[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tfw you will never be passionate about a religion Why is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Saleel Al-Sawarim.jpg (175 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
Saleel Al-Sawarim.jpg
175 KB, 1024x682
>Tfw you will never be passionate about a religion

Why is agnosticism so boring?
>>
>>28291862
I'm gravitating towards a Nietzsche-esque world view with some hints of pre-christian European religion. If there is a God I adhere to the neoplatonic notion of the one from which everything else emanates and which has no particular attributes outside of being all good.
>>
>>28291927
Did you make up like half of those words?
>>
>TFW have to become a celebate holy man
>TFW feeling the pain and heartache of the lost sheep

>TFW we are alone in this world
>>
>>28291927
>I'm gravitating towards a Nietzsche-esque world view
Look how that turned out for him
>>
>>28291862
I wish religion was real because it would explain why the world sucks so bad (the fall of man).
>>
>>28291862
Agnosticism is a religion in that it's a dogmatic ideology of 'moderation' and 'reason' that has taken over the modern world.

You think you are free-thinkers, but in truth are mediocre drones to the dominant ideology; the type to be swept up in the feeling of the generation.
>>28291927
Word salad
>>
>>28292848
I don't think Syphilis is as big a problem today as it was back then.
>>
go to seminary college, its not like they can do a blood test to see how religious you are. there's still a lot of interesting history and philosophy involved
>>
>>28292522
they're neowords, anon, very Neitzschesque.
>>
>>28291862
You are probably passionate about a "religion", religiosity is not limited to the paranormal. You can be just as religious an atheist as you can a fundamentalist Christian or a Muslim.

Freeing yourself from not only "religion" but religiosity in general will grant you happiness. When you acknowledge that all that truly matters is the self, you will find that the world is not such a prison anymore.

Secular humanism is the new Christianity and it is just big a religion as before. Humans tend to fall into these pits of religion one after the other, thinking they've finally escaped, then falling into yet another dogmatic trap, a different rulebook. Just remember that there is no rulebook, it's all an abstraction, all that matters is what you personally see, feel, think, experience, etc...
>>
>>28291927
WHOAH EVERYONE LOOK OUT. HE'S GOT A THESAURUS AND HE'S NOT AFRAID TO USE IT.
>>
meh maybe if "god and jesus" came to show us all about them. i almost died once, somebody asked me if i'm religious i said no. maybe you should.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.