[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I've never seen a dumb person become smart, an evil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: stay-lazy-and-eat-all-day.png (37 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
stay-lazy-and-eat-all-day.png
37 KB, 600x700
>I've never seen a dumb person become smart, an evil person become good, or a lazy person become ambitious. I'm sure it happens to some degree, but generally speaking, it isn't a thing.

>We have some control over our intelligence, ambition, and character, but not much. On the whole, dumb people stay dumb, lazy people stay lazy, and sociopaths stay evil. Biology is hard to overcome.

Do you agree with the above? In my experience and from what I've seen, it's true.
>>
Nope. I've seen everything about someone change after joining the military or having a child. People constantly adapt to the conditions they're in and every day you're a slightly different person.

This also seems like you're subtly advocating eugenics, so fuck off back to /pol/
>>
>>28297158
People who say we can change 'if we only choose to' are guilty of saying tautologies.

People who say that we can 'choose' to act against a relationship describing, for instance, how quality of life is determined by IQ can't into statistics, because they arbitrarily extend every statistical conception of a relationship between one's past and one's future with the extra condition of 'you can act against it if only the thought to do so occurs to you', conveniently forgetting that it's a whole new statistical relationship and what they said is 100% irrelevant.

tl;dr you're right OP, but the sheer volume of ignorance of your detractors makes it pointless to argue. Find a small, select group of friends who are capable of understanding and work from there; it's pointless to try to talk to the majority. Maybe if someone wrote a book...
>>
File: 1436242332197.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1436242332197.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>28297307
Fuck off back to tumblr, you triggered normie retard.
>>
>>28297424
(By the way: it took me some five years of blindly groping around to understand those simple two points alone, because literally no one around me would be interested in those and help me; the subject is politicized to the core.)
>>
I have personally seen many people dramatically change, but most were ether young or had a MAJOR upset in their lives that forces them to change.

People are quite adaptable.
The only one of your examples I have not personally seen after childhood is the dumb person becoming smart.

For fuck sake bad people and lazy people turn their lives around all the fucking time.

Then again this is probably more determinism bait. Specifically biological determinism.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.