[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>can't learn another language because I'm too dumb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1461989527968.png (375 KB, 450x695) Image search: [Google]
1461989527968.png
375 KB, 450x695
>can't learn another language because I'm too dumb to remember things and anxious about fucking up the speaking part when practising
>>
>>28303958
If you could learn one, you could learn another one. Stop being such a whiny, quitting pussy, even little children can learn the hardest languages out there.

Just continue practicing.
>>
>>28303958
iirc there are internet sites for stuff like this
You teach someone English and the other person teaches you some other language you want to learn
Being social is probably the best way to learn a language
I learned two languages by being social/enjoying culture from that language and two in school
Can't remember shit from the school ones
Get a foreign friend
>>
>>28303994
Thanks bro. I'll just bee myself. Never thought of this before.
>>
>>28304025
>Get a foreign friend
(try >>>/int/ they might be able to help you more, if you have really bad social anxiety and can't talk to nerds from there you should probably fix them before learning a language)
>>
>>28304048
Practicing is all there is to learning a language you stupid fuck.

Do you think only Chads get to speak and write?
>>
>>28303994
You know little children are actually much better at learning another language right? And that it becomes exponentially harder to learn one the older you are right? You wouldn't just go on the internet and be wrong right?
>>
>>28304064
The only thing I learned from /int/ is that Sweeds are the most cucked people, Germanboos and Based Putin baabies are all no fun autists, Australians are Fucking hilarious, Brits love K on, Latina Americans love the Simpson's and weed, Ameicans get shot, Argintina and Portugal aren't white and us Irish men hate big arses
>>
>>28304087
>You know little children are actually much better at learning another language right? And that it becomes exponentially harder to learn one the older you are right?

*citation needed*

>You wouldn't just go on the internet and be wrong right?

Now you're going to tell me it's hard or impossible to speak at least two languages. I bet you're an Americuck.
>>
>>28304087
Myth.
A dedicated adult can learn way faster than a kid, especially if they have a good understanding of their 1st language.
The only advantage a child has is learning native-level pronunciation, which is irrelevant anyways since you can be perfectly understood with an accent.
>>
>>28304101
It's not impossible it's just stupid to say that it's easy because children can do it when children are actually better at it.

But cmon op use Duolingo or something it's 2016 you don't need to talk to people to learn a language
>>
I'm trying French right now. Its okay I guess. I should probably write stuff down.
>>
>>28304087
>Falling for the age determines your ability to learn Easier meme
>>
>>28304087
the whole "children learn easier" is bullshit and a shitty excuse for being lazy. it takes several years for children to learn to say even say simple shit.
children are would naturally pick up minor sound differences, but it's nothing you couldn't learn yourself knowing a bit about phonetics.
>>
The children in qiestion are usually first generation in aa different country/spoken language place. Its not they learn quicker vut are forced to learn both thwir parents and the local tongue. If someone dropped you in fuckallistan and forced you to stay there, you'd learn that language relatively speedily.
>>
>>28303958
You have to immerse yourself in the language. It isn't so much of memorization as it is naturally using foreign words/sentence structure/letters normally from casual experience. The best way to learn is to be trapped in a place full of people who only speak that language.
>>
>>28304048
big sarcasm m8888888. almost found pleasure for a moment there.
>>
Children pick up languages easier but they struggle with grammar. Most people study ass backwards. Use your adult powers. Learn the pronunciation and written first, then syntax, then focus on verb morphology, and lastly focus on vocabulary and expressions. Chink and nip need altering because so many characters, but most will work this way. I was told I picked up Spanish fast. All I did was memorize the tenses and moods, each one on a flash card with the columns, -ar, -er, and -ir, beneath it the forms for I, you, yous, and so on.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.