[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do millionaires/billionaires keep working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1462081681192.png (6 KB, 160x200) Image search: [Google]
1462081681192.png
6 KB, 160x200
to make more money when they are already rich as fuck? I dont get it?
>>
The drive they needed to get that money is what makes them never stop striving for more
>>
I heard from a certain rich spic on /int/ that he simply likes to see numbers go up. ie rich people are at least slightly autistic.
>>
>>28284776
You don't get it because you don't have the ambition to ever become a millionaire in the first place. Also, no matter how wealthy you are it gets boring. Imagine how happy a third worlder would be taking our place and how miserable we are.
>>
Because boredom? Or something? Because rich people still have goals and ambitions?

What else are you going to do for your entire life?
>>
>>28284776
Because I am an imperialist at heart and want to have control at least economically over as much of the population or system in general as I can.
>>
>>28284800
>>28284816
Both of these. They like the money game, they're good at it, why would they stop playing?
>>
>>28284800

This

And some people are actually lucky enough to make money by doing what they love.
>>
>>28284776
Have you ever bought something and been really excited about it, then a few hours after you have it realize it didn't really change anything at all, and you're already thinking about other things you want to buy?
It's part of the human condition, enough is never enough. You can suppress these feelings through meditational practice and controlling your ego but the lust for more will never be completely "gone" in my opinion.
>>
Its the war that's fun, not the spoils. If I was rich I'd still push myself, like maybe get super serious about swimming for half a year then switch to something else.
>>
>>28284816
>What else are you going to do for your entire life?
travel, meet new people, have relationships, take on all those projects I always wanted to.
have a lot of fun till im dead,
>>
>>28284888
>he doesn't have fun at work
Too bad you're not the boss.
>>
>>28284904
Easy there el Jefe
>>
>>28284776
It's human nature to never be satisfied with what you have, and there's always more stuff to buy: trust funds for your kids, retirement funds for your parents, the perfect house etc. People with billions can go for even more ambitious goals, like Bill Gate's drive to eradicate malaria.
>>
I BTFO work when I inherited over 40 million. I travel a lot now and vacation 365 days a year. I don't buy expensive objects like cars and mansions. I own a 2 story condo. I have never once been bored from my lifestyle. Going back to working at a factory 50 hours a week, I would kill myself before that.
>>
When you have enough money world becomes your playground. You can buy some corporation because you can and just run it for fun. If you get bored or fail nothing of value was lost to you. Middle class is worst place to be. Competition is tough so you have to work hard just to maintain your position.
>>
>>28284776
making a lot of money is actually not that difficult.
The desire to accumulate it however is hard to achieve.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.