[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a dilemma for you, /r9k/. I'm a deeply empathetic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
I have a dilemma for you, /r9k/. I'm a deeply empathetic person, and I have a strong urge to take care of people in need. However, many people like to play the victim and act like they need help for their own selfish reasons. So how do I tell the difference between genuine people and snakes?
>>
I dunno go with your gut? Use judgement?
>>
>>28301725
Only help those that don't ask for help.
>>
>>28301725

My advice is: don't be so quick to bend over backwards for people. Too many people take it for granted and won't reciprocate. Let them prove their worth as a friend before you go out of your way to 'help them'

Vetting people isn't easy I still haven't figured it all out yet
>>
>>28301801
I think you're right, this is consistent with what I've found. It's like suicide; people who are serious about it don't tell anyone, they just do what needs to be done.
>>
>>28301725
It's something difficult to learn that many empathetic people struggle with. Part of the key is not getting frustrated if you feel you've been fooled or used by someone. People who use other people, are, in fact, just as helpless as those who genuinely need it. People are naturally selfish. A lot of these people can't help feeling this way. This means you have a lot of responsibility in your hands. If you help someone, and expect something in return, then you may be helping people for your own selfish reasons too. I don't think you should expect anything in return for helping someone. The action alone is probably enough, if you are truly kind.
>>
>>28301935
Oh no, I'm not expecting anything in return. I'm willing to give without taking. The thing that bothers me is just the feeling of being taken advantage of, it hurts my pride severely.
>>
>>28301725
>Winter Light
>VLC
my nigger
>>
>>28301972
I must be honest, I am a pleb who watched it on youtube, the image was just something I downloaded to start a thread on /tv/.

But the movie is amazing, so far I've only seen it and Seventh Seal, though I plan on watching Wild Strawberries after I get through the next few animu in my backlog.
>>
>>28301962
Ah, okay. It's something I struggled a lot with. I think after I came to the realization that everyone does something for a reason, and that people also manipulate/use for reasons, and also going through many relationships where such stuff happens has toned down the frustration it used to give me. It also helps me to learn to forgive them, not in the sense of going back and trying to deal with them again, but to just let go and wish them the best, rather than to hold grudges and be frustrated. I'm rambling a bit, sorry. It's just my philosophy and I can relate a lot when it comes to this sort of stuff. I experienced it a lot in my life.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.