[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do normies love this shit so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 1430936962020.jpg (24 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1430936962020.jpg
24 KB, 512x512
Why do normies love this shit so much?
>>
>>28293985
Because it has sex and action.
>>
there is literally nothing wrong with liking game of thrones
>>
>>28293985
Because they're not contrarian faggots
>>
File: 1459015730301.png (164 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1459015730301.png
164 KB, 500x500
its not terrible. I like the fact that no character has plot armor and they aren't afraid of killing characters off. I think it draws a lot of people because its a drama, has many plot lines, schemes going on every season, and most of the seasons end on a crazy note or have a build up to something crazy happen. Not saying the show is amazing, but I'm not saying its terrible ether. its pretty decent for a modern show.
>>
It's degenerate smut which they can pretend makes them cultured because muh English accents and medieval setting
>>
>>28294060
>I like the fact that no character has plot armor

dany
tyrion
jon
arya

and this is coming from someone who likes the show and books.
>>
>>28293985
It's a great series. Nothing to do with normies.
>>
>>28293985
A lot of people read the books, and it's a show with a lot going on, so it's not the kind of show where it gets stale and it's always the same shit going on. I didn't get into the show at all until my brother convinced me to read the books, and the books are kind of hard to get through too. I think I like it because it's very light on the fantasy aspect, the characters are all very well fleshed out, and the universe itself is very thorough.
Plus, the production value is fantastic. It looks absolutely spectacular BluRay.
>>
File: 1462137556211.jpg (593 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1462137556211.jpg
593 KB, 1200x900
I like the worldbuilding and lore. The show is meh
>>
>>28293985
>people exist who would actually prefer watching cartoons over this fantasy gold
>>
>>28293985
I don't get why they make a big fuss about it being sexist. Really ridiculous, if you ask me.
>>
I have been around for 3 decades, and have never been a normie, but I have watched people suddenly say normies like video games, comics, anime, fantasy? Like what is next for you kids to say?

Why do normies keep playing Dwarf Fortress??
>>
>>28294016
Needs more questionable sex scenes edited in seemingly with no actual context to the show, all nudie runs in the show have 25% ratio of relevance to the entire series

>years of research and hardcore math
>>
>>28294090
Dany is probably the only one out of that who 100% won't die.

I can definitely see the others cut off at some point, especially arya and tyrion. Hell I thought the last episode was gonna be it for Tyrion but I guess not.
>>
>>28294302
Yeah. This doesn't make sense to me. Almost all the sex in the books was cut out, but then they add a bunch of irrelevant sex.
>>28294399
GRRM has said that Tyrion is his favorite character, so I really feel like he is the only one with plot armor. If Stannis could die I feel like Dany could die, even if it's only at the very end.
>>
>>28294399
>>28294465

did you guys like miss last nights episode or something

jon and dany have level 99 plot armor
arya is like level 80 plot armor
tyrion is 90
>>
because the media tells them to
>>
>>28293985

People robots and normies alike hate "being a sterotype" its why people will stop liking something as soon as it shows up in one of those "starter pack" jpegs. So normies want to experience "nerd culture" to show what special unique individuals they are.
>>
>>28294490
Jon had to die so that he could get off the Knights watch. Everyone knew that was going to happen. It's kind of dumb to say Arya has plot armor when her father, died in the first episode, and he was still probably the most influential character in the entire series. Same with Robb and Catelyn. Arya has a journey to make, so she can't die until her plot line gets at least a little more interesting (I think she has to kill Cercei), but she is by no means untouchable.
Fuck, I mean Oberyn was one of the best characters ever!
>>
>>28293985
The only reason people watch those shit show are because of the cliffhanger and the desire to know how it will end.

These shows are predictable and terrible anyway.
>>
daily reminder the hound is dead and will never come back
>>
File: 1368485454510.jpg (198 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
1368485454510.jpg
198 KB, 500x372
S06E02 was great
More happened in the last episode than the entirety of season 5 im likin this
>>
>>28294624
>predictable
Yeah, ok. So tell me how it ends.
The show is the opposite of predictable. Even the books fags don't know what happens now. The only thing everyone knew was going to happen has just happened.
>>
File: 1318234534533.jpg (3 KB, 126x106) Image search: [Google]
1318234534533.jpg
3 KB, 126x106
>>28293985
dunno, made it to the 4th episode before I dropped it.
I just kept thinking: why are they going these round-about ways to solve their problems. Just stick a knife in the guys gut and drag him into the bushes. Who the fuck is going to know?
>>
>>28294713
>inb4 everyone die at the end.
>>
>>28294399
hail overlord dany

>>28294624
no im always left surprised and on the edge of my boner so honestly it isnt predictable

>>28294654
maybe, you never know as there was a shit ton of zombies
>>
>>28294060
>most of the seasons end on a crazy note or have a build up to something crazy happen.

Wow really, that is so unique, no other show or soap opera uses a season or week ending finale that way.
>>
So what happened to Jon? Merely a flesh wound?
>>
>>28294713
>Yeah, ok. So tell me how it ends.

the white walkers win, the only characters that make it to the end of the series are dany and sansa, but they are the white walkers sex slaves and the walkers force them to have lesbian sex with each other while they jerk off and cum icicles on them
>>
>>28293985
The same reason normies like certain television shows - because they're popular. GoT is just the newest tv show to get mainstream attention, just like the walking dead and breaking bad did.

Most normies can't stand sword and sorcery fantasy stuff, but they'll watch it if everyone else is.
>>
>there are people on /r9k/ who watch Gayme of Thrones
Normies pls go
>>
>>28294853
You made me lol. If only it would end that ours be pretty great.
I wish something nice would happen to Sansa one day.
>>
>>28295435
>I wish something nice would happen to Sansa one day.

haha no, no no no, she is going to have an extremely painful death
>>
>>28295465
Shut up GRRM. I FUCKING HATE YOU!
>>
>>28293985
Only autistics like it
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.