[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw unable to get a job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: 1425591784332.gif (16 KB, 631x708) Image search: [Google]
1425591784332.gif
16 KB, 631x708
>tfw unable to get a job
>>
Keep trying

took me about 80 apps to get mine

gl
>>
>>28301806
I'm losing hope.

It feels like there's no real point when no matter what I do, I never get hired, ever.
>>
>>28301806
what did you apply for and what did you end up getting?
>>
>>28301824
>I'm losing hope.

same. 20 yrs old and never had a job. probably doesn't look good to hiring managers.

plus, i have acne and i think that works against me. doesn't help when that i barely see employees with acne as bad as mine.
>>
>>28301736
keep trying and if you have fear of rejection and failure you're going to have to face it
>>
>>28301872
23 years old, never had a real job

most i ever did was work for my dad's landscaping place for a few months and i had a temporary job at a retail place that lasted for all of three days during the summer. yes, really

i also have a host of mental issues and have applied for disability, which i may possibly get, which i'm not proud of.

i just really want a job, a car, and my own place, but for whatever reason, that shit is so hard to obtain if you're a robot
>>
>want to get a job because want a new place to live and a husky
>dont want to get a job because I'm too scared
>>
>>28301955
it's not so much a fear of rejection and failure as it is confidence that i will never get hired

when you've applied for probably 100s of jobs by now and not a single one has hired you, why even bother?
>>
>>28301982
fear of being inadequate i have that too. have you had any job interviews or calls back?
>>
>>28302032
i've had a few job interviews at some places but even the ones that seem like they went well never call me back
>>
>>28301956
i understand. i really want a job too. tired of being a neet.

do you ever put your dad's landscaping place as work experience?

im curious bc i was an "intern" at a company my aunt works at for about a month and i always struggle with putting it on the app bc idk if it looks like real experience.

i also don't like those dumb online personality tests they have you do. they tell you not to lie, but if you be honest, you still don't get the job. i never know what exactly they want.
>>
>>28301956
your father is legitimately ashamed of you.
why not go back and work for him, get some skills and experience and some reliable references
I was told on monday I'd have no work for the next month from my usual employer, literally spent one hour applying to every relevant job I could, had a one off job today and starting what could potentially be a long term tomorrow
All for a mere $280 a day
>>
>>28301850
applied and got a software dev position

>>28301824
I did too for a while but eventually it happened. It sucks massive dick but there really is no other choice. Had to practice shitty interview tactics for a while
>>
>>28302117
>landscape laborer btw
>>
>>28302087
I did put it on my resume only i lied and said that i worked there for a couple of years. apparently my dad is okay with it since he revised it

did the same for the other job that i had. lied and said that i worked there for much, much longer than i did, like a year or so

>i also don't like those dumb online personality tests they have you do. they tell you not to lie, but if you be honest, you still don't get the job. i never know what exactly they want.
same and to be honest, they ALWAYS amount to just being a massive waste of time

typically i only apply at places that are relatively quick, brief, and easy to apply to and what's more, those are the places that are more likely to call me back anyway

>>28302117
>your father is legitimately ashamed of you.
you don't fucking know shit. considering my folks let me off with shit that other parents would never do and they're the ones who make me go to therapist sessions and shit. my mom and dad are pretty nice

>why not go back and work for him, get some skills and experience and some reliable references
that's really not feasible right now since they haven't been getting any work lately. i don't know why people like you assume you know people's situations
>>
>>28302050
do you call them as well? I had that problem and i didn't call the interviewer afterwards. a part of jobs interviews is marketing yourself and projecting your best qualities. so the way you dress and sound plays apart in getting hired. at the very least have confidence in what you know. also make sure it's the job you want, ask them question about the place you're working and the job position.
>>
File: vibrant.jpg (279 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
vibrant.jpg
279 KB, 399x388
>tfw unable to hold a job

Even when I get one I can't force myself to stay at it. I feel constantly tense and on edge and can never sleep at night because I'm dreading the next day of work so badly I can't sleep. The longest I've held a job is 9 months.
>>
>>28302170
i don't know what i'd even say if i tried to call them
>>
>>28301736

You can't find a job? Or you can't find a job you think you deserve?
>>
>tfw about to drop out of university and have never had a job at 22

how do I get an apprenticeship as an electrician or something? do I need work experience for that? is it a good robot job? should I resign myself to NEETdom?
>>
>>28302179
>no sleep for 9 months
How'd that work out for you?
>>
>>28302238
Not too well, after awhile I was able to sleep a couple hours each night just because of physical exhaustion. I'd fall asleep around 3AM and then get up at 5:30AM for another 10 hour shift. It was 60 hours a week the whole time I was there, the overtime was mandatory. Staying as long as I did was probably a bad choice considering how miserable it made me but I didn't want to disappoint my family again so I stuck it out as long as I could.
>>
OP here

another thing i don't like is the social stigma of being a NEET. you basically can't tell anyone the truth or else they'll think you're a loser. i can't deal with people judging me negatively, making fun of me, making rude remarks about me, etc.
>>
>>28302196
you can start with some pleasantries and ask how he or she doing and if the interviewer had come up with a decision yet. it's terrifying but it's something I had to get used to doing and its still an uncomfortable feeling
>>
I got fired from a restaurant I worked in for 3 months. I hated it there, but I was really worried about getting a good reference. They told me they wouldn't give a bad reference but I still haven't able to get a job . I don't know if I should keep using them. I want another restaurant job
>>
>tfw no car to get to the places that are actually hiring in my shit county
fuck this game
>>
>>28302267
I'm struggling to believe you worked for 9 months on none or just 2.5 hours sleep a night and just put up with it. If that was me, I'd quit and get disability allowance. If they wouldn't let me, I'd live in the woods in a tent and feed off small animals. Think I'm joking?
>>
>>28302330
Yeah? I don't want to leave them with a negative impression of me or make things awkward
>>
>>28302350
>tfw no car
>no money to buy a car
>can't get a job without a car
See where I'm going with this?
>>
>>28301736
It took me 3 years and 10,000's of applications and I finally lucked out with something permanent and career-like.
>>
>>28302426
details? what kind of place are you working at? how old are you?
>>
>>28302384
it only awkward if you make it awkward. unless they give the line we'll call you. then you know to wait or you're not getting the it
>>
>>28302435
Im 22 years old, I work in aviation and im an apprentice. $18 an hour though so its bad but at least i can start saving for a car and try to catch up to other people my age.

>I have 8 years until im 30 and I need to own my own home.
>>
>>28302436
>unless they give the line we'll call you.

>tfw my phone is turned off so i can't even receive calls

Fuck my life.
>>
>>28302463
Fuck man. I'm glad you're doing alright but shit, $18 an hour? I'll be lucky to make $8.

I always apply to the most entry-level, most minimum of wage jobs and I still don't get hired. I don't fucking get it man.

And sometimes I hear stories of people applying for just one or two jobs and then getting hired right off the bat. Why do some people have it so easy?
>>
>>28302467
i knew that feel had one interview ending with them saying they would call me and when i ask when can i expect for a call they said something like 4-6 weeks.
>>
>>28302556
its either nepotism or he or she killed that interview
>>
>>28302638
hopefully i can get service again soon

in my heart, i'm really wishing that i got a call for this place i interviewed with back in march and hoping that they called me in april but i couldn't receive the call since it was turned off. and i hope i can get back to them if they did and try to explain my situation or something. but that's just wishful thinking

>>28302660
yeah seriously

$18/hour. holy fuck dude
>>
>>28302556
normalfags have flawless social skills

employers don't want to hire robots like us.
>>
>>28302955
i think you're probably right
>>
>>28301736
Black khv here.

Just apply for general labor positions through a temp agency. I saw a job posting on Craigslist for one that paid 12.37 an hour and the.next day when I went in and did some paperwork for the agency and some tax stuff and gave them my resume which had two hald baked references and no job experience, I was sent for work right away that day. My earnings this week are 415 CAD, and that doesn't include what I earned through selling shit in kijiji. I live with my mom and domt pay rent or electricity. I'm pretty set.
>>
Apply for everything. Legit everything. Your job search should not be on the job search website but in your e-mails for any interviews you get.

Just go on multiple websites, make an account, especially ones where you can just throw your resume at them without typing anything out. There's a couple of one click ones.

Look for your area. Apply for everything. Do that till you have a BUNCH. Check your e-mails, then you read about them there.
>>
>>28301806
>this
the simple experience of struggling to get a job will undoubtedly result in you getting a job. it just the way the world works bro. we all get exactly what we want.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.