[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2016 Australian federal budget
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 43.jpg (26 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
43.jpg
26 KB, 660x371
NEETS AND SMOKERS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>>
turny is so fucking boring
he's not even human really
>>
>>28303325

I really need to quit smoking anyway. When will it come into affect? I know so many smokers who are broke as fuck its going to be funny watching all the ways they'll go to get black market darts.
>>
>>28303325
>NEETS

What are the changes that will affect them?
>>
What's the smoker tax?
>>
Context, straya cunts?
>>
>>28303391

12% increase per year for 4 years

pack of smokes to cost $30 in 2021
>>
>>28303424

$700m worth of programs to help neets under 25 find employment

>>28303434
>>28303586
>>
>GST ON ONLINE PURCHASES
This is beyond fucking retarded. Why not just beg us for handouts instead?

We already pay through the nose thanks to conversion rates. Now they want us to pay a SERVICE TAX ON A SERVICE THAT ISN'T EVEN PROVIDED IN THIS FUCKING COUNTRY.
>>
>>28303687

it's not actually retarded, it was retarded that we weren't paying it desu

but, i don't see how they can possibly hope to police it, the scheme requires overseas retailers to voluntarily register to collect and pay gst to the australian government
>>
Government bootlickers should kill themselves desu
>>
Looks like ozzies don't have to worry about not being the shittiest country on earth anytime soon.
>>
>>28303747
>it was retarded that we weren't paying it desu

personally i've actually been okay not paying extra fucking taxes on things that aren't even from the country
>>
>>28303747
National GST is a fucking mistake anyway. It'd be fairer if states just collected the money themselves. It's bullshit we need to pay just so libs and labour can buy easterners votes.
>>
>>28303782

but that doesn't make any economic sense

why would you tax goods produced in your own country and not those produced overseas?

that just discourages local productivity

you're thinking about a sales tax all wrong anyway, it's a tax on consumption itself, not on specific items. the GST is actually one of the lower sales taxes around the world.
>>
>>28303813
why tax goods and services at all? it's a stupid regressive tax that throttles the economy and works to the benefit of the richest and jewest of society
>>
>>28303828

i prefer consumption taxes to income taxes personally, but it shouldn't be a flat rate, it should be a progressive consumption tax

eg 50% tax on the sale of private jets, but no tax on the sale of say textbooks

you tax something you want less of, it's the government's way of discouraging something, so taxing income makes no sense at all
>>
>>28303595
>tfw 25 years old

At first i was too old at 21, i bet in 5 years they';; start helping people under 30
>>
>>28303747
how is it retarded that we weren't paying it

>i should pay a cut to the government for something I buy elsewhere and pay for to be delivered to me

?????
>>
>>28303924

read the thread fuckwit >>28303813
>>
>>28303325
Ausfailia is a massive nanny state

I already buy all my ciggies online.
>>
>>28303813
>fuckwit
>still hasn't answered why I have to pay extra

your argument will begin to make a shred of sense when the government also moves to stop international sellers extorting us through unfair exchange rates until then you can fuck off
>>
>>28303995

the tax is on the act of consumption, not on the actual items you consume

>extorting us through unfair exchange rates

I don't see how that's related to the GST at all, and desu I've never even experienced it as an online buyer

Also, it's not the government's responsibility to make your online shopping experience easier, that's a problem for the free market to solve
>>
>>28304029
>free market will solve it
>but free market shouldn't solve protecting domestic producers
>>
>>28304061

levying the tax in this way is not protecting domestic producers, more accurately it is an end to the nonsensical practice of subsidising foreign producers
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.