[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cutfags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
Any robots ever cut themselves before?
Can someone explain to me why would a person do this?

A friend recently opened up that they used to do it , but couldn't explain why they did it
>it was an urge I had
>it felt like an itch
>I just had to do it

They didn't do for attention either, the cuts are on thighs or upper arm and remained hidden for years... Why?
>>
>>28300443
Too many reasons. After being locked inside for years you start to feel like everything is a dream and things seem very distant - almost like you're trapped in a simulation or something. I think the medical term for this is disassociation and it isn't easily treatable but one thing I've found that helps is cutting. It draws you back instantly into the moment so you know that your surroundings are real and that you're actually alive. Sounds fucked up but it works.

The other reasons are far simpler. Cutting releases endorphins which help negative the effects of pain and generally make you feel good. There can be legitimate sexual reasons why people might want to combine something like cutting with sex, but I think a lot of people use it as a coping mechanism in that its very effective at blocking out mental pain by serving as a physical distraction.

I remember being suicidal and cutting myself and then just lying there feeling nothing. Eventually I could feel the pain of my cuts but I no longer felt crushing depression. Self-hatred is the other obvious reason for cutting.
>>
they generally do it when they are fully numb, all over. they do it because they think they deserve it but they know once that numbness wears off they regret it but they keep going back to it. they think punishment should be put upon themselves. it's hard to understand but this is what i can say from personal experience. sorry if other anons think im wrong
>>
>secret hatred of being a corporeal being
>self-hatred manifested
>aggression targeted at someone other than who it should've been targeted at
>fetish shit, maybe they get off on it
>>
>>28300443
It was for attention, your friend wanted to give the impression that they were so miserable that physical pain was a distraction from the mental torment.

I knew a girl who carved the word slut on her lower stomach area or leg i can't remember. she did it because i called her a slut for fucking some guy to make me angry, she then showed the cutting to other people so they would think she was being tormented and had been driven to a madness that caused her to scrape the word slut on herself. Women are absolute shit.
>>
>>28300443
Yes, most people just give circular pseudoreasons.

In my case, it is simply and boringly a token of self-determination. If you've been wronged and circumstances are such that you can't argue your case anymore, then to avoid a will-degenerative, passive acceptance, 'oh well, let's move on', you choose to assert that will in a self-destructive (i.e. least practical = hardest = most proving) manner, i.e cutting. Or for instance destroying possessions.
>>
I wish my lawn would cut itself.
>>
>>28300443
What did that left thigh ever do to deserve so much abuse
>>
>>28300517
(If anyone's curious, where the posters above's 'self-hatred' comes into it is hatred of failing to defend yourself against the injustice. You hate the idea of letting it happen, and the idea of letting it go even more. That's why I say that self-harmers have a high sense of justice, including self-justice.)
>>
>>28300443
I went through a period of depression last year, everything felt numb.
I was apathetic to everything- I cut a little bit because the pain was better than feeling like I wanted to die.
Like, the pain made me not want to die.
>>
>>28300512
If it's for attention then why do some people hide it like the plague and cut in areas of the body that is not commonly exposed even in the summer?
In your example sure the bitch wanted you specifically to see it and cause the reaction but surely not all cutters are attention whores.
>>
File: 1457567174351.jpg (19 KB, 397x348) Image search: [Google]
1457567174351.jpg
19 KB, 397x348
>>28300544
keked and checked, I haven't heard this one before
>>
>>28300549
fell asleep one too many times...
>>
>>28300517
>>28300551
In short, self-harm is habituation always to react.
>>
>>28300584
You got me there, i suppose some people don't do it for attention, self harm is correlated with autism maybe cutters are autistic? I'm sure some of them are.
>>
a girl i loved once cuts herself every night because she feels guilty of accusing me of rape

i don't know if that's the reason, she might be lying, but it makes me sad because i don't think she deserves that.
>>
File: yhr9fbc.jpg (34 KB, 368x432) Image search: [Google]
yhr9fbc.jpg
34 KB, 368x432
Fucking pathetic, even for robots.
>>
>>28300591
You didn't go to school in 2005 when everyone made fun of emos?
>>
>>28300705
They do it to feel pain not to kill themselves tbo
>>
I use to do it when I was drunk and I would also burn myself, now I just burn myself with the metal part of the lighter. There's no reason I really do it I just like the way it feels
>>
>>28300779
Jesus christ a burn scar doesn't heal nearly as fast or as good as a cut, is your skin all fucked up now?
>>
>>28300837
I just have a few scars on my arm and a lot on my leg
>>
>>28300856
But like, burns blister and the tissue is forever damaged, post pics please. Sounds incredibly unpleasant.
>>
>>28300705
try it then it actually feels good mang
>>
>>28300443
Have ocd. Used to burn myself in order to make ocd thoughts go away from preoccupation with pain. It worked somewhat but there are more effective and less destructive ways.

I don't understand the kind of person that makes a few shallow scratches and posts pictures of them to internet. I assume that's just trying to get attention.
>>
>>28301159
>there are more effective and less destructive ways

Like what? (I already know what you're going to say and it makes me half laugh and half pity you for your choice.)
>>
>>28301159
How did ocd relate to cutting?
I thought that was just wanting to be neat, organize things a certain way, wash your hands 10 times kind of problem... It escalates to cutting?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.