[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here had gaslighting parents? > told you everything was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 1461941106198.jpg (197 KB, 1080x1349) Image search: [Google]
1461941106198.jpg
197 KB, 1080x1349
Who here had gaslighting parents?
> told you everything was your fault whenever you made minor mistakes, like spilling juice at 22 years old
> don't understand why you don't try new things anymore for fear for monumental fuckups

> make you grovel just for standard decency, because they went to the store and remembered your favorite food once
> don't understand why you go overboard with the asskissing and feeling like you have to repay every act of kindness, even if its a friend giving you the last oreo

> express an honest negative feeling
> tell you meant to express a different feeling
> suddenly don't know why you keep everything inside

My dad just told me that while I should take responsibility in ruining my coworkers entire day by not eating one of her cupcakes, not to take it personally and to stop being offended by his comment just because I'm "hungry and irritable."

Anyone with normal parents is not a robot, because you're not used to getting micromanaged since birth.
>>
>>28293724
Same shit with me, just got in a fight with them so I don't really feel like writing a whole thing
>>
>>28293724
she looks like a fucking skelleton
>>
File: 1460015366484.png (50 KB, 840x290) Image search: [Google]
1460015366484.png
50 KB, 840x290
>>28293792

Yea and I bet it feels great to have her tiny knee collide with ur balls at max speed.

Shes dating a chad tho, so just give up on that dream.
>>
>>28293724
Reading your post is crushing because I identify with everything you said, so specifically. My parents still do this shit to me, and then make fun of me and discount my opinions or suggestions because I go to therapy (DESPITE THE FACT THAT MY PARENTS AND BROTHER HAVE ALSO BEEN IN THERAPY)
Are you sure you're not my brother?
>>
>>28293724
that's not gaslighting. that's just regular abuse.
>>
>>28293724
I wanna fuck her so bad
Look at that pussy gap
fuck hot af
>>
>>28294106
she would probably be so boney, she would hurt you.
>>
>>28293724
Yes, I've felt everything you've said in this post.

Overbearing abusive parents are the #1 cause for robots, wizards, etc... IMO. This shit just fucks with your mind so much.
>>
>>28293977
> tfw you made your point once they said ANON I'M NOT GOING TO ARGUE WITH YOU or just mimicking what you say with a tard voice
> pyrrhic victory because they aren't any closer to understanding you and you wasted your time being honest for nothing instead of lying to yourself like you usually do

>>28294073
> that's not gaslighting. that's just regular abuse
That just makes me incredibly sad, tbhwy. Do normal parents honestly not do this?
>>
File: tumblr_npzzz4iDWC1uuox47o1_1280.jpg (229 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npzzz4iDWC1uuox47o1_1280.jpg
229 KB, 1280x720
>>28293724
shes actually a pretty cute girl without that ridiculous eye shadow
>>
>ran away from home as a child
>mom puts me in a mental hospital as punishment
>"anon has some real issues and needs to be here"
>later actual mental health problems arised
>"anon's just doing it for attention, they don't need to be admitted"

just the most notable instance out of a lifetime of malicious parenting
>>
>>28293792
skeletons are a sexually attractive feature
>>
>>28294235
No Anon, your parents think you're a mistake and I honestly don't mean this with any malicious intent. Just move out and cut them off.
>>
>>28294235
>ANON I'M NOT GOING TO ARGUE WITH YOU
fuck this, it fits right in with

>I DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN MYSELF TO YOU
>I'M THE PARENT AND YOU'RE JUST A CHILD
>YOU LIVE IN MY HOUSE SO YOU WILL DO AS I SAY WITHOUT QUESTIONING ME
>IF YOU KNOW EVERYTHING WHY DON'T YOU LEAVE AND NEVER COME BACK

If you're so smart, why is it so hard to have a simple, reasonable discussion with a "child" without resorting to adhom and strawman?
>>
>>28294389
I have to take care of them right now. It's stressful. As soon as we get on our feet, I'll think about moving out.
>>
File: TIME.png (885 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
TIME.png
885 KB, 1500x1500
>>28293724
Just realized my parents have been (minorly) gaslighting me my entire life.

almost every time I forgot to put my dish in the dishwasher they freaked out on me

Now I literally say "sorry" and "thank you" every minute
I think my parents were too concerned on me becoming a good person.
They we're malicious or anything.
>>
>>28294416
>I'M THE PARENT AND YOU'RE JUST A CHILD
why do parents think this makes them right?
>>
>>28294508
Then why not fight fire with fire dude. They make you go crazy over the littlest, insignificant things yet if you weren't there they'd be helpless without you. Let them know you're human and you have limitations just like everyone else.
>>
>>28294545
I understand what you're saying, and maybe the 18 year old me would have been more fiery, but I can't do it. There is no point in trolling my parents, I know I get under their skin when I'm right, but they never feel wrong. I always look bad, but if I stand up for myself, I just look like I'm turning my back on family. I also stopped having friendships after 16. That counts for a lot, your parents fuck you up a lot, but wanting to be like your peers is what saves you. I think if I had a circle of friends who moved out, got degrees and followed their dreams, I would have followed their lead. I followed my parents as a robot and it made me meek and unsure what I what because they just want whatever I can do for them. Sorry for rambling, but I think this is why every robot with parents like mine can't succeed.
>>
File: huhu.jpg (111 KB, 1049x550) Image search: [Google]
huhu.jpg
111 KB, 1049x550
>>28293724
I hate when my mom does that shit. She'll just flat out lie. Some of it is shit about how she tried to be such a great mother and make up a story about things that never happened. Other times she'll just go back on everything she said like really big deal issues that really fucked me over.
She's driving me up the fucking wall someone offered that I could sleep in a building I nearly agree'd on the spot without thinking about it so I didn't have to go home since she started screaming at me on Friday. I act calm and she just explodes screaming at me and accusing me of doing what she's doing.
She'll stomp her feet around, slam doors, won't ask for anything she demands or tries to guilt trip you. Won't act reasonable when talking about it either has to be exactly how she wants it or she'll have a tantrum. She's just trying to make life as miserable as possible. As if being a loner doesn't suck enough I feel like I'm just going to be stuck being isolated around her. Life is stupid without money and it's like whenever I get some she wants me to spend it on her and try to guilt trip me. If I can't make enough money to get out of here soon I probably might as well just kill myself.
>>
>>28293724

My dad would call me a literal retard good for nothing because I couldn't do manual labor at age 12. I'm 22 5'6 and 130 lb, I'm a fucking stick, so imagine what I was like before puberty. I have no sense of self-worth because my dad beat it out of me with verbal abuse. I don't hate my dad for how he treated me but I do wonder what it would have been like if I had a dad who respected his kids more and who gave them encouragement instead of belittling and humiliating them.
>>
if you notice this you have to emancipate yourself from their influence. It's the only way toward a life worth living. Leave them behind.
>>
Damn, sounds wxtremely like my ridiculously narcissistic Dad. He makes everything about him and will stop me in the middle of a conversation and ask me what I expect him to do, like I can't even just talk to him without their being a secret underlying motive revolving around him. I literally cant even anymore with him
>>
>>28295098
Is it just him that treats you like shit?
My mom gets her friends to lie and betray me. Just makes me sick thinking about it I get so angry thinking about revenge.
>>
>>28293724
For the vast majority of humans a good chunk of life just consists of fixing your parent's fuckups.
>>
>>28294520
They assume that their experience lets them know better, but I'm convinced that a child is probably always more "right" than a jaded, stressed-out adult. Someone who has no bias yet in the world and still has a pure mind would know how it is or isn't okay to be treated. Don't you think?
>>
I have to pay 50% of my wagekek funds to my mom, I work 40 hours a week at min wage.

Fuck my life I don't even want to live here.

And yeah, my mom is exactly like this OP. She will tell me she hates me one day, and then the next day cry because I don't kiss/hug her enough.
>>
>>28295434
why use their "experience" as a reason rather than one that is relevant to the situation at hand? it's a cop-out. and you're right, usually the child is the one who can come up with an actual case for themself.
>>
> mom cockblocks me when I had a chance to be normie
> rampages on how this girl will tear apart our family
> break up with her after a week
> accuse me of sneaking around for six months after that
> later on confess she just thought the girl was too ugly for me

> cockblocks my second oneitis
> tells me not to call her classmate to get her number, even though she really liked me, because it's for desperate losers
> doesn't remember saying that and says that's what I should have done to get her

> be 20 and become friends with a 17 year old (went to college early)
> not even attracted to each other, just liked the bantz and bitching about single feels
> tells me I'm being a fucking pedophile disgrace, says it's only bad because we aren't same sex
> didn't even like her, but defending the friendship just made me feel creepy, like I was unnaturally pushing the friendship
> ended anyway because she got a bf and didn't need friends anymore
> tell me I'm being desperate for being sad about it and if I got mad at being called desperate it's because I know I was being desperate subconsciously

> sometimes wonder is this why she has been single for most of her adult life
fuck man. I love my mom, but fuck.
>>
>>28295948
I think that's exactly what norman baits mother did if I recall correctly.
My mom use to pretend to be nice when there were visitors. She stopped putting on the act. I'd feel more embarrassed for the girl being put in an awkward situation because of me if I brought one around my mother anymore.
>>
>>28296105
> mom and I watch Bates Motel
> thinks she and Norman have a decent relationship, minus the incest
But yeah, single moms should never be around your perspective gfs, they don't even know what to look for.
>>
>>28296327
Well it's not like I want to introduce any women to my mother I'd never hear the end about it from her.
"What ever happened to that one girl?"
>She's getting plowed by a dozen other dicks
"No I don't know what happened to that girl"

That's totally just ignoring she's a mood killer.
>>
Not exactly the same, but my parents can get verbally abusive because of my social anxiety, severe phonophobia, chronic depression, and personality issues.
>>
>>28294416
>>28294520
>why do parents think this makes them right?
It's not a rational thing. It's just that they want to be right and the think that since you're their child you must be an extension of them and have the same opinion as them even if it's stupid af.

I remember how I would start having an argument with my father and he would be calm and go along until I'd show him a flaw in his logic and then he would all of a sudden get really aggressive and start yelling at me and telling me that I'm his son so I should always agree with him.

That happened a few times and basically I just completely stopped developing my argumentation skills. And because of that, nowadays I don't really have any opinions about anything because what's the point of having an opinion if you can't even reason about why you have it.
>>
>>28295948
similar feels.
The last and only time I had a gf, my mom would call me non stop when I went out on dates. It didn't stop. She would give my gf dirty looks, and one time we stayed out all night and slept in my car, she opened the door and started yelling at us.

Then she asks me why I don't have a gf.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.