
>>28308069
>the guy denying mental illness is suffering from paranoid delusions

Mmmm, sweet, sweet irony. Watch out for the chemtrails, anon!
>>
>>28308127
keke. Take some more Klonopin. Good goy.
>>
>>28304533
So true. Distraction as a surrogate for happiness.
>>
>>28308127
>if you question the doctrine you're obviously crazy and paranoid.

Scientology-teir tactics

Like I said, CULT
>>
>>28308143
>The Jewish cabal is out to get me
>Jews are immune to depression
>All depressed people buys these pills
>>
>>28308143
>>28308266
If you're confident that depression doesn't exist, then seriously just go ahead and do this >>28307645

Couldn't hurt, right?
>>
>>28304116

man sometimes I think that calling myself depressed is too much because I don't feel sad all that often, just empty and apathetic

but reading this... too close to home

I guess I must be depressed then
>>
>>28304116
Listening to metalcore music helps my depression and anxiety desu
>>
>>28307402
Depression is something that cripples you for the rest of your life. You could probably get rid of the symptoms but you remember it for your whole life.
>>
>>28308056

Not really. A good portion of the book is going on about how the world is fucked up and how people are fucked up.
>>
>>28307125
sounds like an attention whore t b h
>>
You faggot, you stole this off reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/depression/comments/1bq90v/depression_is_humiliating/
>>
>>28307991
Nope, it's not selfish

If someone was being mind controlled to kill himself how is it selfish?
>>
>>28308714
It's a popular quote, reddit stole it from somewhere else

https://www.reddit.com/r/depression/comments/1bq90v/depression_is_humiliating/c99jia0
>>
File: 2012-01-06_040756.jpg (112 KB, 735x400) Image search: [Google]
2012-01-06_040756.jpg
112 KB, 735x400
tl;dr This one is much better
>>
>>28308050
Care to prove that stuff?
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.