[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/dreams/ & /lucid/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1459214057234.jpg (293 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1459214057234.jpg
293 KB, 1680x1050
Why aren't all robots learning to lucid dream? It seems like the ultimate solution, no matter how hard or shitty life gets you can always go to your dream world where you are a god.

I'm still a beginner and haven't experienced one yet, but I've kept a journal for a few months and can basically recall at least one dream every night. Very recently I've decided to start practicing WILD, hopefully it turns out well. Not really a fan of reality checks because they're a pain in the ass and don't work well for me.

Any tips? Thoughts? Experiences? pls share
>>
i never learned it at all. it comes naturally to me.

>Desu Senpai Kek
>>
As someone who has had very vivid dreams for their whole life I've decided that I don't want to control them because I'm afraid they will become less interesting.
>>
fasting. if you dont eat all day only water..

>Desu Senpai Kek
>>
There are things that need to pass here first. Ten, yes, it is all about restructuring the nightmare reality has imposed upon my previously pure dreamworld.
>>
I can't have lucid dreams but I have seriously intricate dreams with actual narratives to them, never raw surrealist nonsense. Unfortunately any attempt to control the dream falls apart. Also, I can't drive in my dreams, whatever car I'm in handles like its on ice and I get super stressed about the police.

I need to start writing some of them down though, a lot of them are batshit.
/blog
>>
>>28300812
I've been half-assedly trying. My reality check is pushing my fingers into my palm and if they go through I'm dreaming. Yours? Last dream i had was playing Until Dawn with my sister and we had to find a way to kill a wendigo irl
>>
>>28300812
I'm saying this again and again: I would never taint the autogenesis of my dreams with any mundane alterations of my conscoius mind.

>>28300846
This, too. It will never (hopefully) reach the level of full awareness, but I've been becoming more semi-conscious of my dreams as I age. It's semi-yearly at this point.
>>
>>28300812
just keep doing the reality checks man they work took me over a month of doing them consistantly to have one...

sucks i used to be able to control my dreams every night until about 13 or 14 the time i started smoking weed doing drugs etc.. i love weed but it noticeably has an effect on dream for sure.. i can stop smoking and ill have a dream every night that i can remember and when i smoke i always just have blackout sleep
>>
>>28300892
I too have had an Until Dawn dream
>>
>>28300875
Are you me? Damn.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (5 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
5 KB, 247x204
Weirdest dreams m8s?

I had a dream where I was fucking some above average brunette chick. However halfway through I couldn't get hard so I just cut my dick in half for some reason. No blood, it looked like the like likes from zelda. I then continued to fuck her with half a penis. I'd imagine Freud would have a field day with this.
>>
>>28300937
Do you remember what it was about?

who died?
>>
I don't think I've ever had a dream or I just never remember. I close my eyes, kind of think about random stuff that happened during the day then all of a sudden I'm awake. Why does this happen?
>>
>>28300892
Mine is squeezing my nose shut and trying to breathe through it
>>
>>28301767
Interesting. Also a tad scary
>>
>>28300846
Like other curious things?
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 781x552) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 781x552
If you want extremely lucid dreams, buy some nicotine patches. When I was trying to quit, I used about three months worth of max dose (~21mg per patch). Drawback is that sometimes the dreams are really bizzare and you feel fucked up the entire day. Some of the dreams were very interesting though... Never had dreams like that afterwards.
>>
>>28301818
Strangely it's the only thing that doesn't freak me out and making me uncomfortable. The thought of seeing my finger go through my hand is scary. Plugging my nose and still being able to breath can actually be quite pleasant
>>
>>28301862
Oh and I forgot to add that I dreamt EVERY night when I had the patch on - i.e. I was able to recall everything when I woke up. Under normal circumstances this is never the case... I typically dream only 2 times a month, at most.
>>
>have been interested in lucid dreaming for years
>have researched countless techniques, methods, tricks, etc
>have most of the knowledge I need
>still can't consistently lucid dream or remember my dreams

I feel like at this point I should just start over on a clean slate, it really bugs me how I've never gotten any better. Anyone who's learned to lucid dream consistently have any tips? I've heard meditation might help with recall and clarity in dreams, is that true?

Please no natural talent faggots, I'm eternally jealous.
>>
>>28300812
how does one have a lucid dream I've tried every trick in the book and nothing happens.
>>
>>28301885
That's interesting. I'd rather not fuck with my breathing when I'm sleeping. I don't want that split second of panic it could cause of oh shit can't breath
>>
I've been doing it since I was four.

It's not really a much better escape from reality than a good book, but it is a lot of fun.
>>
>>28302357
>It's not really a much better escape from reality than a good book, but it is a lot of fun
you cant fondle tiddies by reading a book anon
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.