[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any robots been to a church nowadays? >went to one for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
Have any robots been to a church nowadays?
>went to one for a world religions course
>minister comes to the podium
>his lecture doesn't even have anything to do with morals or useful pieces of wisdom
>it's literally him teaching subversive techniques to convert people
>he even showcases an app to convert people
>right after he finishes a band walks on stage
>starts singing vague and repetitive shit about jesus
>"JESUSSUS IS MY LORD OR I GO TO HELL"
>does this for thirty minutes
>i walk out the door
>they stop me and literally use the same techniques that was taught in the lecture
>"WOULD YOU LIKE A BOOKLET?"
>fuckno.jpg
This is like some cult shit or something, especially with the pandering for kids using the rock band and whatnot

But I guess they have to go to new lows with kids (the future followers of the religion) realizing that their religion is boring shit and leaving.
>>
>>28289376
Bump for mumps
>>
>>28289376
I went once but had to leave because nobody liked me. Even among religious folk I was still an outcast.
>>
That sounds degenerate as fuck. You should go to a Christian conservative Polish church. Maximum comfy desu. No gimmicks, no bullshit.
>>
File: EEF9jcl.gif (2 MB, 425x481) Image search: [Google]
EEF9jcl.gif
2 MB, 425x481
>>28289376
I remember when I got stopped by the local church crazies walking down the sidewalk.

>wild church crazies appear
>ask me if ive prayed for salvation yes
>say no
>ask if i would like to
>say yes
>pray in the middle of town holding hands on the sidewalk with a bunch of wierdos
>ask if i would like to come to thier church this weekend and get free food
>"Id love to"
I never went
>>
about a year or two, it was for my cousin's son baptism

my parents use to make me go i use to just day dream during everything
>>
File: 328519519024.png (441 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
328519519024.png
441 KB, 500x494
>>28289376
mfw churches pander like fuck to young people in the most autistic way possible, and young people still don't give a shit about religion at all
>>
>tfw I believe in a Higher Power (God if you will)
>tfw my parents are evangelical lutherans
>everytime I go to their church the pastor's sermon is basically talking shit about everyone who doesn't believe exactly as they do, catholics, muslims, etc. and then begging for money
>until I got a new phone number they used to call me and basically say come to our church more often or go to hell

I don't think this is what Jesus would have wanted
fuck organized religion
>>
>>28290378
the church used to call me I mean
my parents surprisingly respect that I don't care to go but I think they probably think their son is going to hell because of the bullshit they listen to every sunday
>>
>>28289376
They would attract way more people if instead of singing about Jesus they sang popular Disney songs
>>
>>28289745
I went to a Jewish highschool and there where Orthodox Jews at the door, completely unrelated to the school, every lunch waiting for kids to ask them to pray.
It was really funny messing with them, one of my friends agreed to do it
>>
File: 1461721924103.jpg (185 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
1461721924103.jpg
185 KB, 600x709
>>28289376
Catholic master race isn't like this becuase they have billions of followers

go there if you want to go to real church
>>
>>28289376
Op, I used to be athiest and that was the very reason why. Every time I went to church it was all about converting people, and I was like "this is clearly manipulation in order for the church to gain more people/power".

I stayed athiest for a while but I eventually met some really amazing people who turned out to be devout Christians. I was curious, so I read the bible and journaled about the contextual meaning behind the passages. It may seem kind of dumb but those passages actually reached me, and I converted.

That being said, my opinion of "church" has not changed. Although I admire the generously of the church, it still strikes me as very corrupt and power hungry.

However, it's not difficult to see why this happens, and it also warns against this a TON in the bible. like, the bible itself says that the church is corrupt as fuck.

So, please don't use the church to create your view on Christianity. I made that mistake and I wish I hadn't. In recent experiences with church, I've found that the smaller, humbler ones are more spiritual with their sermons and rely less on the "how many people can you convert THIS week!!!?" Mentality.

The church that you described is actually pretty much EXACTLY like the corrupt one that I went to my first time.

I guess you just have to try to remember that a lot of people who convert to Christianity do so out of fear and insecurity- and they don't have a true relationship with Christ. Just because someone claims to be a Christian doesn't mean that they're "walking with Christ" aka living the lifestyle that the bible advocates.
I mean look at the fucking priests who raped little boys. Those people are the scum of the earth- they were specifically drawn to Christianity because they were looking for a place to hide. They were wolves in sheeps clothing.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.