[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do school shootings happen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 20
File: eric and dylan.jpg (278 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
eric and dylan.jpg
278 KB, 1200x900
It seems like every time one occurs, the news blame something unrelated.

We know better than anyone what the real reasons behind school shootings are. If we gather them and discuss them we may something real to point at.

So why do school shootings happen?
>>
>>28290479
Mental illness and bullied victims who have had enough.
>>
cause guys wanna have girlfriends who will sit around and enjoy each others company and fuck a bunch
but girls are evil
so guys get sad
and then they get mad
and then they think bad things
and people get hurt
>>
>>28290479

Betas don't want to learn to socialize like regular people, so the spazz out and shoot hard working people.
>>
>>28290479
lack of spirituality - buddhism and christianity aren't sufficient for men anymore. spirituality is what made us human at first, no other animal has this.

being told that men are just violent people who want to put their penises in everything.

transhumanism, bringing dead people back to life and becoming immortal through science and technology since 1990
>>
Just compare America with the other Western nations (where this kind of thing doesn't happen)
>>
>>28290479
I think the depressing environment is a part of it
>>
>>28290504
kinda sad someone would kill others just because they can't copulate
>>
I think part of the reason is jealousy. They want to have great lives and futures like the people around them but they can't have it, or at least they don't know how, so they start to think that the world is very unfair and that they are disadvantaged. They shoot the people around them with better lives than them because if they themselves are gonna die by suicide, then they should bring down as many of the people with better lives as possible.
>>
File: 1454823499713.png (70 KB, 1147x609) Image search: [Google]
1454823499713.png
70 KB, 1147x609
>>28290479
I'd mostly blame it on women. They fuck Chad, act like whores, and then they are shocked when the beta uprising comes to their school.
>>
File: 293846723.jpg (34 KB, 780x520) Image search: [Google]
293846723.jpg
34 KB, 780x520
>>28290479
bigger question is why do murders happen
school shooters aren't really any different from armies or governments
>>28290587
>other western nations (where this kind of thing doesn't happen)
>>
>>28290587
This is an interesting aspect. Why doesn't it happen in other countries? There are lots of countries where all kids go to school and where there are just as many guns per person as in the US, but school shootings don't happen there.
>>
Sadness mixed with mental illness. America has a shit healthcare system that doesn't make mental health readily available to those who need it. They mask real help for mental illness with anti-depressants that seem to cause this shit to happen more. Readily available guns everywhere doesn't help, but it's not the cause of it.
>>
>>28290479
People who have had enough and want others to suffer. Also probably mental illness.
>>
>>28290670
>America has a shit healthcare system that doesn't make mental health readily available to those who need it
implying it's only america
>>
>>28290710
It's much more a problem in America than it is other Western nations with better health systems.
>>
>>28290665
Most Americans come from the craziest, stupidest levels of European society.
And the craziest of those went to western states. It's always Colorado, Texas, California, etc. where these things happen.
>>
>>28290479
School shootings are standard now. When a teenager considers suicide, part of his evoked set is, "Should I go to school and shoot people I don't like so I end up on the news?" It's a consideration.

That was not always the case. School shootings really took off and became a part of the public imagination after Columbine, and now a lot of children who, for one reason or another, don't care if they live anymore, consider whether they should shoot up their school. Because more of them raise the question, more of them answer yes.
>>
>It seems like every time one occurs, the news blame something unrelated

They just blame something which most people can relate to. "Ah, this kid was angry because he was bullied - that's it!"
People aren't like light switches, where you press and the light goes on or off - one's life and mind is way too complex to point out one simple reason.
I think there really is no good solution - there will always be some insane autists, there are no comprehensible reasons for their behaviour, like Lanza or Rodger they are just fucked up from birth.
Either you set up a totalitarian regime and ban all guns - that would surely decrease the number of victims, or you just accept the fact that we can never get 100% security in life.
>>
>>28290719
their populations are way smaller
>>
Why ask?,
we know the feeling better than most, right?
that empty feeling, that feeling of hidden rage, anger,rejection,jealousy and despair?
some people can't handle it, snap, others just live out there lives trying to dull the pain, focus on other things yet we all know its still there.
>>
fembot here
I LOVE ERIC HARRIS AND DYLAN KLEBOLD! unf Eric especially was so hot
>>
It's simple. In modern society, being degenerate means you're cool/on a high social hierarchy level. Violent behavior is an extreme form of degeneracy. You do the math.
>>
>>28290496
>>28290670
>>28290698
There's no such thing as "mental illness". It's just a way to stigmatize men who are reacting to degenerate environments.

Diagnosing people with mental illnesses and giving them magic pills makes things much worse.
>>
>>28290479
It's easier to blame other people and murder them in rage than to calmly realize that you are responsible for your position and make actual positive changes to your life.
Perhaps these kids feel trapped.
I think that with a focus on mental health some of these tragedies can be intercepted, but there will always be people who don't want to fix themselves and would rather be violent.
>>
>>28290479
There are literally only 2 reasons why people go apeshit and shoot up the class/work/whatever:
>Mental Illness
>They had enough

Either you've been damaged from the start or you get pushed far enough to finally snap.
It doesn't happen in one second but at some point everyone is so fed up with the shit that happens in their life that they will either kill themselves or kill others who they think is responsible for the things that happened to them.
>>
File: 1427446310603.jpg (175 KB, 520x853) Image search: [Google]
1427446310603.jpg
175 KB, 520x853
>>28290754
>fem
>bot

Yeah, okay.
>>
>>28290665
America is fucking huge. It's like three Europes glued together.

One of your "countries" is a county in our largest state.
>>
>>28290479
Because the shooters can't get laid.

Do you really think any of these guys would have gone postal if they had a cutie regularly draining their balls?
>>
>>28290765
>There's no such thing as "mental illness"
schizophrenia, alzheimer's, PTSD...
>>
>>28290765
>there's not such think as mental illness

There is. When your brain works in a way that is substantially different than the standard (in a negetive way), you have a mental illness or cognitive disability.
>>
>>28290670

I hate how hard Big Pharma pushes pills on the mentally ill just to increase profit. Chemically fucking up an already chemically-unbalanced individual is never a smart idea.
>>
>>28290723
This is a big one. I can definitely see this play a big role in their frequency.

Why doesn't this happen in other countries though? Almost everyone knows Columbine.
>>
>>28290765
>There's no such thing as "mental illness".

Ever met an autistic person? They hardly register life around them, much less whether it's degenerate or not.
>>
>>28290795
ted bundy sure was drowning in it
>>
>>28290748
fuck this hits close to home. this is the real reason, but where does the feeling come from?
>>
>>28290596
People kill over dime bags of weed. Getting a basic human need fulfilled in quite necessary for most
>>
File: 1338752218196.png (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1338752218196.png
15 KB, 300x300
>>28290765
>there's no such thing as mental illness
>there's no such thing as kidney failure
>there's no such thing as liver disease
>there's no such thing as heart disease
>>
>>28290797
The "standard" is arbitrary and subjective.

How come someone can go murder strangers legally in Afghanistan and be praised as a hero, but doing the same thing to your high school makes you mentally ill?

How come it's "normal" to believe that a dead homeless Jew will send you to a magical place when you die if you talk to him in your head, but if someone sees leprechauns or somehting they're hallucinating?
>>
>>28290721
The average IQ of white Americans is roughly as high as the IQ of white Europeans in any European country. White Americans have an average IQ of about 103.

>>28290810
I am not sure. There are more firearms in America than in most countries, but that probably isn't the full explanation.
>>
>>28290854
immaturity? handle the environment your'e a product of and don't fucking complain
>>
>>28290665
Neoliberalism has created a state of constant competition and the fear that one gets left behind if he can't tag along. Social security nets are very thin in the united states, compared to other western nations. Finally, hollywood created the socially accepted picture of the "lone avenger", the anti-hero who's ultimate act to keep face is to commit revenge.
Killing sprees are socially accepted as a form of regaining honor.
>>
>>28290479
>males not getting sex
/thread
>>
File: beta uprising wojack.png (208 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
beta uprising wojack.png
208 KB, 396x385
>>28290479
another ANOTHER "why do school shootings happen?" thread

>implying we can ever know

by the way. they took down the columbine and vtech maps on garry's mod just thought i'd post a link to the maps for those of you who are pissed and confused as of to why they took them down

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gn5b2qwg0qa54q1/vtech+massacre.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nxx90cwpefwvyjk/columbine+massacre.zip
>>
>>28290793
Keep telling yourself that. Europe has a much larger population and is in fact a bit larger than USA. Also, Europe is A LOT more diverse culturally.
>>
>>28290854
Years of negative reinforcement, a broken home?, bullied?, born fucked in the head? it could be anything to be honest, perhaps more than one but we all have had something go wrong, something to cause the pain,the rage,the sadness.
>>
>>28290940
>Also, Europe is A LOT more diverse culturally.
kek, Brussels and Paris within the last six months. They can keep their diversity faggot
>>
File: 1455908936836.jpg (73 KB, 543x549) Image search: [Google]
1455908936836.jpg
73 KB, 543x549
>>28290793
> Europe has twice the population of America
> Europe is 1 million sq km larger than America
>>
>>28290810
>why doesn't this happen in other countries though?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#Notable_school_shootings
It does you idiots. The US ones just get more media representation, because the US has more media representation in all aspects.
Also >>28290793 and >>28290721.
>>
>>28290940
It's hilarious to see the little Euro chickadees puff up and squawk.
>>
File: 1442665920715.jpg (21 KB, 259x365) Image search: [Google]
1442665920715.jpg
21 KB, 259x365
>>28290973
Have you ever seen a more American post?
>>
File: 1458348454182.jpg (129 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1458348454182.jpg
129 KB, 1024x576
>>28290765
>There's no such thing as "mental illness"

Every time I see a post trying to debunk mental illness as some big myth I can't help but laugh. This one though, this is on another level.

I mean of course it fucking exists. It demonstrably exists, you fucking idiot. Are you going to tell me that paranoid schizophrenics are talking to themselves for the fun of it?
>>
>>28291008
You are insignificant and your country does not care about you. Stop being proud of it. Damn, Americans are stupid.
>>
File: consider hitler.jpg (146 KB, 654x539) Image search: [Google]
consider hitler.jpg
146 KB, 654x539
>>28290738
In Germany, for example, lived 80,688,545 people in 2015.
America had 321,773,631.
According to Wikipedia there were 20 School Shootings in the USA in 2015. So following your logic there should've been ~ 5 School shootings in Germany. 0 School shootings happened in the last few years in Germany.
In the whole EU where 508 Million People live there was one School shooting in France in 2015.

It has literally no connection with population numbers at all. The reason is that it is WAY easier to get a gun in the US than in the EU and that your health care is almost non existent.

>>28290986
>>28290793
>>
>>28290596
i mean obviously there are some psychopathic tendencies involved but none of these school shooters were spooning with their gfs at night, they were plotting death
>>
>>28290888
It is subjective but it's not arbitrary. The ought that standard, we maintain order in society.

It's ok to murder someone in war because it is for a "greater good". It is "justified" because it is in OUR best interest. It helps to maintain the order and the standards that we enjoy.
The same goes for (nonviolent) religious practices- they reinforce the standard so they are socially acceptable and encouraged.

School shooting goes specifically against the standard. It threatens the order of society.
That is why it is indicative of mental illness- because it does not abide by the clearly outlines laws and rules set by society.

There are times when killing is a good thing, like in self defense or to protect freedom.
>>
>>28291027
It's mainly people trying to act tough/edgy. I'd say that a ridiculous number of "mental illnesses" are faked/misdiagnosed, though
>>
>>28291027
see >>28290888

originally
>>
>>28290831
>Ted Bundy
>school shooter

The psychology of serial killers and school shooters is vastly different.
>>
>>28290973
That's not the type of diversity I'm talking about. Shit like that happens in your country too. Compare the cultures of Italy with the culture of Finland. That's what I'm talking about. Now compare the cultures of California with that of Virginia. America is mundane and boring with no cultural diversity.
>>
>>28291065
You think like a slave.
>>
>>28291066
>I'd say that a ridiculous number of "mental illnesses" are faked/misdiagnosed, though

On tumblr maybe yeah but most people that actually got diagnosed by a professional and not by a tumblr blog are actually mentally ill. Sure there are misdiagnosed people but most of them diagnosed themselves because muh tumblr.
>>
>>28291050
>The reason is that it is WAY easier to get a gun in the US than in the EU and that your health care is almost non existent.
>Firearm access did it!!!
or, you know, because whores are legal over in your neck of the woods
>>
>>28291121
You think like an anarchist
>>
>>28291050
Firearms are very easy to get ahold of in many European countries. Still no school shootings. Hmmmmmm.
>>
>>28291131
whores aren't legal for minors in any country

and it's not simply lack of sex that makes school shooters snap, it's the feeling of rejection from their classmates
>>
>>28291122
A lot of severe mental illnesses (eg. Schizophrenia) are like that, yes. But there are lot of meme illnesses (like depression) which every other person latches onto because it's the popular thing to have. This makes it worse for actual sufferers of the illness
>>
>>28291116
>America is mundane and boring
mundane and boring are synonymous, go read a fucking book while you wax poetic about the EU's "high culture"
>>
>>28291153
ouch
ya really got me there
>>
Ever wanted to die?
Ever wanted to take revenge on someone who has wronged you?
>>
>>28291176
>and it's not simply lack of sex that makes school shooters snap, it's the feeling of rejection from their classmates
so you agree it isn't firearm access? thanks, been needing the reaffirmation
>>
>>28291186
> mundane and boring are synonymous
> go read a fucking book

You could have said anything in response to this, and you decided to make yourself look like an underage retard. Congrats, faggot
>>
>>28291189
You obviously have no idea how society works.
it doesn't matter whether you like it or not. There is a standard and things that do not conform to that standard are cast out.
That's the reason why you're here in the first place. If you ever want to be a normal member of society you'll need to conform.
If you want to be an outlier that's fine, but don't be an idiot and try to argue that mental illness doesn't exist.
>>
>>28291186
Never heard/read the phrase prime and proper? It's just the way people talk; for emphasis.
>>
>>28291232
you sounds like an idiot, of course Finland and Italy have differing cultures, they speak different fucking languages, and arent even contiguously land locked. I was just pointing out that you aren't very intelligent.
>>
>>28291131
>>28291157
Yeah you can get small pistols here that's true. But try getting a hunting rifle. Try getting a semi automatic rifle. Good luck with that. Europe in general has way stricter gun laws than the US will ever have. And you are welcome to try to get hold of a gun in any EU Country when you are a 16-19 year old teenager. You won't get one. But please stay butthurt over your second amendment rights it's not my kid that gets shot over in your shit country.
>>
Race-to-the-bottom corporate "kill the poor" mentality combined with America's image as "the rich place where dreams can happen and it's your fault if you fail."

All problems are dumped back onto the individual, so it's very easy to feel like a loser here and that things are unjust or insane, especially when huge companies pay no taxes.
>>
>>28291266
>prime and proper?
"prim" dipshit
>>
>>28291273
Wasn't even me, I was just pointing out that you seem insecure and have a poor grip on the English language. Did you read about Europe once on wikipedia? You seem fairly well informed for an Americuck
>>
File: 1411639092754.jpg (345 KB, 947x1374) Image search: [Google]
1411639092754.jpg
345 KB, 947x1374
Think about when this shit started happening. That's the most important part.

The breaking point in western society was reached probably over three or even four decades ago. Everything is so divorced from the most basic of what human mental and physical hardware is designed to deal with, and life is so different, so suffocating, and so mentally and emotionally draining at ALL times that many humans break and adjust in very saddening ways.

There is no escape or reprieve from the ever-present postindustrial existential dread that demands sublimation of all human urges, but most essentially male ones that involve aggression. More is demanded by even the lowest classes now. More mental and emotional labor, and less physical labor (which is essential to maintaining the body and mental health).

What group has been displaced the most thoroughly, yet is not really allowed to complain out of fear of extreme social ridicule and potential exclusion from the world of academia and business? That's right, young males. For a low-end male, pressure is absolute and constant. The onus of starting a family and succeeding professionally is on the male; females can pursue that route, or, if they fail or get tired of it, simply find a husband. They have a realistic pair of choices that soften the potential failure of either. Further, all family law rejects the male in favor of the female. The male is the one that must succeed to gain social acceptance and respect, but his path is designed to end up in failure. A female, by existing as anything, is encouraged and nurtured to some degree.

While the social and psychic stress has gradually increased for literally every group, a key difference emerged at the end of the 90's: internet and constant media coverage. To the low-end, middle-class, displaced male, this is THE escape.
>>
>>28291182
As I said, if you only look at people that have been diagnosed by a professional and not some tumblr kid then there are a few misdiagnosed people here and there but not many. If you consider people that think they have a mental illness then yes there are a fuckton of people that get misdiagnosed but I don't take people seriously that have
>MUH DEPRESSION
And yeah you are completely right these fucktards are making things worse for people that are actually affected by a mental illness.
>>
>>28291309
It was a typo. Blame my subconsious, not me.
>current year
>being a grammar nazi
>>
Lanza was a clear case of mental illness.

What do you guys think? I can see why Eric and Dylan might have done it, maybe even Cho, but what incentive does one have for killing children?
>>
>>28291315
This is literally an exclusively american problem. Europe is completely fine which is why over there literally no one shoots up anything.
>>
>>28291388
idk, maybe for the lulz?
>>
>>28291424
That's because Europe does all its shooting in world wars.
>>
File: 1405289039344.jpg (28 KB, 337x473) Image search: [Google]
1405289039344.jpg
28 KB, 337x473
>>28291424
>170 dead in paris attacks
>literally no one shoots up anything
>>
>>28291436
The absolute mad man, how does he do it?
>>
File: 1454060477806.png (908 KB, 850x1200) Image search: [Google]
1454060477806.png
908 KB, 850x1200
>>28291315

So, what does the displaced, abused, weak, low-end, pathetic male do? He destroys everything he can through brute force; and he gains electronic immortality for it. Instant immortality, no less.

This vents the aggression and pain, while demanding that everyone with access to the modern world must focus on the shooter, at least briefly. It grants power to the powerless, and all it requires is to get a weapon and attack the most vulnerable local institution.

You kill your enemies, and you wound and mortally offend the society that twisted and hurt you, and then demand everything from you anyway.

>>28291283

Also is largely correct; the need for professional and social success is so tied to wealth in the United States, that when combined with individualism, provides a strong breeding ground for self-loathing and deep frustration that seems irreconcilable.

American politics is all about blaming and hating the poor and weak, while simultaneously using them to prop up the flawed ideology of exceptionalism. I would not be surprised if America, around the beginning of the 21st century and beyond, comes to be seen as the most stifling and mentally ill place in recorded history by posterity.
>>
>>28291282
You know absolutely nothing. Look at Schweiz, look at pretty much every eastern European country. Also, a shotgun is pretty easy in almost every country except UK.
>>
File: 1458773314227.jpg (27 KB, 303x320) Image search: [Google]
1458773314227.jpg
27 KB, 303x320
>>28291075
No, fuckhead. Schizophrenia, a mental illness as it happens, does not work in the same way that a potentially morally ambiguous act such as killing does. When you have schizophrenia, that's it. There's no wiggle room, you have a mental illness. A DEMONSTRABLE mental illness, thus proving they fucking exist.

Seriously, what about autism then? Oh fuck I'm not even sure why I'm still typing, I've already proven you wrong.
>>
>>28290665
It does happen in other countries where civilians own guns, like Finland for example
>>
>>28291458
>being too stupid to understand the difference between an European kid shooting up a school and a terrorist attack
>>
>>28291388

I wish someone had fucking shot me when I was in elementary school T B H
>>
>>28290949
Why does it only happen in America then?
>>
>>28291424
Young male suicide is pretty fucking terrible in Europe, though. In the UK, suicide rates used to be like 65/35 male/female in the 60's. Now they're more like 90/10 male/female. 2015 was the worst year for teenage boys for decades
>>
>>28290479
it starts with
ONE THING, I DONT KNOW WHY
>>
>>28291505
>literally no one
>shoots up
>anything

oh except for the streets of fucking paris
>>
>>28291484
You have never been to Europe now have you?
In the Schweiz everyone can have an Assault Rifle at home but without Ammunition. Also it's locked away and not under my bed because
>I MUST PROTECT MUH FAMILY WITH MUH SHOTGUN
>>
>>28290479
Facebook and Twitter
>>
>>28291522
There is still a huge difference between suicide and shooting up the school
>>
>>28291532
Sorry it was my fault for thinking you would be able to read.
>>
>>28291492
That's what I never got. I can see how "depression" and "Anxiety" can be overblown and pathologized, but I mean, things like schizophrenia and bipolar very much happen. We might not know why, but that suffering and anguish is extremely real, and beyond the control of the sufferer.

Even in anxiety or depression, this rule follows. If these things effect people's happiness, drive them to suicide or never leaving their homes, it's hard to tell them they just need to man the fuck up.

It needs to be about acknowledging suffering, whether it be from biological or sociological or circumstantial causes. Telling them they don't exist under a microscope doesn't make them go away.
>>
>>28291564
I know, but I think a lot of it comes from the same place of pain and mental anguish. A lot of boys in Europe just hang themselves in lieu of taking it out on others I guess
>>
>>28291583
>literally no one
>>
>>28291514

Europe still produced Breivik, who makes every school shooter in the US look like an amateur, to this day.

I think the primary cause is that America stomps on its failures until they're nothing; our school system is basically a modified prison system. Further, there is no real help for the seriously mentally ill, poor or displaced in the US.

Just look at this thread. People are claiming mental illness isn't even a thing. I guarantee you each of them is an American.
>>
>>28291564
alpha and beta expressions of the same basic sentiments
>>
>>28291593
So according to your logic 9/11 was done by americans because it happened in new york ok bro whatever floats your boat.
>still being too stupid to read
>>
>>28291586
I have no Idea of the situation in Europe to be honest with you. But I guess the core reason is the same as everywhere else, the pain gets unbearable so you end it.

>>28291645
It's one thing to shoot yourself. But to hurt others, let alone kill them is something entirely different.
>>
>>28290479
As a teen i pretty strongly considered it and that was because of a deep rooted envy fueled hatred of the normie, they were happy without a care in the world and i was constantly thinking about suicide. Also I especially hated women (and still do.)
>>
>>28290479
loners that no one cares to care about

it will never be solved
people will never "fully" include people they dont like. no matter how much "equality and diversity" there is

t. highschool loner
>>
File: 1455793971125.jpg (467 KB, 1328x1000) Image search: [Google]
1455793971125.jpg
467 KB, 1328x1000
>>28291564

Americans don't value their societies; and why should they, in the current political climate? Everything about American political and cultural thinking rejects the idea of a cohesive community. We're all just potential business partners over here, waiting for the earliest chance to stomp a loser that just couldn't cut it, or trim the fat off a budget funded by taxes, which hey, shouldn't even exist in the first place because everything I ever did was a direct result of my personal will and nothing else.

School shooters usually kill themselves anyway. If anything, it should show how cruel American society is if the suicidal feel a need to gain some bit of revenge before ending themselves.

And you know what? Access to guns is likely a big part of it. Go get one, blow a school away. It's not hard at all. The simple fix in a place like the US is a few armed, trained security guards at every school. Create some new jobs, cause potential school shooters to reconsider the likelihood of success. I'll never understand people that just become uncomfortable because a gun is in the same room as them.

Just erasing guns from America is a much, much more difficult thing to do than you Europeans seem to think it would be, let alone the fact that a huge chunk of the population will never be willing to give up their firearms, whether their fears are valid or not is a different thing entirely.
>>
File: you forgot, didn't you.jpg (155 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
you forgot, didn't you.jpg
155 KB, 1920x1080
>>28291664
>9/11 was done by americans
Are you saying it wasn't?
>>
>>28291881
I'm an americunt myself. But yeah people here will never give up their guns because
>I must protect muh family from other people with guns
I think it would be literally impossible to ban guns in the US or get stricter gun laws because of two reasons:
>NRA lobbyism
>Muh second amendment
And honestly having armed guards patrolling schools would be the best realistic and possible solution to the problem. Because people won't change and gun laws will literally never change here.
>>
>>28290793
America is half the size of europe in population That's still pretty damn much. A huge country with the same people speaking the same language.
>>
>>28291881
Burger here, I intend on buying guns in the future and I would have no intention of ever giving them up. Don't ever let security rule over personal freedoms.
>>
>>28292130
>Don't ever let security rule over personal freedoms.
This is 4chan. Noone believes in personal freedom because it gets in the way of white supremacy over muds. Immigration, pornography, and drugs are good examples of things true 4channers don't support. Go back 2 reddit libertarian
>>
>>28290642
Oh god that picture. I couldn't breath but this shit is going a bit too far.
>>
>>28292296
>i espouse political systems that would not permit 4chan to exist
>i am a true 4channer!!!
>>>stormfront.org and kill yourself
>>
>>28292363
not the guy you replied to but what the fuck is stormfront.org?
>>
>>28291881
It's hard to take something away or to make a big change in society, but if you look at societies that live with those changes then you'll see that they don't care at all. People who live in countries where guns are banned don't care about guns. People who live in countries with high taxes don't care about having low taxes. However if you tell an american to pay twice as much taxes and to give away his gun he'll of course completely reject the notion.
>>
>>28292414
this is because most people in this country are even more delusional and retarded than the rest of the world thinks we are.
>>
>>28290479
Nobody fucking knows. It's probably different case by case you can't make a generalization and expect it to be true. Not all lonely men shoot up schools so that can't be the only cause. Not all video game players shoot up schools so that can't be the cause either. It's a combination of everything which means it's nearly impossible to predict.
>>
>>28292467
>implying nobody knows
Get out desu
>>
>>28292412
The rebranded neo-KKK
>>
>>28292548
so it's exactly what I thought it was. Why do they always pick names that almost instantly tell you what kind of bullshit you can expect..
>>
>>28292414

Why don't we just make it illegal for women to have sex before marriage or leaf the house unaccompanied by her husband or male relative? The people in countries with laws like this are OK with it and we'd eventually get used to it. See how progressive and liberal I am :^)
>>
>>28292602
some of them use better names like the apricity and shit. Also there are TONS of pick up artist with stormfront tier shit
p.s stormfront is old news and doesn't let you use nigger in posts
>>
File: machine gun germans.gif (332 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
machine gun germans.gif
332 KB, 320x180
>>28290479
People are antagonized and humiliated to the point where they snap and want out. Only thing is they are so hateful towards their bullies they see the need to take them out aswell as theyre to blame.
>>
File: r9k.jpg (188 KB, 490x368) Image search: [Google]
r9k.jpg
188 KB, 490x368
The reason they happen is pretty simple at its core, but is not really easy to explain

We as humans are essentially just vastly advanced animals. Some people like to blame human nature, but its really animal nature that causes these problems. Humans like all animals have a desire to reproduce and to dominate. Like all animals though, only the fittest will be able to dominate and reproduce to its liking.

Humans have an inherent hierarchy (other than money and other social constructs). The ones with the best genes will have the best shot at becoming dominant and reproducing (sex) to their liking, allthough even good genes dont guarantee anything but a high chance. The ones with inferior genes however are doomed from the beginning. There is nothing we can do politically to change this. Someone might be able to make a lot of money and laws can be put in place to protect them from abuse by those who are physically stronger, but socially and sexually nothing can be done to help them. You cannot force people to like someone. You cannot force people to be sexually attracted to someone. This is all decided at your conception. All aspects of you as a person can be traced back to genetics, even your personality. There is room for play like i said, but those with clearly inferior genes have no chance at all.

So how does this relate to school shootings? Well, they're just one issue which this theory applies to, but at its core it is clearly a problem on the social and sexual levels of society, which as i said before cannot be changed politically. If someone is socially and sexually inferior, they will live a miserable. Some will be driven to do things like school shootings, others might not. Its purely a matter of probability and numbers (when talking specifically if a person with inferior genes will resort to violence or not).

The only way this problem can be fixed is genetic manipulation, there is no other solution.
>>
>>28292925
Also wanted to add, this post is all over the place as i wrote it really quickly, but i think it gets the point across well enough.
>>
>>28292709
Well if you look at it objectively, people living in countries where guns are banned are much safer. People who live in countries where taxes are high get to enjoy state funded things like free education and healthcare (welfare state). The benefits of this are free societes where everyone has equal opportunity to make whatever he/she wants of himself regardless of background or class. Eventually everyone pays back whatever they "owe" to the state when they start working and paying taxes.

For some reason this is not freedom to americans, this is communism.
>>
To be the alpha for like ten minutes is enough for some people I guess.
Guns and propane bombs are just easily acquired muscles, and it's human nature (especially in boys) to flex them, and get back at their peers. Also you go to prison or die so no consequences from anyone at school, that's why nobody shoots up a school with non-lethal riot gear (but that would be great).
>>
>>28292130

>muh freedoms

Thank God for America, right? Thanks to guns, we're all free from the tyranny of things like having to pay for Shaneeqa's fifteenth child or having to get a permission slip from a doctor before acquiring medication. Thanks to guns, I have the freedom to exchange my money for things like sex and recreational drugs, without interference from the government. Thanks to liberty, the NSA had the freedom just now to record your comment without your consent and store it indefinitely should other things flag your record and mark you as a potential problem.

God Bless this wonderful country.
>>
File: nice_watch.jpg (86 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
nice_watch.jpg
86 KB, 960x720
>>28292925
You think genetic modification is a solution, but it likely isn't.

For one, you'd have to make it so that all people are basically similar. Even then, if the differences in attractiveness are event out, it's pure speculation that this implies more bonds between people and less rejection. And who knows if people end up happy in 1-1 bondings if the economic structure doesn't allow for it. We'll not ever go back to not live in cities.
>>
>>28292925
bullshit
school shootings happen because young white men believe they are entitled to 10/10 women and when they don't get what they want they go out and kill people. Sex strikes(women refusing to have sex with men) happen all the time in the black community and you never see this from sex starved black men. If they would lower their standards they'd get laid
>>
>>28293297
I still think that its possible. You would just introduce random differences, make some people slightly more attractive or capable etc etc. People dont have to be 1:1 copies.

Regardless, it is the closest thing out there to a solution. Nothing else can even be taken into consideration.
>>
Because no matter how you put it every human action is based off survival
>befriending people to help you out later on
>finding at mate to reproduce
>fighting for alpha

society has suppressed this greatly with
>money system
>punishing fighting
>having leader control a majority
but even then these leaders are doing there own form of surviving
>>
school shootings is a frustration release for not getting what you want therefore blaming them like its their fault.
its fucked up and not how you solve things
>>
School shootings happen because fuck it why not. We all fantasize about driving into the opposite lane on a freeway, some people just go through with stuff like that. Most people want to make a mark on the world, to be recognized for something.
>>
>>28290670
>America has a shit healthcare system that doesn't make mental health readily available to those who need it.

This is the main problem. For anyone middle class or lower, improving your mental health by outside means is impossible. And even for those above that, like Eric Harris who was just shoved lorazepam down his throat, mental health knowledge overall is horrible.
>>
>>28293289
Actually those are all because of freedoms being taken away.
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.