[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wine and beer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: wikinger-met_50.jpg (161 KB, 755x1800) Image search: [Google]
wikinger-met_50.jpg
161 KB, 755x1800
>tfw people drank wine and beer instead of water for thousand of years

>tfw don't know if this was a good or a bad thing for society

goethe drank upto 4 bottles a day and got to age 82.

Should i continue drinking? It really makes life more bearable.
>>
>constantly have digestive issues
>don't shower for weeks
>die at 34

great life they had. keep going OP
>>
romans thought drinking wine straight was trashy and usually diluted it two parts water for every one part wine.

ales and beers like the kind monks drank probably had a lot more caloric content and lower alcohol percentage than modern day beers. making their beers more like meals, than beverages.

it is probably not wise to use historical drinking patterns with modern alcoholic beverages. i'd imagine that modern alcoholic beverages are a lot higher in alcohol content and lower in extra calories.
>>
In the 1600s when coffee replaced alcoholic beverages science fucking boomed in the middle east. The alcohol we have now is nothing like the alcohol we had earlier than the 20th century. Keep fucking drinking bro, booze is awesome. You're not Archimedes though.
>>
>>28302468
Came to say this

Original comment certified
>>
The dilution back then made being a drunk a full time job, they weren't drinking booze to get hammered.

Drinking like they did back then will just give you cirrhosis and fuck your shit up.
>>
B-but this who guy said one bottle of wine a day is healthier than drinking nothing?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2608193/Bottle-wine-day-not-bad-Leading-scientist-claim-exceed-recommended-does-live-longer-teetotallers.html
>>
>>28302346
>4 bottles a day
Of wine?

Worked in a liquor store and sold four bottles of the exact same $7 chardonnay to a dude, about 70 years old, every single day without fail at 10am. We all knew him as "chardonnay man".

Over the three years I worked there, he gradually went from pleasant and chatty, to aloof, to disoriented and easily confused, to trembling so bad he couldn't put his pin number in the machine, to crashing his car into our dumpster and getting banned from the store.

His daughter took care of him after that. Apparently he got the DTs, had a seizure and died.

Four bottles of wine is more alcohol than a bottle of scotch.
>>
I think the word alcohol comes from the Arabic Al Khul, I could be wrong but I do know that slaves in ancient egypt drank beer all day everyday
>>
Just drink Guinness
>>
>>28303036
And now we wageslaves in modern day America do the same...
>>
>>28303018
His wife probably died or some other horrible shit and he decided to drink himself to death and succeeded. RIP in pieces
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.