[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 16
File: college (knowledge).jpg (272 KB, 1600x990) Image search: [Google]
college (knowledge).jpg
272 KB, 1600x990
So robots, what is your college life like? General college feels/discussion thread
>>
tfw i went to ohio state

tfw poorfag

oh well
>>
>>28294668
What was it like at Ohio State? Heard it is a pretty good school.
>>
>>28294658
>tfw they fall for the college meme

Wew
e
w.

Tbh college isn't really worth it. Even people in STEM majors have a hard time getting jobs. Looks like graduate school is the new high school now
>>
I'm going to Davidson right now (its in north Carolina). Its pretty cool. I fucking hate hippies. I like it because it has a southern culture, but it is a liberal arts college, so it has a shit ton of hippies.
>>
>>28295188
Thought Davidson was one of the more conservative cities in North Carolina. Are you pressured on the workload?
>>
File: Oklahoma_Sooners.jpg (73 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
Oklahoma_Sooners.jpg
73 KB, 1365x1024
>>28294658
>tfw i go to ou
this place is literally normie central. Everyone wears boat shoes in the summer and cowboy boots in the winter. This isn't the fucking wild west. YEEEHAW
>>
Holy fuck the put Utep on this
>>
>>28295397
How is OU in terms of academics? I know 2 smart people in my grade that go there. I think the rest are dumb normies who are going there with full tuition
>>
>>28294700
not him but it is alright if you live on north campus, although some of the professors I've had to deal with (or the lack of them) makes me want to die.
>>
>>28295421
It's a big school and I've never gone to any other college so it's hard to really know. There are plenty of very smart people here and I've had some passionate professors. So you can definitely learn a lot if you're willing to put the effort in.
>>
File: pep2fucfegmv5ngort1u.png (27 KB, 1056x525) Image search: [Google]
pep2fucfegmv5ngort1u.png
27 KB, 1056x525
reporting in from chadcentral
>>
>>28295905
Never heard of it. What's it like
>>
>tfw go to Miami University
>tfw surrounded by normies all the time
This was a mistake
>>
>>28296228
The one in Ohio or Florida
>>
STEVENS
T
E
V
E
N
S

This place is full of spergs
>>
>>28296737
miami university - ohio
university of miami - florida
>>
I went to Rutgers. It was pretty robot friendly desu. I just kept to myself and for the most part was left alone.

I had literally zero friends for most of it, but that was most likely because I just isolated myself. The normies and even the chads and stacies were actually pretty nice people. I just had nothing in common with them. Summers were the best. The school was 90% empty and I'd take easy classes and work campus security and just read and take long walks.

Professors were also very good and the campus was nice and comfy. Overall I'd say it was the perfect school for me. I really miss it desu. Way better than wageslaving.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 248x242) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 248x242
>>28294658
I'm in WA, but I don't go to either of the big colleges here. I study computer science in a community college. Also I'm not getting that college experience because I have to work full time so I can pay for college.
>tfw parents were considered too wealthy for me to get financial aid
>tfw they make just enough to pay the bills
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>28296969
I'm graduating from Rutgers in 2 weeks. I think I've had the same experience as you, lived on campus for 3 years and I keep to myself.
>>
>>28297067
The college "experience" is overrated for robots. Sure it's fantastic for normies, but you're honestly not missing a whole lot that you couldn't just do on a smaller scale at a community college. Good luck though.
>>
File: 12369481273.png (180 KB, 472x331) Image search: [Google]
12369481273.png
180 KB, 472x331
>tfw Community College
It's not a bad school, but everybody makes it out to be the worst place ever and you're belittled for going there. I got accepted to multiple schools, from Clarkson to Elmira, but I didn't have that kind of money to blow on education. Yet here I am, being shit on for trying to get a degree affordably.
>>
>>28295397
fellow OU bot here. what major?
>>
>tfw Purduefag
>tfw engineering
>tfw I hate it
>>
>>28296228
im going there next year. Is it really that bad?
>>
>>28295120
Is making fun of that "meme" a new meme now? Please explain.
>>
>>28295905
yoo senpai ucsd lets hang out
>>
go to penn state and I'm in a frat. Life is awesome: easy classes, crazy fun parties, and I have a job lined up for the summe
>>
File: image.png (64 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.png
64 KB, 900x900
Classes are hard. People are cool. Parties are cool. Girls are freaks. Living is EXPENSIVE.

THe best part is not having a campus and there are a lot of colleges in New York City so we freely socialize and fuck.

Also no uptight conservatards getting married at 19 and spewing Jesus stuff.
>>
Texas Tech here.

I go to class, go to the rec center and play vidya.

Occasionally the girl I know because she went to the same church I did shows up and makes me do stuff with her friends. I don't mind the socializing, they're just really boring.
>>
baylor is 100% normies
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 960x960
>>28294658
>my college isn't even on the map
>tfw Eastern Washington University
>tfw dual mathematics and comp sci major
>tfw no friends
>tfw social reject
>>
going here next year what to expect?
>>
File: 1428538847895.png (996 KB, 1151x1152) Image search: [Google]
1428538847895.png
996 KB, 1151x1152
PLEASE HELP

I GO TO ARMY BASIC IN AUGUST AND RETURN MARCH. I'M IN THE RESERVES. I GET 4500 A YEAR FOR COLLEGE. I CAN PAY OFF COMMUNITY WITH THIS AND LIKE A THIRD OF UNIVERSITY EACH YEAR.

WHAT SCHOOL SHOULD I GO TO?

I LIVE IN RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA, CLOSEST BIG UNIVERSITY IS UCR. (UNIVERSITY CALIFORNIA RIVERSIDE)

I plan on going to community then transferring. I got okay grades in HS, 50/50 with As and Bs, like 3.5 or so GPA. Like 2 APs. Got 1800 on SAT, will it matter though?

Looking for any advice.
>>
>>28296228
I also go to Miami, senpai, where do you live?
>>
>Tfw rejected from almost all schools
>Tfw forced to go to a small shitty liberal arts school in my hometown
>Tfw got into incredible schools as a transfer student but received no financial aid

I got into my two reach schools this time around. Every time I think about the fact that if I had just been poorer I'd get to go them for free I die inside.
>>
Middlebury.

The people here blow.
>>
File: brule.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
brule.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>28294658
>Go to RPI in NY
>for comp sci
>probably spending way more money than I should
Fewer normies and more robots than other schools at least. Problem is that all the kids who are as weird as me are too weird and I can't stand them. The kids who aren't as weird as me are normies and I can't stand them. One good friend I had (drinking buddy) is in rehab now, didn't even tell me (I think he was embarrassed, or maybe he just didn't consider me that good a friend), he just disappeared. Scary thing is that I don't even know what he's in rehab for, it could be literally anything. He did it all.
It sounds bleak but honestly not too bad. Better than high school for sure. I talk to my good friends from HS regularly so I didn't lose any of the good bits, but now I have to independence to go/not go to class when I please, drink, smoke weed (usually alone, I'm no chad), etc. I do enjoy programming, it gives some sense of purpose/progression to my life. I have an internship lined up for the summer, and likely a job. Just need to interview. I talk to girls regularly too, so that's nice. People here are pretty generally friendly. I have some kind of friends that I hang out with but (for example) don't have their number, and I feel like they hang out with each other more than with me. But it's ok because I don't really like people in general.

I dunno, it's ok in general. Right now I kind of have the illusion that my life is under control, which is nice. I'm still a khv but that's whatever. If I'm unhappy then I can't really tell because it's no more unhappy than I've been before (speaking in the long-term). At least I can look forward to graduation and making bank (I am actually smart and good at what I do, so I'm not that worried about getting a decent job).
Overall life is ok, I guess.
>>
>>28297146
I would shit on people with common sense too if I spent $50,000 dollars for an ass fucking.
>>
File: 1461213657193.jpg (411 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1461213657193.jpg
411 KB, 1462x1462
>>28299026
>he fell for the army meme
>>
>>28299523
>implyingg
>>
>tfw white guy at historically black college with tuition paid for
Mixed feelings family
>>
College has been okay so far I'm going for a BS in Mathematics so people don't usually talk to me. Fucking hate taking Intro To Mechanics, applied maths piss me off. So yeah it's okay.
>>
>>28296130
it's literally the party school short of chico
>>
File: 1427946861478.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1427946861478.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>South Dakota
>Covered by NDSU shit

Shit map, Should have SDSU and USD for South Dakota.
T.South Dakotan
>>
>tfw at community college for two years
>tfw accepted into university of illinois urbana
>tfw parents won't let me go because we'd allegedly save $15,000 and because they think i'll get hurt
>tfw forced to do one more semester to graduate and may be forced to go to a smaller school i don't want to go
kill me
>>
>>28297146
>clarkson
>elmira
what country are you in fellow robot? I'm in Chemung
>>
File: B5FBrydCEAow-7d.jpg (13 KB, 338x339) Image search: [Google]
B5FBrydCEAow-7d.jpg
13 KB, 338x339
>howdy
North Gate was fucking great. Midnight yell is kind of an annoying tradition but it is what it is. I loved watching my wife try to do her ring dunk.
>they gave her pitcher of guinness mixed with an unspecified amount of jameson
>>
>>28299911
I meant county, not country.
>>
>>28299947
Oh I forgot this too. Fucking glorious man. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1TuzPiLyoc
>>
>>28299278
ahh a fellow RPI student, why am I not surprised?

I'm not a comp sci but cuck stew is a pretty good prof, had him for cs1.

Tbh, if you think there's people here weirder than you than you're doing pretty good. Obviously there's the normie chads (read: pikes) but outside of that small group I feel like RPI is just a bunch of not incredibly weird robots.

Good luck brother, also "Overall life is ok, I guess" the motto of every single person here
>>
>>28297146
>>28298764
>>28299278
>>28299911
>>28300020
Wait a minute. Why are so many robots in New York State?
>>
>>28296750
Which techbabby is this
Is that you Bobo
>>
Nmsu here
I tend to annoy my roommate at night.
>>
>be me
>5'7" beta manlet
>at rager with a dank DJ
>wiling on acid tabsies, cokesies and weedsies
>jumping and bumping my fist up like a mad mofo
>I must have been the most hardcore party vibe guy there
>even the tall white muscle bro Chads weren't raging as hard as I was
>short Asian freshman girl dances next to me
>she cuts in front of me
>gets all up in my personal space
>grabs my arm and throws it over her shoulder
>grinds her ass against my crotch
>we alternate btw this and us grinding front to front with my arm around her waist and hips
>my face in her neck etc.
>continues for 30 minutes
>1:30 am the DJ party ends
>mass crowd of people leave
>I lose girl I was dancing with in the big crowd
>talked with her a bit at the party
>forgot to ask her number or give her my number
>forgot her name morning after bc I was tripping balls at the time
>we were vibing pretty hard

Does this mean anything?
Should I even try to find her again?
What do, arcanine?
>>
File: 1460800901751.jpg (60 KB, 800x677) Image search: [Google]
1460800901751.jpg
60 KB, 800x677
>>28300353
I'll add that my campus is not particularly big. So if I go to a lot more ragers I possibly might be able to meet her again at one of them just bc of pure probability.
>>
>>28294658
SKOO Buffs.

Used to be a robot til college. Then hit it off with some queers, fucked some dudes and realized I'm mostly gay. Started a political movement and I shook Martin O'Malley's hand and shit while he was dumping on drumpf.

Also have started to enjoy alcohol and weed more due to colorado.

SKOO BUFFS
>>
Oregon State isn't in the northwest tip of Oregon. wtf?
>>
>>28298222
Il be going to purdue next year for engineering, any advice?
>>
>>28300353
You sound like such a tool. Stop using such douchebag normie vernacular in an attempt to sound cool. Speak English, you disgusting mongrel. I doubt even half us know what the fuck you're trying to say.
>cokesies, weedsies
>we were vibing pretty hard
Are you some kind of faggot that thinks this sounds cool?

But to answer your question, she most likely does not even fucking remember you or give a shit about you.
>>
when i first went to college it sucked cause i was a poorfag, had bad money and time management
>>
>>28294658
None soon because I'm graduating. It was a really uneventful college life though because I go home straight after finishing classes
>>
>>28301470
Was going to take your post seriously.
But can't.
Can't take some anon srsly who gets so hostile and assblasted over post-ironic slang usage in a fucking imageboard post.

>>>/normiebook/ is that way
>>
>>28294658
I've missed like half of my classes this quarter and keep not doing homework. I don't know why I don't try and it's not because I don't want to succeed or are un-interested in my coursework. I think I just need some more stability in my life or something but trying every day is so damn hard.
>>
>>28299008
I live in Pomona and nearly everyone I know goes there
It's whatever
Everything is average
Lots of Mexicans and Asians
>>
File: 1457053931347.gif (904 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
1457053931347.gif
904 KB, 500x532
Finishing high school soon I'm 18 . So I'm curious is it even worth going to uni? What major should I choose? I'm a suicidal weeaboo, with no friends and bunch of mental illnesses. Really don't have interest in anything. Please help, fellow robots.
Btw, I'm not a Burgerland citizen.
>>
>>28302928
Depends if you like studying or not and think you can maintain a schedule without your parents hovering around.

If the answer to any of these is no, just look for a job until you fix your shit? Unless wherever the fuck you live has free college or something
>>
File: BU_rgb.gif (21 KB, 1313x589) Image search: [Google]
BU_rgb.gif
21 KB, 1313x589
>Tfw finals in 2 hours
>3rd year almost done

I just want the college meme to end, I am losing it
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.