[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UNI THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (355 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
355 KB, 1365x1024
What is robot life like at your college?

18 year old robots, where did you confirm yesterday? University of Minnesota here.
>>
>>28285766
23 never had a job, high school drop out.

Eat shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 250x165) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 250x165
>>28285766
Great bait, OP.
Nice digits, too.
>>
>>28285796
How exactly is this bait, retard?
>>
File: Signs.png (45 KB, 447x757) Image search: [Google]
Signs.png
45 KB, 447x757
>>28285766
I'm the happiest I've ever been. I've slept with three different girls and I will hopefully sleep with two more this week. I have close friends, I go out every week, and I'm doing alright in my course. Life is good.
>>
>>28286316
Did you used to be a robot?
>>
File: obama-loves-to-smoke.jpg (16 KB, 313x338) Image search: [Google]
obama-loves-to-smoke.jpg
16 KB, 313x338
It fucking sucks. I have no other friends besides my roommates and these faggots next door who I smoke weed with sometimes and watch them do blow to Mac Miller. I have 2 roommates from Taiwan who only hang out with other people from Taiwan and play vidya all day. My black roommate and I make an effort to go out but end up just standing around at bars trying to talk to people. I've become lazy and hopeless as fuck, it took me three hours today just to get out of bed and miss class.

My best friend is my Asian roommate's gf. She's cool to talk with because we come from similar backgrounds, but then I have to listen to her getting banged in the next room. I think she's tried to hit on me before but I don't want to be that guy.
>>
File: image.jpg (322 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
322 KB, 600x600
>>28286218
Way to be a newfag, retard.
>>
>>28285766
just finishing college actually. i can confirm that it's as bad and uncomfortable as you could imagine
>>
Graduating very soon finally kind of nervous.

>I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad I got sunshine in a bag I'm useless but not for long the future is coming on
>>
>>28287061
>>28287062
Majors? Do you got a job lined up?

I'm honestly curious about what people do when they graduate. I can't imagine being a real person with a real job in two years.
>>
>>28287217

Biological sciences, no job at the moment, but literally just got off an interview now as an associate teacher at a charter school. Applying to med school as well.
>>
>>28287240
Shit, I've always considered biological science but it just seems too general to really be useful to anyone. I'm in history right now just to raise my GPA and "follow my passion" until I decide whether I want to go into accounting or just drop out and find an electrician apprenticeship. I've given up on doing anything I actually find interesting.
>>
>>28286790
Yes, I was a robot as a kid.
>>
>>28285766

Stop it with your fucking uni threads. You guys either go to shitty state flagships or your local community college. Nothing to brag about and nobody cares.
>>
>>28287402
Taking pride in a college is fucking dumb, but life at uni is totally different from life outside, at least socially. It's like prison, but with fine girls everywhere that you can't talk to.
>>
>>28287373
Well done then. Had did you fix yourself? I've always been a cyborg, but I stumbled onto having an ugly gf. Didn't change me at all lmao. The convo you posted sort of reminds of how I sext her.
>>
>>28287402
>>28287525
You guys are both retards.
>>
>>28285766
Crap. No friends. Atleast I live at home, means I do not have to be at uni unless for obligatory stuff(ie laborations, group work and crap). Also gorup works suck.
>>
>>28287348

Here is the thing about majoring im biology. There is a large quantity of niches you can go into and the quality of those niches can be really fantastic (medicine, research). We need people to make sure our species our preserved to conquering viral diseases. But the people who are participating in these noble causes have at least a master's in biology. It is one of those majors where you need a graduate education in to get the ball rolling, if you aren't willing to take additional schooling after your bachelor's, than it is not a wise major to choose, but gain extremely rewarding if you do so.
>>
File: ND-logo.jpg (488 KB, 1228x1172) Image search: [Google]
ND-logo.jpg
488 KB, 1228x1172
>>28285766
I'm in at UGA, but I'm waitlisted at Notre Dame and really hoping I get off.

I really need to get out of Georgia - I hate it here.
>>
5 months since graduation and no job. How damning is an employment gap this big?

desu I'm just thinking about lying from now on and say I graduated this semester.
>>
>>28287562
I basically practiced talking to people until I became good enough to make friends, and then I did the same with talking to girls. Yeah, I had an ugly gf period as well (pic related) - I dated this girl for two years before I realised that I could do better and I wasn't happy with her, so I broke up with her and started sleeping around.
>>
>>28287725
Indiana here,

Notre Dame is all athletics, no content. You would be better going literally anywhere else unless athletics is important to you.
>>
>>28287760

5 months is pretty bad. Even if you work at walmart or mcdonald's it looks better than you not working at all. It shows that you aren't willing to settle or compromise or you have something wrong with you which is why you can't get hired

You should lie though, assuming you graduated after Jan 1 you can say this year
>>
File: 272fwf5fbb13fd8701390f.jpg (38 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
272fwf5fbb13fd8701390f.jpg
38 KB, 640x628
>>28287373
>Yes, I was a robot as a kid.
Why is a literal chad tolerated on this board?
>>
Going here in a dorm starting in the spring semester. How is it like?
>>
>>28287955

Cherish it anon. I had the best year of my life in a dorm. Get to know everyone. Make friends and have a great time
>>
File: Typical r9k user.png (39 KB, 462x748) Image search: [Google]
Typical r9k user.png
39 KB, 462x748
>>28287954
I might be a normie, but I'm not and never will be a chad. Becoming a chad would require me to completely change myself, and it's far too much effort to do something I don't even want to do.
>>
>>28288021
>t. Chad

kill yourself
>>
File: -4ueKkeJ.jpg (12 KB, 407x407) Image search: [Google]
-4ueKkeJ.jpg
12 KB, 407x407
>>28287725
I didn't bother applying to UGA since my GPA in high school was only like a 3.2.
Although I did see some really, really unintelligent people somehow get accepted there. Maybe I did have a shot..

I'm finishing up my second year at Georgia Southern. Statesboro is hot and kind of boring, but I've grown to love this school and its community. my plan was to transfer to UGA after this year but I'm just going to stay down here. I don't want to have to go through the process of making new friends and assimilating into a new community all over again.

I hate Georgia as well. The southeast U.S. in general is a fucking shithole. Moving to the pacific northwest as soon as I graduate (hopefully I can graduate early with AP credits and summer courses).
>>
>>28287778
She looks fucking beautiful to me. I wish I could land a girl like that.
>>
File: your-new-self-1.jpg (153 KB, 548x365) Image search: [Google]
your-new-self-1.jpg
153 KB, 548x365
>started uni at 21
>fucked 9 grills this year
>made a ton of friends
>happiest ive ever been
Uni was my rebirth.
>>
>>28288305
That's a flattering photo of her. She was fat (over 100kg, I think) and, more importantly, she was 9 years older than me (I was 20 when I started dating her). She was a lovely person and she loved me to bits, but I didn't want to settle at 22, so I broke up with her in February.
>>
>>28288305
>>28288392
Besides, you'll be fine. You can get the type of girl you think you can get, it's all about confidence if you don't look like a gremlin.
>>
>>28288348
How did you make a ton of friends? Did you join a club or find people you knew from high school? I can barely even find people who are willing to talk to me.
>>
>>28287778
I simply can't talk to girls. I've got enough xp talking with males but not with females. It seems like females are more prone to being normie. I've somehow managed to have a sparse circle of actually interesting people, conversations with others are just unsatisfying and I only have them for networking purposes because I want to make an impact on life.

I've just never encountered a female with whom I could just casually talk.. Only one and she turned out to be lesbian.

I'm living a normie life without meaningful connections. My weed, sofa, Astronomy bachelor, books, career and raves w/ drugs keep me distracted, fortunately. Overall, uni life is pretty cool though. Just disappointed in human (connection).
>>
>>28288420
Didn't you live in halls?
>>
File: 1400326004971.jpg (23 KB, 446x362) Image search: [Google]
1400326004971.jpg
23 KB, 446x362
>6'3
>live in Minneapolis
>have to frequently go through the UofM campus
>millions of qt grills ogling me and pointing me out to their friends
>have to ignore them, if i look them in the eye they're instantly raped and being oppressed by my northern european genetics
>tfw asked to leave campus after smiling at a girl that was practically fingering herself on a bench next to me

why are women allowed to creep on me but I cant even look at them
>>
>>28288420
Joined some clubs and met a ton of ppl at boxing lessons. Plus I pledged to a frat my friend was in.
>>
File: 1455489759844.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1455489759844.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>28285766
I am a freshman but I'm failing out. I have no friends and I never leave my room for anything but the bathroom. I'll probably attempt suicide soon
>>
File: 1427861662958.jpg (53 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
1427861662958.jpg
53 KB, 620x387
>>28288392
>>28288418
>that smile
Just fucking kill me, cuz. 9 years older is a bit much but still.

>You can get the type of girl you think you can get, it's all about confidence if you don't look like a gremlin.

True, I've gotten a lot better at talking to people but it doesn't mean anything when I'm still fucked with the same insecurity and self-doubt I've had since I was a teenager. Everyone seems to see it plainly.
>>
>>28288487
Nah, transferred in late and live in a 4-flat across the street. All people do is bitch about the dorms, how they're so expensive, cops patrol looking for weed, mandatory meal plan that's more expensive than eating Subway every day, ect. It seems worth it if you meet more people though. I want to try something new, but I'm not too eager to leave my roommates since they're my only friends.
>>
>>28288672
Yeah, I can see why that would be a problem. I think I just pretended to be confident until people saw me as that, and the acceptance actually gave me the confidence. Fake it till you make it, I guess?

Also, if you think that girl's cute, wait till you see my most recent gf, anon.
>>
>>28288527
>tfw too out of shape to box
>tfw too introverted, out of shape, and ugly too join a frat

I'm literally so inferior that I can't even buy friends.
>>
File: costofliving1938.jpg (111 KB, 598x811) Image search: [Google]
costofliving1938.jpg
111 KB, 598x811
A college education is becoming more and more pointless every passing year, and the costs of a college education are at all time highs thanks to the government subsidizing it.

Basically, throughout high school you're told you need to go to college, and you do because you've never heard anything else.

Then you take a 50k loan from the government, at interest.

The government has $1trillion+ in loans that are impossible to lose in bankruptcy. Every time you make money, the government WILL garnish your wages. Because "College is worth it anon trust us"

tl;dr people who buy into the college meme are total suckers becoming indentured servants to an insolvent government.

The game is deep.
>>
>>28288769
Oh god that's completely different to mine. We took MDMA in our flat a week ago and pretty much everyone has weed. We have no catering so we cook our own food, so it feels like all the fun parts of being an student with the freedom of an adult. I'd advise you to stay in your flat and go out with your flatmates' friends instead.

>>28288672
>>28288807
Sorry, my most recent ex, not gf. We broke up two weeks ago.
>>
>>28285766
Hello fellow gopher. Ready for finals?
>>
>>28288888
>what are scholarships
>>
>>28288888
>tl;dr people who buy into the college meme are total suckers becoming indentured servants to an insolvent government.

While this is true for the vast majority of degrees, that's not to say that certain degrees (mainly stem) are pretty valuable if you're genuinely good enough to make your way in the field or don't mind shitty pay to do something you love.
>>
>>28288935
I'm an 18robot.
>>
>>28288497
Did someone actually ask you to leave, or are you just memeing? I go there and have never seen anything like that.
>>
>>28288992
Ah, so coming here next year? What dorm are you gonna be in? You a cse fag?
>>
>>28288888
I don't care. College has been a rewarding experience in my life just in learning more about myself and the world. Even though it sucks and I don't have many friends, I wouldn't take it back. Otherwise I would still be doing the same shit every day like all my friends back home.

And all that debt meme is exaggerated like hell if you're not a dumbass. If you take out private loans, don't apply for Pell Grants, and pay for textbooks instead of pirating them or using google, then you're the type of person who'll get screwed over no matter what they do.
>>
File: SP500-QE-012016-2.png (144 KB, 964x563) Image search: [Google]
SP500-QE-012016-2.png
144 KB, 964x563
>>28289136
just wait till it's over, you move back home, the economy's completely tanked and the job market for the degree you got is at capacity.

there are better life decisions to make. running a flipping business on eBay is just as impressive on a resume, if not more so. and you don't financially cripple yourself either.

goyim gonna be treated like the animals they are.

also point to take home from that pic, you can't increase base money supply that much without inflation. a depression is in the cards, and you've been dealt a real shit hand.
>>
>>28288887
Beginner classes are filled with fatties. I can see the frat thing, i was afraid too. Fortunately im the type of guy who fears social interactions but soars when hes actually in them.
>>
>>28287955
Which dorms?

I'm in Northview and it's so cash. I've lucked out with good roommates and I have my own room for privacy and alone time
>>
>>28287725
I'm waitlisted at nd too, I think I read your post on college confidential
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.