[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you realise that you gonna become one soon? Do you fear death,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 15
File: 678532-skull.jpg (33 KB, 316x237) Image search: [Google]
678532-skull.jpg
33 KB, 316x237
Do you realise that you gonna become one soon? Do you fear death, Anon? Do you fear the eternal emptyness?
>>
No what are you dumb

Dead things aren't self aware

I'm as scared of the year 65000 BC as I am of being dead

Dying could suck hard though
>>
>>28303583
I can't die yet, but if I were say torn in half in an accident and I had a minute to live and also lost both arms and speech so I had no way to communicate last messages, I would be glad.
>>
>>28303583
It's comfy to think about everything you are, were and ever will be
>the very atoms that make you up were likely living creatures in the prehistoric era
>those same atoms will become part of worms and other soil organisms and may make their way to humans
We all have a time to go. Without life, we can go on to become something else
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 500x363
>>28303583
>Do you fear the eternal emptyness?

That fact that we will be dead FOREVER scares the shit out of me the more I make a concious effort into thinking about eternity.

Anon, this something I don't like thinking about when trying to go to sleep
>>
>>28303583
Brother I am already a skeleton. I'm everything I will be and more today so there's no point worrying. I won't know I'm dead anyway.
>>
>>28303583
I'm already dead inside and my life has been nothing but eternal emptiness anyway, so no.
>>
>>28303583

we are already that, wrapped in meat and water.
>>
>>28303645
>Without life, we can go on to become something else

Or we will never be self-aware anymore, your little foolish mind will evaporate and you will never wake up again :^)
>>
>>28303583
I don't fear being dead but I do fear the physical process of dying. I can't imagine that feeling good.
>>
I don't fear the vast time before I was born nor do I fear the vast time after.
I only fear that I don't get what I want out of the limited time I have.
Mainly experience stimulation and completing a check list of life long goals. Some of which I have done, but most of which I am still working on.
>>
>>28303682
I'm not talking about reincarnation
I'm just saying its comforting knowing that my end isn't the end of my parts, just my whole
My parts will go on to decompose and make something up, whether it's just dirt or some other pointless things
>>
>>28303583
>came into existence for no reason before
>implying it can't happen again after an infinitely long time
I for one think that reincarnation is pretty logical given the nature of existence itself. Worse comes to worst, I can't perceive death anyway.
>>
>>28303583
The dying part is the only thing I'm really worried about, I just hope it's quick and I don't get cancer or some shit.
>>
File: 1438595038334.jpg (455 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1438595038334.jpg
455 KB, 1680x1050
>>28303652
>drifting off to sleep
>mind wandering
>slowly delve into thoughts of being dead forever
>forever never ends
>nothing, forever
>can't sleep after being confronted with life's pointlessness

and yet, still I can't take the risk of talking to a girl
>>
>>28303583

Being dead is literally the best part in being alive, you fucking retart. Only normalfags fear death because they are so invested in this game that they forgot what it's all about. The sign of an intelligent man is an embrace of death with open arms. Life is suffering with some joy (non suffering) sprinkled around sparsely. Normalfags don't see it this way because they are semiconscious bovines that obsess and occupied about the mundanes of life. There is no greater fear for a normalfag than losing the ego and social status that he worked so hard to achieve.
>>
File: 1461307474148.jpg (408 KB, 844x1000) Image search: [Google]
1461307474148.jpg
408 KB, 844x1000
I nearly died last night, I took 1g of Dinitrophenol.
The lowest lethal dose is 375mg.

This drug literally boils you from the inside and my muscles have been on fire since, I took a few tablets to ease the pain but hopefully I don't die.

I literally accepted death last night, I called my family and everything.
Crazy stuff, probably not worth posting about though.
>>
>>28303767

Misspelled retard over there. I'm gonna eat shit for this from some edgy teen but that's what I get for expressing my opinions.
>>
Of course, eternity is almost beyond comprehension. It's scary to think about and the realization should spark a "YOLO" attitude but it doesn't, for some reason. I can't find any sense in dreading or dwelling on it, I won't be conscious to experience it anyway. I think I've moved onto acceptance for now.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 700x465) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 700x465
>>28303765
>life is so short
>scared to take risks and waste my time on 4chan day in and day out
>>
>>28303583
What~ is empty, that is full.
>>
>>28303583
All things rot, all things degrade. There is literally no point to anything in existence.
>>
I think about it sometimes. I willing make up different versions of an afterlife I don't believe in knowing it's not real. I don't really fear death as much as pain. Once you're dead none of this will matter and you won't be able to give a shit so why fear it.
>>
>>28303583
I don't mind death
Everyone dies including the universe itself
>>
>>28303645
Did you happen to read Lucretius ?
>>
>become one
You are one right now. Acne the 25 stone hamplanets are skeletons under those gross layers of hairy sweaty lard. We are all skeletons. You're just a living skeleton
>>
my only fear is that still some kind of consciousness remains after I die. that'd be hell. Else I'm pretty much down with it
>>
File: WE DEM BOYZ.jpg (62 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
WE DEM BOYZ.jpg
62 KB, 499x499
Why the fuck would anyone fear death?
It's exactly the same as before you were born
>>
>>28303583

I'm enjoying life atm but when death comes, I'm embracing that bitch with two arms. It'll just be like falling into a really good, deep sleep
>>
File: wolf-of-wall-street.gif (456 KB, 700x304) Image search: [Google]
wolf-of-wall-street.gif
456 KB, 700x304
>>28303583
Yes
Yes
Yes

So much for stating the obvious
>>
>>28304019
What about dying?
>>
>>28304037
?
What happens, happens.
You'll seize existing after whatever way you eventually go out.
>>
File: Miriam-Laugh-1.jpg (41 KB, 484x309) Image search: [Google]
Miriam-Laugh-1.jpg
41 KB, 484x309
You all act like badasses now. But I wanna see your dumb faces when this moment actually comes and you gonna be shitting your pants thinking of what's coming for ya
>>
>>28304138

If I know death will be painful I will probably panic and try to avoid it if I know there is a chance, but that is only because I don't want to die a painful death. If I were to die a swift and painless death I will not go into panic because I see no reason to escape bliss. Only normalfags are scared of dying at all.
>>
>>28304211

>Only normalfags are scared of dying at all.

Yep, death is just change and the only reason to fear it is because your life now is fantastic.
>>
>>28303583
I'm not scared of being dead, if anything I welcome the idea of an eternal sleep.

That being said, I am terrified of actually dying, that is, at some point in my life, I'm going to be close to death and know it's lights out any day now. This keeps me up at night all the time
>>
>>28303765
You know what anon, the poets of centuries forgone have never put it quite as perfectly as you just did
>>
>>28304138
>being so much of a pussy that you're afraid of death
>>
I used to not be afraid of death/ dying until I started working in a hospital. Most people don't realise that there is no happy ending in 99.99% of peoples lives. The Hollywood version of death, where you drift away with family next to your bed literally never happens.

Most people die in pain, horrified, panting for air.
The only ones who don't are the ones who are basically being slowly killed of with morphine so they don't have to experience the horror of their own death, when it's a really bad disease
>>
>>28305507
y-y-you too

I guess it's somewhat comforting to know a lot of you guys feel the same way
>>
fearing death
Hah
death is inevitable, fearing the inevitable is fucking stupid
>>
>>28305647
so is fearing casual contact with fellow human beings

a lot of our fears aren't rational, but they still exist
>>
>>28305663
but realizing somethings fucking retarded enables you to stop being fucking retarded,
>>
>>28305673
tell that to someone with a debilitating phobia

they know it's ridiculous and irrational, but the fear is very real
>>
>>28305699
well they should get their shit together, man the fuck up, and stop being fucking retarded pansies
>>
>>28303790
so why did you take it in the first place?
>>
I'm not afraid of dying, I'm just afraid of having a painful death. Death itself isn't so bad, I mean an untold number of people have died before me so why should I be afraid to? No edge, it's somewhat exciting in a way because you finally get to find out what comes after death. Could be nothing, could be something. There's only one way to find out and you finally get to.
>>
>>28303583
1) Yes.
2) I fear my actual death in that I hope it's not too painful, beyond that, no.
3) No, infact I'm curious to see what the afterlife brings. If it's nothingness like I expect, then that's better than where I've been living the last 22 years.
>>
>>28303583
I'm not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind

why should I be frightened of dying? there's no reason for it, gotta go sometime
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>28303583
What happens happens, i don't care if I die for some random reason, at least I look at life in a positive feature.
>>
File: 1452272689057.png (826 KB, 680x657) Image search: [Google]
1452272689057.png
826 KB, 680x657
>>28303583
i fear it all
but i don't look away
i focus on it with every fiber of my being
i look straight into the abyss and feel it all
i follow my thought trails into the darkest corners of my mind and let the adrenaline fill my body and the panic set in, then i talk to myself and try to convince myself to DO SOMETHING, to fight against it despite the futility
something like punching a hole in the wall or screaming at the air and begging it to give birth to a supernatural impossibility
but i realize i don't have it in me to fight
i'm tamed by a standard of comfortable living that ignores death and all of its delusions
then i lose all of my energy and go to sleep to escape the mess i've made in my head
then i wake up and the mess is still there so i retreat to escapism and try to forget that i exist
but it nags at me constantly, every time i smile or laugh it tells me to shut the fuck up, every time i am happy it grabs my arm and socks me in the face, i have to shove food down my facefuckhole until i am sick and dizzy just to get it to shut the fucking fuck up
right now it wants me to die
the mess keeps getting dirtier and dirtier
its filthy in my head
its a graveyard
i cant think anymore
its a black hole
its the grim reapers cum dumpster
i can't focus on the bad anymore
i can't care at all
its all bad its all rotten
its all me i did this to myself
the thoughts are me
what happened to the child
what happened to the time
i am already dead
>>
>>28306656
I was going to post this, I'm kinda glad we had the same idea.
>>
File: 'tips skull'.jpg (32 KB, 341x495) Image search: [Google]
'tips skull'.jpg
32 KB, 341x495
>>28303583
I crave and will embrace the comfort of oblivion.
>>
File: 1460115908221.jpg (92 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1460115908221.jpg
92 KB, 612x612
>>28308100
that was quite poignant anon
>>
>>28303583
hah how the fuck am i gonna turn into a skeleton lol wow
>>
File: Filonov_07.jpg (161 KB, 1200x792) Image search: [Google]
Filonov_07.jpg
161 KB, 1200x792
>>28303583
I only feel pity for the good guys that have died.
I'm not afraid of death itself, but I feel very shitty when a good, REAL person dies (sort of like my favourite musician did, pic related, the one on the left)
>>
>>28303583
No I'm calmly excited and comfy actually
>>
Cattle dies,
Kinsmen die,
You yourself die;
But I know one thing,
That never dies --
The judgement of a dead man's life.
>>
I wish every night for death but it never comes.
>>
File: lie a little to yourself.png (202 KB, 1110x1600) Image search: [Google]
lie a little to yourself.png
202 KB, 1110x1600
i go between feeling absolutely terrified of it, and welcoming it with open arms. there's no in-between
>>
>>28310682

that translation doesn't sound very cool. specifically the last line...
>>
>>28303583
eternal what? are you a cuckold or something?

i love my life senpai. i kind of fear getting old, but alcohol is a thing that exists.
>>
Spooky fact: there is a skeleton inside you.
>>
>>28303583
Sometimes

Hfrujvf
>>
>>28310914
Bullshit!

Prove it, man!
>>
I'm afraid of being judged by god once I die.
As an adult you make up your own conclusions to life and can reject what people have taught you, but deep down there is still that scared little kid who fears eternal damnation.
>>
Nope. Its the stuff inbetween now and then that I am concerned about.
>>
>>28303583
>ywn leave an aesthetic skull for future generations to study
>>
my soul has long gone. my body has yet to follow suit.
I do not fear death but rather see it as proof of God's mercy.
I exist in a form of "undeath", like a car that moves with its last remaining momentum despite the fire in its engine being extinguished.

I envy the dead, but am too much of a coward to join them so soon.
>>
Death is a blessing. Release from the suffering of this world and becoming one with the eternal universe
>>
Fear my parents' death
fear all the deaths of the people's funeral I will have to suffer
Fear growing old and disabled
I fear not having a pension
I fear my choices in life will only mount up to my regret
I fear a violent death
I dont fear being death
>>
This body, however beautiful it may be, which houses your existence, will one day turn into the shit of other organisms, from bacteria to insects to mammals, they will desecrate it into filth as you have other living organisms.
The process of dying is hellish, you lose the control you've had over it bit by bit, disabled from doing everything you took pride and joy in, until an eventual painful end. Dying can take the course of many years when you reach old age, with failing organs and biological systems out of whack, you will be bed bound.
You may say that once you never existed and that was fine, since you weren't conscious of the events from the beginning of time until your existence, but now that you where given the gift of consciousness, are you so willing to just have it disappear. You may be depress, but wouldn't you rather continue to live in a state of pure happiness even if where from some ethereal afterlife universe if it where possible, do you think you don't deserve happiness?
>>
File: 1442652761884.jpg (44 KB, 569x506) Image search: [Google]
1442652761884.jpg
44 KB, 569x506
It's just so hard to image death, will you even be aware that time is continuing? If so, at what rate? Even if you floated around as some kind of "ghost' after death, what happens trillions of years into the future, once all life, all atoms, everything within the universe has gone, do we just float around in darkness for the rest of eternity with no escape?
>>
I'm scared of dying but not of death. I don't think there's anything after this life and the concept of that is impossible for me to understand, so I can't be scared of it.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.