[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>spent literally 10 hours today trying to get java code for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1443321271673.jpg (7 KB, 238x250) Image search: [Google]
1443321271673.jpg
7 KB, 238x250
>spent literally 10 hours today trying to get java code for an assignment to work
>absolutely no progress made
who here /closetogivingup/
>>
Sounds tough, hang in there!
>>
>>28294119

>promise myself from now on I'll be more productive/ no more 4chan/vidya
>wake up the next day and spend 5+ hours playing lol/browing r9k

when does it ever end r9k
>>
>>28294119
>he fell for the computer science meme

Switch to IT its much easier
>>
Just wait until you have to program in C. After a semester of that you will miss how cushy Java is (at least that's what happened to me)
>>
>>28294119
What's your assignment on?
>>
>java
Have you tried not being a street-shitter?
>>
>>28294150
the only way is to smash your computer
blocking it won't work since you can just unblock it
>>
>>28294119
you should give up some people have the ability to program and some don't.every autistic wants to program and the market is over saturated as it is any only the best get in. Pick something else as your major
>>
>>28294173
an airport simulator with planes flying between them to deliver packages that are randomly generated in random airports, have to make use of concurrency
have to write up a graphical interface for it later as well and I can't even get the engine to work
>>
>tfw I even struggle in liberal arts due to laziness/procrastination as well as just pain old being dumb and inarticulate.
>>
>>28294119
>>28294220
Write it in JavaScript and then convert it to Java.
>>
>>28294220
lol. what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>28294220
That sounds like a bunch of bull shit good thing I was only required to time one semester of java programming for my cyber security degree
>>
>>28294119
Every has blocks like this when you're first trying a project longer than 20 lines and have recently started programming.
If it compiles but does not work then
You just need to put print lines everywhere, follow what the variables are doing,
If it does not compile then you need to google the error message and find the thread on stack exchange that most resembles your problem.

The great thing about Java is that there is a question on stack exchange for everything
>>
>>28294119
I spent 10 years learning how to program

I counld't make any money AT ALL being a code monkey, and felt like killing myself when I had to solve math problems so I just quit

It's not even worth getting into anymore because its infested with pajeets now
>>
>>28294400
Good advice here. That's what's so great about programming is you can have a program that does so many things but still be able to look at everything on a step-by-step basis.
>>
>>28294400
That's nice advice and all but I'm convinced by now my code is absolutely fucked
I'll have to rewrite this from scratch but make it less complicated since I was way over my head, have a package assigned permanently to one plane and spare myself the 10 loops and ifs and synchronizes.
After the 50 or so hours I spent on this in total something like that should be effortless.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.