[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I tend to flap my hands and twist my wrists whenever i'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
I tend to flap my hands and twist my wrists whenever i'm excited, whenever i'm thinking about something stimulating or when i'm listening music for instance, which makes me look mentally disabled

Whenever my family spots me, I just pretend i'm having wrist pain. But I don't even think they believe me.
>>
Maybe you are mentally disabled? Or just "differently abled" lol
>>
>>28288718
I think I might be disabled to some extent and that I might have some mental health issues, I have dozens of weird behavior I could come up with to back it up

But I try to avoid self diagnosis as much as possible because it's just bullshit
I'd be the same as all those normie scums that have tons of self diagnosed bullshit disabilities such as "anxiety disorder" and shit.
>>
>>28288304

When I listen to music, I flap my arms back and forth too. I raise my palms up to face level, close them slightly so that I'm almost forming a fist, then move them back and forth rapidly. Basically, it looks like I am jerking off two dicks at once.

It's nice to know that someone out there has the same affliction. I don't think it's a mental disability.
>>
>>28288304
I do the same thing. I usually do it when I complete mundane things like shower or finish an assignment. I have never been caught doing it since I try to hide it. I also let out a bit of a squeal while flapping about. It's weird. I don't think It's too abnormal though. A friend of mine does something similar but with his fingers moving between each other quickly while he stares at them. Maybe I just hangout with retarded people though.
>>
File: 1430619121830.gif (89 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1430619121830.gif
89 KB, 600x450
>this thread

Originale
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stimming

>Self-stimulatory behavior, also known as stimming[1] and self-stimulation,[2] is the repetition of physical movements, sounds, or repetitive movement of objects common in individuals with developmental disabilities, but most prevalent in people with autistic spectrum disorders.
>>
>>28289457
>Stimming is almost always a symptom of autism, but it is also regarded as part of some non-autistic individuals' behavioral patterns

>also regarded as part of some non-autistic individuals' behavioral

Surely I must be in the later category? I mean, fuck, I always thought of autism as a meme.
>>
>>28289543
I searched about it on the web and apparently, if you flap your hands you're definitely autist
Tapping and biting your nails also are considered to be stimming, except they're not a symptom for autism.
>>
File: LL.png (88 KB, 300x301) Image search: [Google]
LL.png
88 KB, 300x301
>>28289457
>mfw i shake my legs a lot

Looks like i'm autistic.
>>
>>28288304
Just flap ya hands and twist ya wrists
It's the brand new dance it go something like this
>>
>>28288304
Who /wiggles their toes/ when they fap ?
>>
>>28288304
I flap my hands too, usually out of boredom. I have adhd and can't sit still so I usually flap my hands. Or when I'm laying in bed I repeatedly whack my leg with a drum stick. My mom always calls me weird and yells at me to stop when she sees me hand flapping. I heard it's a sign of autism, but I'm fairly certain I don't have it.
>>
>>28289738
>definitely

I only do it when listening to music, or when I'm excited about something.

In a way I kind of hope that I do have autism, because then I can blame it for my social retardation.
>>
>>28288304
I do something like this
I snap my fingers a lot
And when I talk I tend to make weird, expansive gestures without realizing I'm doing it. I'm often made fun of for it and I've even accidentally hit people and shit.

Like I'll be talking about my day or something and making waves with my hands without realizing it.

I really don't think it's that strange, and even if it is it's not very consequential. Normalcy police tho, they care about these things for whatever reason.
>>
>>28288304
i flip butterfly knives when i'm deep in thought or just sitting with nothing to do
it's relaxing
for me anyway
not so much for anyone else around, if there are any
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.