[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the reason behind our existence? What's the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1457175887661.jpg (134 KB, 1097x982) Image search: [Google]
1457175887661.jpg
134 KB, 1097x982
What's the reason behind our existence?
What's the reason behind the universes existence?
>>
There is none.
There is none.

Now go play.
>>
>>28286386
>What's the reason behind our existence?
a constant state of perpetuated change. It's reason is to exist.
>What's the reason behind the universes existence?
see above.
>>
File: 1453835999977.gif (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1453835999977.gif
2 MB, 640x480
That is the question I use to bait the fanatical: if the Creator is All Powerful, Omnipresent, Omniscient and All That,why did it Need to Create?
>>
>>28286386
What's the reason behind this question?
What's the reason behind a question that's answer will change nothing?
>>
>>28286386
To pass my genes on and to make sure my progeny can survive as long as I live.

Giving reason for something that does nothing, has nothing, and is everything is meaningless. It has every reason to exist you can imagine.
>>
God toying around to test and expand his capabilities before he starts working on something he actually cares about.
>>
Mining gold for gods I'm not even kidding
>>
>>28287266
But why would a perfect being need to practice?
>>
Nothing, life is nothing but a fucking cosmic joke.
>>
>>28287192
There is none, everything is pointless. Nothing has a meaning
>>
>>28287325

> he said, while posting on an anime imageboard on his day off from high school. His shelves are covered in Richard Dawkins books, and his first girlfriend broke up with him 2 days ago. Life is a joke and his cynical viewpoint is the envy of his peers. he leans back in his chair stretching his scrawny arms and pulls off his trilby and sets it on the desk, scratching his thick curly hair. "Mom!!!" he calls, "Can you heat me up a hot pocket?"
>>
>>28287192
I actually really like this one, it made me contemplate a bunch of things.
>>
I don't get what people are living for, if in the end, their passion for something means absolutely nothing
>>
>>28286386
To both questions: We do not know and we will never know.

We might be able to construct descriptive models that are pretty close to explaining everything, but if the universe can be considered or modeled as a sufficiently strong formal system, then there are going to be things that cannot be determined (or it would imply a contradiction).

See Godel's incompleteness theorem And Tarkis's undefinability theorem.
>>
Why would there be a reason ?
>>
In which sense? Biologically, but also kinda spiritually we are meant to procreate, but, but what does that mean? It means to become better, greater, smarter, more complex form, matter becoming conscious god creators. It's a journey towards utter perfection that can never be reached and yet it perpetuates the eternal perfect continuation of the mystery and beauty that is life, the search is the meaning, meaning it is whatever your heart wants it be.
>What's the reason behind the universes existence?
Same as above, also because non-existence is impossible. How can nothing exist? I mean without existing at the same time, makes no sense.
>>
anything but abrahamic religion
>>
>>28286386
torture by not having sex REEEEEEE
REEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Or41tFs.png (655 KB, 1223x1800) Image search: [Google]
Or41tFs.png
655 KB, 1223x1800
>>28286386
This question is a waste of time.

The greatest Human minds have spent their entire lives thinking about it but never came up with any answers. For thousands of years people have been thinking about it but no one ever found out.

You will never know. The mysteries of life are not something anyone will ever know and whoever tries to tell you is a liar.

The fact is, we exist as animals to fuck and pass on our genetics before we die. No other reason beyond that.

Life has no meaning and the harder you look the more you will question it. If you keep trying to figure it out you will stagnate and lose time.

If you long for one thing for so long you will miss other things along the way. Thats how it is, thats life.
>>
>>28288118
Why do you watch movies then?
>>
>>28288118
babbys first nihilism
>>
>>28288118
Ask yourself this, why do you eat if you're body won't last forever? Why does food taste good when it's ephemeral?
>>
>>28287160
for funsies
id screw around and try shit out until something stuck too and he we are.... the grandest social experiment of all. our god is and omnipotent joeysalads
>>
There is no reason.
Just give it up.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.