[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Job/Life Plan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7
File: 1461803819754-4.jpg (386 KB, 613x1168) Image search: [Google]
1461803819754-4.jpg
386 KB, 613x1168
Good jobs for robots?

What should I major in to be a good wagecuck/slave? I'm good at math and stuff but I'm easily stressed. Very. Anxiety, apparently bipolar. On benzos. Have been told I'm smarter than the average bear but I don't apply myself/mental conditions get in the way of that. Apparently its so bad my shrink told me "realistically, we have to plan in a way where you can get a job, college isn't always the best option since debt cant be consolidated. Consider electrician or plumber, and worse case scenario, we write you up for medicaid and benefits making less than 14k a year, thats our backup." He wasn't being condescending or a douche he's a really smart good guy. Help.

>tfw no qtptgf with a feminine penis
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 1086x1072) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 1086x1072
>>28297362
Programming is the only solution
>>
File: 1461802379411-3.jpg (33 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
1461802379411-3.jpg
33 KB, 500x380
>>28297383
I've been looking into it but honestly, pajeet can do what we do for much less. Code monkeys are a dime a dozen.

Is it really worth it? not sure. Might ask /g/.

Pajeet is cheap labor, ruskies are cheap labor, even the Supercell android devs are from poland or something.

I downloaded the entire gentoomen library though so I can start there.
>>
File: CcaOX48UYAMTnzj.jpg (63 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CcaOX48UYAMTnzj.jpg
63 KB, 600x450
>>28297362
>Good jobs for robots?
paleontologist or geologist

its respected but at the same time you just get to play with rocks all day

what the scientists do is go and find rocks and bring them back to the museum

then they put the rocks into the cabinets and label them

then sometimes they take them out and look at them under a microscope

very easy job, very cool and exciting

also you get to work with dinosaurs!
>>
File: 1461802458354-1.jpg (725 KB, 1000x1409) Image search: [Google]
1461802458354-1.jpg
725 KB, 1000x1409
>>28297453
wow didn't even consider that.

Geologist does sound pretty cool. I like rocks desu, a lot. Used to collect different striated rocks and such when I was younger, I think I have a meteorite fragment as a gift somewhere.

I'll look into it, thanks.
>>
>>28297485
>Geologist does sound pretty cool.
Yeah, if you are good its pretty lucrative too

after you finish a geology program at uni you also have to take a qualification exam to get the title professional geologist that lets you work as a geologist, I think the job market is pretty stable though

my uncle was a geologist, he helped design the water infastructure in algeria, he got paid a lot of money
>>
>>28297362
Honestly? I wanna just go into IT. I don't care what I do since I've never been in the field before. My main goal is to just hit that 40k/year mark. At that mark, I can never have to worry about debt or bills or shit.

Remember that you work to live, don't live to work. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either too reliant on The Dollar or don't know how else to live.
>>
>>28298138
>My main goal is to just hit that 40k/year mark
are you serious? that's pretty pathetic desu

you can hit that with a job only slightly above min wage
>>
File: 1461802458355-4.jpg (335 KB, 672x874) Image search: [Google]
1461802458355-4.jpg
335 KB, 672x874
>>28297603
Again, thank you. Sorry had to shower. Its been a bit. Sounds real nice.

>>28298138
Got it anon, thanks. And I'm the same in terms of life plans. Just enough to get by and do stuff I want.

>>28298263
Just being realistic m8.

BUMP.
>>
>>28298263
It's better than a lot of people in the Healthcare field make, which includes most of my family.
Cost of living isn't high here so I'd be able to save like 12k a year easy.

Will I stop at that amount? No, but I'll have legit peace of mind. That is what would make me happy.
>>
File: dzQX77M.jpg (112 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
dzQX77M.jpg
112 KB, 768x1024
>>28297362
>>28297485
Go to CC, save ass loads of money, apply yourself (as in actually get good grades, which will be easy if you're as smart as you say you are,) transfer to a decent or better 4 year for your upper divs, find some prof that you can do research under, do research consistently for your time at uni, get decent grades, easily transition into the work force through your actual experience and make what you want doing something you don't actually hate. or if you're stupid( which you might be at the time) go to grad school.

Shits pretty much copy and paste for most stem majors, rough part will be getting classes at CC and the intolerable suffering that is acting like a sorta normal person while doing research.

Good luck with whatever it is that you do, which will probably involve jerking it to 2D traps throughout most of it. dont let anyone know that you jerk it to 2d traps
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.