[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Sleeping position tier thread God tier: Log Soldier Starfish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 16
File: ZenBedroomsSleepPositions.jpg (48 KB, 416x280) Image search: [Google]
ZenBedroomsSleepPositions.jpg
48 KB, 416x280
ITT: Sleeping position tier thread

God tier:
Log
Soldier
Starfish

High tier:
Freefall
Soldier-Starfish

Medium tier:
Yearner
Pillow Hugger

Shit tier:
Fetal
Snorer
>>
>>28282958
foetus and freefaller
if i sleep on my back i get sleep paralysis and/or really vivid dreams and nightmares
>>
>>28282958
Any that involve sleeping on your back are automatically shit tier
>>
>>28282958
Yearner. Trying to soldier because its healthier by a country mile.
>>
>>28282958
no sleep tier:
spooning

the arm under the girl will hurt for the whole day after, she takes 90% of the bed forcing you on the very edge and it's like sleeping next to a heater on full blast.

Sure, it's cute and sexy, but enjoy your half hour of troubled sleep for the night.

>inb4 fuck off normie REEEEE
still a virgin and never had a gf just like you guys, the fact that I've been sleeping with a girl without anything happening just shows my robotness
>>
>>28282958
I never really sleep in soldier. I always try and my body almost falls asleep.
Can't beat the swallow reflex though.
>>
>>28283502
iktf
i spoon with my girlfriend until she falls asleep, then i stealthily roll over and sleep peacefully
usually i keep one arm under her pillow, roughly where her neck is, and one arm over her body and resting pretty much on her boobs
its not too uncomfortable, but her hair is always in my face and is itchy as fuck
luckily she has gotten past the stage of pushing me to the edge of the bed, but it took a while
>>
>>28282958
i sleep BALANCED on my BONER
NO TWIRL
>>
>>28283502
>still a virgin and never had a gf just like you guys
What the fuck? Is she a sister? Your mother??
>>
Does anyone else here always Starfish + one arm on forehead?
I don't know why i do it but i like the pressure on my head or something
>>
>>28282958
W-what do you call mine?
>>
>>28282958
who else
>sleeps with the blanket over their heads
here
>>
> sleep in any position normally but always hug my pillow now
I'm OK with it. I'm past the need for being social.
>>
File: popularsleepingpositions.jpg (16 KB, 488x195) Image search: [Google]
popularsleepingpositions.jpg
16 KB, 488x195
>not including 4chan
>>
>>28283866
based

i do it cause im scared
>>
File: 1416356146295.gif (979 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1416356146295.gif
979 KB, 500x300
>>28283890
me too scaredbro
>>
>>28282958
>tfw literally soldier
>can't sleep in soldier position because I'm too tall for fucking bed.
>>
File: 1461662075039.jpg (27 KB, 640x454) Image search: [Google]
1461662075039.jpg
27 KB, 640x454
>>28282958
>Soldier-Starfish

What the fuck are you on? Can you describe to me what a Soldier-Starfish would look like, and why it would be any different from either of them? Would it literally just be the starfish with the arms slightly lower? Get fucking tested bud because you got the autism.
>>
File: 1432854640649.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1432854640649.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>Sleep like a log
>Arm falls asleep

how the fuck is that the top of your list faggot op?
>>
>>28282958
How the fuck do you even do log? Or Freefaller, for that matter? Doesn't your fucking neck hurt in the morning from preventing yourself from asphyxiation by pillow?
>>
What kind of weirdo doesn't sleep with their arm under the pillow?
>>
>>28283866
>See shadow people walking around the hall outside my room when I was six years old every night
>Never thought anything of it until one night they entered my room when they noticed I was looking at them
>Slept under my sheets ever since, until I was 22 years old when I got rejected for the millionth time
>Didn't give a fuck about anything anymore because I was boiling with homicidal and suicidal thoughts
>Not afraid of the shadow people anymore, just stare in the dark and beat my dick in front of them until I fall asleep
>Tfw no qt shadow ghost /gfd/ gf
>>
>>28282958
I'm around log and yearner. I've never been able to sleep on my back at all without either failing to sleep entirely or having horrible nightmares.
Side sleep is the only way for me.
>>
>>28282958
If I sleep on my side I get a half vivid nonsense dream. If I sleep on my front I sometimes have no dream.

I usually sleep on my back, however, and I get vivid, sometimes scary dreams which is cool- even slightly lucid.
>>
>>28284161
damn son, thats spooky as heck

i've slept with blanket over head for as long as i can remember, but i'm starting to leave it at about chin level now that I have a gf sleeping over
i've never seen much, but i do get sleep paralysis if i sleep on my back and if the blankets moved down, and i do hear weird unintelligible whispers sometimes when i try to sleep
i also hear things going on in other rooms, like conversations and the tv, even though there's nothing going on in those rooms
>>
>>28284161
God I had something pretty similar. When sleeping I had this repulsion field that kept the baddies away (could sense them for miles). Eventually it disappeared and I just couldn't sleep unless I was with my parents. Only got it back when I got my little bother and could sleep close to him. It was a huge relief.
>>
Who /Yearner/ here?
>>
>>28282958
>log not cuck tier
>>
>>28282958

I sometimes do freefaller but with my arms by my side

Usually it's something like the fetal position but not quite as pronounced
>>
>>28284161
Anon this happened to me when I was younger.
It was this walking shadow figure in the hallway around night. It looked like a fuzzy image but was completely black.

Scared me as a child
>>
File: 1461621231723.jpg (23 KB, 493x494) Image search: [Google]
1461621231723.jpg
23 KB, 493x494
>>28282958
Log is fucking made up. No-one sleeps like this

>>28283159
You know sleep paralysis is the closest thing to lucid dreaming. You can even have adventures in sleep paralysis. Sex as well. You can have sex.
>>
>>28282958
Something like foetus but with my pillow at an angle and one arm under it
>>
>>28284472
i have sex in real life
and it's not terrifying like sleep paralysis
>>
Soldier or starfish, depends on the room temperature
>>
>>28284418
>tfw sit in on the toilet at night
>stare at the tile floor intensely
>feel and see space bend at your point of focus
>think it's just interesting at first
>the tile floor rises up towards you and darkens
>very slight buzzing going on
>look up at the mirror and there's nothing but a dark shadow in the spot where the tiled floor is
>look down and the floor is now completely dark and there's a hole with two bright dots perhaps 9 feet down
>reach into the hole
>fall off toilet and suddenly am standing in front of the mirror, weeing on the carpet
Why won't this stop? I'm 23 and it's still happening.
>>
File: 1456932430631.jpg (346 KB, 1000x672) Image search: [Google]
1456932430631.jpg
346 KB, 1000x672
>>28284161
>Tfw no qt shadow ghost /gfd/ gf
m8 I don't know how I should put this but, I had a qt shadow gf. Chronic hallucinations eh?

I wouldn't recommend it though, seriously, you'll start acting like them. My personality is completely split between myself and my shadow gf now. I'm not making this shit up. You just start thinking "man, if shadow gf were here right now she'd be all like blah blah blah blah" and stuff like that.

BY THE WAY, you should do this: Look at the curtains in your house at night. Or if they don't let any light through at all then you should hang up a blanket of some kind. I've spent hours staring at my curtains at night cause I can see a jungle on the other side when I do.

Your visions don't sound as severe as mine, I might be wrong of course, but I'm honestly saying you should try to find a fabric that lets you see "through" it when hung over a window at night.
>>
struggle to sleep really hard if im not free-faller
>>
>>28284558
>>28284418
>>28284314
>>28284224
>>28284161
The fuck? Have you guys been diagnosed with something?
>>
>>28284161
>>28284717
hello crazy peeps

I've started seeing all sorts of spooky visions when I sit down in front of the mirror and stare at it. What is wrong with me?
>>
>>28284745
Depression, adhd
Nothing relevant.
>>
>>28284516
this

when I get sleep paralysis its a mix of a "night terror" where i try to yell but I cannot and I see spooky shit
>>
>>28284770
holy fuck same here
>>
>>28284516
Fair enough but I've grown to love sleep paralysis, simply because you can fuck with it. Its not just "over" when you're paralysed, you can reach out and touch things.

It teaches you tricks for the dream world as well, like how to materialize objects.

I'm this guy >>28284717 I'm probably starting to sound crazy I guess, but I actually ended up spooning with my shadow gf when I was sleep paralysed. So like the application is there I guess? Point simply being that you can do shit when you're sleep paralysed
>>
>>28284224
>i also hear things going on in other rooms, like conversations and the tv, even though there's nothing going on in those rooms
Yeah, me, too. Sometimes my parents would keep the hallway light on, so I wouldn't see anything but I always heard what sounded like people downstairs (where it was pitch black) dining and chatting. I'd often be curious and sneak to the stairwell looking into the dark - and I'd get this overwhelming sense that something was going to rush up the stairs towards me really fast if I kept lingering and trying to spot someone/something. I've had other experiences as well - my earliest and most terrifying being when I was four and stuck my hand under a really old victorian style chair because it was a hot day and the chair cushion was super cold. A hand grabbed mine - didn't think anything of it despite how cold it was, until I looked left, right, and underneath the chair and saw no one behind it. I thought it was my dad surprising me, but he was still overseas, and my mom was in the kitchen. It gripped me tighter as I felt a mix of feels and started pulling me in. Didn't scream for help until I was shoulder deep - to which it let go of me and I fell on my ass as soon as my mom walked in.
>Tfw you stare at your reflection often and swear you caught it lag behind and keep staring at you just as you turn away
But yeah, maybe I just have a hyperactive imagination.
>>28284418
Yeah I still see them. Not as many as I used to. In extreme dark, they appear to be solid black - but when I saw them all the time as a kid, with the moonlight and street lights, they looked more purple to me. And the best part was five years later, I remember I was getting ready for school one morning and my mom had "History's Mysteries" playing on the History Channel and they brought up people having seen purple, shadowy figures of people moving about in the dark. Just about shit my pants because it was just confirmation to what I saw and never told anyone about.
>>
i just sleep in whatever position i pass out in, woke up under my desk a day ago because i slumped off my chasir,

i drink too much
>>
>>28284360
word hard and well. what is that shit?
>>
>>28283826
The cowering neet
>>
How can people lay on their sides? I find it so uncomfortable. I can only lay on my back and stomach.
>>
>>28284873
fuck anon, i've had similar experiences with the hand thing, and because of it i never listen to music with my eyes closed
i've only ever done it a few times, which were
>in backseat of car, driving home at night with family
>put in earphones, listen to music, close eyes
>feel ice cold hand grab my ankle and pull me down
and
>be in bed, put earphones in to listen to music before i sleep
>lights are off, close eyes
>instant feeling of dread
>cold hands grab my ankles, i jerk them and flick lights back on
>nothing there
Now whenever I listen to music with eyes closed, I get that same feeling of dread
>>28284866
please tell more about shadow gf
i once woke up to a blonde tomboy girl pinning me down, telling me not to move, but i struggled really hard and managed to break free. then i woke up
too bad i don't have a dom fetish
>>
i sleep like this (bottom leg out straight, top leg up with knee to chest. bottom arm under knee with elbow coming up around, top arm out backwards)
>>
>>28284717
>>28284866
Interesting.
>spooning with a shadow gf
TELL ME MORE. DOES SHE SPEAK?

Also I think I only had sleep paralysis once but it wasn't full-blown nightmare mode type shit, thankfully. Fuck that. I'd always make sure my eyes were covered so I wouldn't see what kind of bullshit I'd see. But yeah, sounds like you got it worse than me. Except for the HAVING A GF PART REEEEEEEEEEE.
>>28284745
Only severe depression. I probably have other things I haven't been diagnosed with - haven't seen a doctor in like 15 years. IDGAF about their bullshit diagnoses anyway.
>>28284755
I ain't cray bruh, you cray.
>>
File: sleepy.png (10 KB, 321x500) Image search: [Google]
sleepy.png
10 KB, 321x500
>>28285018
oops, forgot to add pic
>>
Freefaller master race. Occasional Fetus.

I don't get how a goy can sleep on their back unless they just shut down instantly. I usually lay awake in bed for like an hour.

Only times I've ever fallen asleep on my back was when I was dead tired, and even then I just got sleep paralysis and woke back up. Also, sleep paralysis is fucking horrifying.
>>
>>28283286
laying down on my back for over a minute makes my back hurt for the next 2 days
>>
>feral in shit tier
Fuck you. It's the only comfortable way you can sleep without fucking your posture up.
>>
File: 1454327119136.gif (138 KB, 450x400) Image search: [Google]
1454327119136.gif
138 KB, 450x400
>>28284866
>shadow gf
>>
>>28285131
Holy shit I thought I was the only one

Freefall master race, except I usually have one leg bent and usually look like someone who just hit the pavement after jumping off a high building
>>
File: be213d189.jpg (28 KB, 400x406) Image search: [Google]
be213d189.jpg
28 KB, 400x406
>>28283672
no, she's a girl I was into some years ago, she was kinda into me too, but I'm too autistic and missed the chance of being at least fuckbuddies.

She then got a boyfriend for three years but she recently left him and now things are repeating exactly the same with me fucking up everything: as soon as she was single again she contacted me and we started to go out together, but she said she wanted to be alone for a while after the break up. Now she's flirting with a couple of guys and I can't help but feeling cucked, even though we were never a couple in the first place. Kind of a friendzone, but worse because I'm literally one inch away from being her bf.

It hurts, but she's the only girl I've ever been intimate with and as long as I have a small chance I'll go on, I think it makes me feel more alive.
>>
File: 1379437066398.jpg (492 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1379437066398.jpg
492 KB, 1920x1080
Always fall asleep in fetal position (only way I can get comfy), always wake up in freefaller position. WHAT DOES IT MEAN? AM I ULTRA-HYBRID?
>>
>>28285344
You're a transformer! What's your transformer name, Anon?
>>
Freefaller without pillow here. I don't understand how you can sleep on your stomach and have a pillow under your head. It hurts my neck.
>>
>>28284972
Oh man, you just made me remember the second and last time it happened to me. It was some time after 2 AM, I was 17 years old and just got in bed, getting comfy. My light was on and the air conditioner was running.
>Absorbing all the cool from underside of my pillows
>Ice cold hand hastily grabs my wrist
>Jump the fuck out of my bed with chills from remembering what happened when I was four
>Cautious grab pillow and throw it the fuck out of the way
>Nothing there
It was then that I decided I'd never fucking do that shit ever again.
To the ghost nigga that pullin' my chain/hand, if you reading this - fuck yo spooky ass, bruh.
May as well mention one of my other spooky moments.
>Watching TV in bed till 3 AM, same age/year - think this happened after the above
>Throw blanket over myself and make a cocoon with it - which I did for years because I swear when I just have a blanket thrown over me and don't tuck it underneath me, I feel like there are hands trying to get in
>All of a sudden, I feel what felt like dozens of hands underneath my entire body, pushing upwards like they're trying to escape my mattress, I felt myself being moved around from the elevation change and I even heard noises from my mattress, like the springs compressing or something, and like there was a lot of friction whatever the fuck mattresses are made of
>All of a sudden they stop pushing up and I kinda drop back on the bed (I don't think I was high up because my blanket was still tucked under me for the most part and I felt the warmth of my mattress on my back still)
>Felt more prodding right after (the usual, not underneath me but everywhere else) for a minute or two
>Quietly cried, didn't fucking sleep at all that night
Actually... I think that would be my scariest experience to date. Or at least a tie with the hand(s)... that's the only time that ever happened to me, completely unexpected.
>>
>>28284972
>once woke up to a blonde tomboy girl pinning me down
>then i woke up
We need to go deeper.
>>
>>28285398
tits & ass
>>
>>28285398
Probably Faggotron, desu.
>>
Freefall with 1 arm under the pillow master race.
>>
>>28285439
I do it but also keep a pillow half hugged, half under my stomach. Only way I can sleep.
>>
File: 1461824959456.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1461824959456.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
>>28285036
I hear stuff very rarely when I'm either sleep paralysed or falling asleep, its gone from rap to conversations to the budget-horror-film "help meee" which made me roll my eyes. And not too long ago I was tripping pretty hard, I was seeing geometrically cracked crystal skulls, and then I heard a girls voice saying "remedyyyyyy! oh my god remedyyyyyyyyy!"

That weirded me the fuck out, for some reason I tend to think that was my shadow gf's voice. Although now when I think about it I guess she's never said anything. It was just the occultness of it that made me think it was her. I'm over her though... she's literally trashed my whole damn personality.
>>
>>28282958
Pharaoh position is the best.
>>
I sleep on a couch, so I'm kinda forced into the foetus position.

However, when I had a bed I generally slept in the "freefaller" position, occasionally starfish.
>>
>>28283826
i call it gay
>>
>>28285344
which ENB is this?
>>
>>28284972
Lol if I told you more you would start to think that I'm just a roleplayer from /x/ but the long and short of it is that she's a young catgirl who likes to drink. inb4 le pleb taste in women

I tried to summon her in a lucid dream, then I told myself never to try that again because I would literally stop caring about the real world. And then just recently I was in sleep paralysis and I felt a girl lying next to me, turned out to be shadow gf. Spooned her like I said. And that's the point when I say "Fuck that, I don't want an imaginary gf who is only part imaginary like that... It ain't right"
>>
>>28285067

I sleep like this too sometimes, but with right arm under leg instead
>>
Foetus & Freefaller. Literally the best ways to sleep, & the most redpilled.
>>
File: 0025.jpg (390 KB, 935x1200) Image search: [Google]
0025.jpg
390 KB, 935x1200
>>28282958
Souja boi reporting
Took like a month to be able to do but is so worth it, lucid dreams and good posture
>>
Somewhere between yearner, fetal, and pillowhugger.

I also usually sleep on side, kinda almost on my belly, holding onto a pillow with the arm that's off the bed, and wi th the arm that's on the bed tucked in between my thighs.

No other position is comfortable, and most of them make me anxious.
>>
Foetus with two arms between thighs is very comfy
>>
Freefaller here

When I sleep looking to my left I don't dream, when I sleep looking to my right I have nightmares
>>
>>28283991
I do freefaller by sleeping on the mattress next to the pillow.

I've woken up with neck pain a couple of times recently, but otherwise I've been fine.
>>
Yearner reporting in. Although I sleep with my bottom arm under the pillow for added support/future shoulder problems
>>
I sleep in any position i find comfortable that night. Like sleeping on stomach is comfy one time, the other time is not, etc. But soldier position, holy shit. If the time is right and I decide to lie down in that position, a weird feeling washes over me in an instant. Light headed, can't think straight but still 100% aware. Sometimes I get into a state of trance. Feels awesome to slow down your body to the point of losing sense of it and your surroundings. You kinda sink into dark but warm and comfy void, floating. Everything is slow, peaceful and perfect. Few times i had smoked weed to make it harder to snap out of it and listened to music. Felt as if it was comming from within my head, not the outside source. Hard to imagine i bet.

Also a question unrelated to the above? Does anyone ever, right before falling asleep, experience trains of random thoughts that come in some sorta logical order, but are completely fucking retarded? Once a new thought pops up, I forget the previous one. Or does anyone else hear a sudden loud noise? It scares the shit out of me but I forget what it sounds like every time. Makes me confused af as I'm not even sure if I actually heard anything.
>>
Freefaller here.
>>
>>28285253
>she was kinda into me
>been intimate with
>>28283502
>just shows my robotness
not in the slightest, fuck off
>>
>>28287794
That first thing sounds like sleep paralysis, which is when your body releases a chemical to relax your muscles to prevent you from flopping about and hurting yourself, but you're still concious. Normally it's pretty scary. But I guess you can enjoy it.

I experience the second thing quite often. It takes me forever to fall asleep, regardless of whether or not I'm tired. So I'll just hop from thought to thought.
>>
I like yearner and fetal, but on my back is the only way I can initially fall asleep now that I'm fat, everything else eventually gets uncomfortable for my lower ribs. If I wake up and try to get back to sleep I can sometimes do fetal or yearner, at the risk of waking to an asleep arm.
>>
Why are white males so petty about these things?
>>
>>28282958
Freefaller.
I wake up multiple times at night though because i drool a massive amount.
>>
My sleeping position isn't even on there
fucking plebs.
>>
>>28287926
I've experienced paralysis a couple of times. Happened when I had woken up from failed unintentional lucid dreams. Scary shit, but this ain't it. I mean legit trance. You can move your body but you don't feel like it at all. I just clear my head off of thoughts and focus on my breathing. I can even feel my own heartbeat
>>
freefaller godlike, it's the best for my neck, any other position and my neck hurts like fuck
>>
>>28282958
yearner to soldier depends on how tired i am
>>
>>28283826
Looks like Michael Jackson dancing or some shit.
I dub thee "beat it!"
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.